Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'd like to suggest....

Default Re: I'd like to suggest....

Bump
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

bumpity bump
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Hopefully they will answer. The intern is not helping soothe peoples anger. I would be interested in a dev or Mr Bowman answering the size/stat thread on dragons that is about 8 pages long.

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

*tailwhacks topic back to the top*

we really need you to pay those topics some attention devs.
    There are now multiple threads on it.

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    www.AncientOrder.org

The suggestion stil stands.
    Multiple threads on the topic.

Talk to us devs.

www.AncientOrder.org

Slowly I get the feeling that some player tries to compensate something with their dragon size....

Suggestion:
    Make check boxes in the options menu for showing dragons in halfor double size, problem solved.

btw. the earlier suggestion that it's easier for small ones to see mobs underneath with the old model is a bad joke if you used to have 3rd person view....

In combat there is only one real,but very cute solution anyway:

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

In combat there is only one real,but very cute solution anyway:
    Our point exactly.
    Provide the ones who are bothered by size with a means to deal with it. Like setscale.
    Dont replace the model with an ugly duckling kicking in the shins of those who have been looking forward to the full ancient size for well over a year.

www.AncientOrder.org

*cough*bump*cough*

talk to us devs.

www.AncientOrder.org

I think it's a matter of beating a dead horse. The threads have been read, there just isn't anything new and constructive to say. The size/stat issues are just he age-old collision of players wanting more irregardless and dev's trying to keep things managable for themselves and the playerbase as a whole. Everyone's never going to be happy, but that's the way it is. The 15% size reduction is obviously by design, and although there are pros and cons to the design there is no major unbalance or impact to gameplay in implimenting it other than minor annoyances and marginal (15% margin) differences. If you ask me, it's people being greedy and argumenative as usual. (Horray for internet anonymity)

Also, most of what I'm reading in the stat thread is just flames and begging for more with no real justification other than "me wantee." After about the 3rd page most threads just wander off into oblivion, people calling each other names and accusing others of being idiots.

My thoughts.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

It is not about the stats anymore.
    It is purely the size thing that matters a great deal to almost all (bar one or two) dragons.

www.AncientOrder.org

It's not a matter of greed or "just wanting to be argumentative". It's a simple request for communication.

I think that, as a paying customer, I (and the rest of the paying customers who desire it) deserve a little better than to be spun and lied to.

There is no major unbalance or impact to gameplay to leave the old models as they were, either.

As long as they keep ignoring it, the problem will get worse, people will NOT stop bringing it up or complaining about it, and it will continue to be a staple of all dev chats from now on.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Knapweed

Just an observation but an 'Adult' is already full-size by definition. In real life, which is an odd concept in itself, old farts usually lose a few inches, whilst at the same time, increase their surface area substantially by the sudden emergence of crinkles.

I think Ancients should be 3/4 the size of adults with mandatory spectacles and a zimmer frame.

Umm. We're talking DRAGONS here. Yep, that's right, not HUMANS.

In a great deal of common fantasy lore, Dragons do not stop growing at their sexually mature stage, and actually can get quite a bit larger (up to the size of a mountain in some stories) as they continue to age over millennia.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Knapweed

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    Umm. We're talking DRAGONS here. Yep, that's right, not HUMANS.

In a great deal of common fantasy lore, Dragons do not stop growing at their sexually mature stage, and actually can get quite a bit larger (up to the size of a mountain in some stories) as they continue to age over millennia.
    Actually, we are talking about every other creature on the planet apart from the odd sea mollusc or paradoxical frog. In 'common fantasy lore' (presumably you are including Dragons from all cultures, not just 'Puff the magic Dragon''), Dragons tend to be masculine in Persona but genderless and solitary. A lot of mythology refers to origins such as springing forth from mother earth and other magical devices. I can't recall any Dragons playing 'Mummies and Daddies', so I think 'sexually mature' is rather moot.

If, however, you can provide a link to an item about 'sexually mature Dragons the size of mountains', I'd be happy to reconsider my position.

Tons of pages about that Knapweed, google on it and be showered in pages :) .

oh, and I updated the the amount of threads dev should read and respond to.

www.AncientOrder.org

pester them about ancient advancement or something. dwelling on this (insignificant and cosmetic) change will not help your cause I think. The fact that they have not replied to any of those 5+ threads should give you some inkling as to their stance on the issue.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Quote Originally Posted by tjl
    (insignificant and cosmetic)
    oh no you did not just go there.

Thinking this is a childish issue is like saying that never letting it go and milking this dried up oversized cow for all its worth is childish. thats just not true.... or is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    As long as they keep ignoring it, the problem will get worse, people will NOT stop bringing it up or complaining about it, and it will continue to be a staple of all dev chats from now on.
    the more the complain about it, the more it's going to be ingored. And I usally only see maybe 6 dragons that are big time, Lets bug the crap out of everyone! So in all actuallity.. it's not that big of an issue, and since only what 2.5% of the players in Istaria are ancients it's not on top priority either.

and thats just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler

haha.

Your right Tribunal, it IS ignorant of me to think that asking the devs for an answer that is based in the realms of truth will net any results.

I think we are being insistant about this but not annoying to the other players.
    Theres the threads in dragons wich shouldnt bother anyone and theres this little suggestion I bump occasionaly.

To add to the issue, it seems Adults have been changed a wee bit in size too now.
    Wich is a silly way of dealing with the fact that there is hardly a visible difference between an adult and an ancient.

www.AncientOrder.org

Thread Information