Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biped only places

Default Biped only places

First of all this is NOT a flame against dragons because i have myself a lvl100/100 dragon of my own so i aint an antidragon biped.

Its nice that dragons have drukal and stuff to get to etc but i think bipeds should have places accessable by only them thus dragons cannot get to them it makes it only fair imo

Default Re: Biped only places

Quote Originally Posted by Doombreak
    .... but i think bipeds should have places accessable by only them thus dragons cannot get to them it makes it only fair imo
    An interesting idea.

It couldn't be an island off the mainland, like Drulkar. Dragons would be able to reach it. The only way I can think of creating a biped only area is to have something akin to the Rift, but for bipeds.

Are you suggesting a biped version of the Rift? What would be inside? How would such a place fit in with all of the biped races, lore-wise?

Interesting idea.

What could work is a floating island that floats higher then 2000 meters.
    No Idea how it would fit into the lore though.

maybe a place to put new trainers for super prestige classes?
    A place to get trained for post 100 progression?
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Riftwise...sounds very intresting let me think here hmmmmm i have been reading up on the whole history of istaria in my book and read the history of the 8 towers in the world ould be something along those lines where the ability to be able to respawn is beocming harder for the living races so in order for the porcess to start good again Bipeds must go the rite of everlasting life again could be something nice for bipeds would make dragons rely on bipeds...it could also be host of many mobs for racial abilties or even a time rift with marrows, deathly ogres, AOP and many other mobs from the old days. Maybe the devs could follow some lore on the battle of tazoon where ryson stormbringer detonated his 'artifact' to save the world (seems to me to be a nlucear bomb (tazoon crater is where it exlopded(with all the glass and blighted sandstone)))

also another biped only place would b a red walled area maybe where u must attune by talking to a gatekeeper and when dragons try to attempt to attune the gatekeeper t ells them they cannot or somethign along those lines

Is there actually any good reason why we would need a biped only place? What possible purpose would it serve? Inventing one just because the dragons have one, then trying to come up with reasons it is needed is kind of going at it backwards...

It's a nice idea to make it fair, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobal
    A place to get trained for post 100 progression?
    another good nice idea, but not needed. If you are refering to lvling past 100, quest now, I'm all for that.

Well... let's remember that while the Rift looks really nice and all, there:
    - aren't many mobs there, and they are sparsely positioned
    - there is no loot at all, except for a few strange trinkets that have no HV and no uses
    - no special resources

There's some xp in there, but dragons going into the rift usually are lvl 100 anyway. The only reason to go to the Rift is to do the ARoP, or assist in it (and the summoned guardians drop good amounts of cash). Having said that, I think it would be an interesting idea to have a place where bipeds have to go to complete some big quest - acquiring an epic spell or ability, for example. This place would be open only to persons on the quest, and maybe to those who have completed it (as the Rift is).

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Drakul isunder construction. It's not done yet.All they did was letwhat's currently therego live. Right now going there is mainly for dragons scouting out lair plots to bid on next month.

Before you sayDrakul will bedragon accessable only you might wait until you see the final version. Most liklelyit will have it's share of teleporters once it's complete and bipeds will be able to get there just fine. In fact, I'll be counting on it if I buy my lair plot there since I'll want it to be accessable to my hatchling alt. If I can't get my hatchling there I"m not buying a plot there; however, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get my hatchling there. I expect that getting to some of the more mountainous spots will be tough if you can't fly, but that's not the same as saying you can't get around at all. If that botherspeople then it should also botherthem that there are places on existing mountains on the mainland whichyou can't get to if you can't fly.

While the content will undoubtedly be skewed towards dragons, that's not the same as being dragon accessible only. Almost all places in Istaria are skewed towards bipeds. Heh, if they added another area skewed toward bipeds people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.

The Rift is a small area which dragons only go to to complete the AROP or to help someone else complete the AROP. If there's ever a long involved quest bipeds have to do to continue to advance their characters (they're unable to advancepast a certain pointuntil they do it)I would have no problem whatsoever with some sort of biped equivalent Rift only accessible to those who are doing or have done that quest. While I agree a species restricted area might give better atmosphere perhaps that's just not feasable considering how many biped species there are. Besides, are there really enough Satyrs out there to handle Satyr only boss mobs?

An Interesting Idea, although I wouldn't put a high priority on it personally. The powers that be have spent enough time working on content for a limited selection of the game's populations. Its time do something for all players.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    An Interesting Idea, although I wouldn't put a high priority on it personally. The powers that be have spent enough time working on content for a limited selection of the game's populations. Its time do something for all players.
    *cough* have agressive attacks (hopefully with less lagg hard to ask I know) *cough* that way we could turn the battle from Bi-peds and dragons back to the game and all get along very well again like we did while we slowly lose our towns and cities [H]

just put red barrier up on your plot, then they cant mess with you!

NimKhazad
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

It would be nice in the future to see areas restricted to bipeds, and perhaps even more restrictive such as race or class or race and class combination restrictions.

This could be a good addition for the purposes of quests and the like such as an elven ranger only "grove" or something.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Do we really want to go 'restricting' players? [8-)]

Let them explore.

If there was a reason for it, that would be fine. But making some kind of limited access place solely because there is something akin to that in dragon arop, is a stupid reason.

Dragons have access to the whole world..includes the lost machines isle, drulkar and other isles that bipeds require bridges to cross and the pool of teeth..wen i first started i wanted to explore those areas so i woz forced to create a dragon for that purpose..Ive seen the world from both a dragon and a biped and i still think as a minor addition is a biped only place..i do not know wot it will be or look like tho

Quote Originally Posted by Doombreak
    Dragons have access to the whole world..includes the lost machines isle
    I haven't checked recently but I heard they removed the machines. We're talking about a TINY island in the middle of nowhere with nothing on it. There may be a couple other tiny islands somewhere, but I don't know of any with resources, mobs, or any other reason to go except sightseeing -- which you can do in about one minute because they're so small.

drulkar
    I already pointed out that it will most likely be biped accessable WHEN IT'S DONE. It's not done yet.

and other isles that bipeds require bridges to cross
    Which they can build and dragons cannot.

and the pool of teeth
    You're joking right? There's nothing there unless you're at one specific step of your RoP. I haven't visited it since my RoP and haven't missed it. If this was such a huge deal why bring it up now instead of when the RoP was introduced in March 2004?

Yes, THE perk of being a dragon is flight and the ability to visit odd nooks and cranies of the world. There's also various rocks and peaks on the mainland which require flight to reach. Not being able to reach those isn't going to hurt anyone because there's never any mobs or resources in those places. However, there are still aspects of gameplay from which dragons are excluded (multiclassing) with no timetable when they'll get them even though bipeds had them since release. It's likely that some aspects of gameplay (community projects) will always exclude dragons except as mules. That's part of the give and take. If you want to experience everything you have to make more then one race.

Until this whole dragon racism thing reared it's ugly head I was quite willing to be patient and get along.To try to give each race what every other race has just ends up making all the races the same, then there's no point in having different races. So I"m not really pushing (never have pushed hard) for dragons doing absolutely everything bipeds can do. However, when I see dragon hate posts I start reconsidering that view (and no this is not a dragon racism thread with a few exceptions).

But sure in the interests of equal treatment, if they want to give bipeds access to some pool or area whose only purpose is a specific quest and once you've done the quest there's no reason to go back I have no objection. But don't go blowing this accessability issue all out of proportion.

OMG its the Jesse Jackson of Dragons.

This thread/suggestion has absolutely nothing to do with antidragonism or dragon hate or "dragon racism". NOTHING. You can argue for or against it all you like, qualify it as high priority, low priority, completely unimportant. But to try and kill the suggestion by painting it as "dragon racism".....that's just sad.

Now then:

Sprite: *Arcat* Will there be areas/zones only Ancients can enter?
    DavidBowman: There are some locations on Live that only Ancients can reach. There are more planned, and we know that during 2006 there will be some significant additions to the accessible world of Istaria.
    DavidBowman: There is also one community that is only reachable by Ancients.
    The rift is one of the coolest places in the game, if not the coolest.

Again I put a low priority on this idea personally, but its not evil, a terrible idea, or "dragon racism"
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

As i stated in the first post to start the thread that this is NOT anything against dragons..i myself have a 100/100 drag so i know the ups and downs of beinga drag..i thought of it something along the lines of giving bipeds a place that they can call thier own suppose it woukld b mainly for RPers who might wanna go to place where they wouldnt be runing thro legs of dragons..it doesnt bother me either way wot gets implimented it woz only a thought

Although you took it that way Goraix, I will back you up only in the way of saying that is probably what you have come to expect from the forums and that thus is how you shall forever read it until it's completely gone, considering you just came from alot of the threads with Bi-peds harpin on dragons and Dragons harpin back on bi-peds it's easy to understand why you took it the way you did. But I believe most of us are starting to move past it now.

For RP reasons, that sounds fine to me. (Go for it in that case)

As far as pool of teeth, if you can port to peak of storms, you can walk around the shore of the island and get to the pool of teeth. You can even get into Nyasana's cave as a biped. from up by where hestha is just go over the edge and further down the mountain... -> pool of teeth.

As far as dragons having a place. 'they can call thier own' The rift gets old after a few hunts. It's not very big, only has guardians, Elial, andcopies of mobs we got elsewhere. The guardians and Elial are only new things really. so those 2mobs i suppose dragons can call thier 'own'.

The island with lairs will have teleporters to get to it. Laircrafting requires resources. they going to keep people from porting there as hatchlings? or when Dragging construction materials? I think not. Bipeds will even be able to get to there. maybe not the tallest peaks (big deal)

None of those reasons are adequate. however if there were bipeds who "wanted to get away from those mean lunus dragons.." etc. that is a good reason. Only good reasoning I've heard.

Maybe a gnome vacation spot, tunneled away under the ocean or something. "We've got naked Gnome skinny dipping! No Dragons! No Sharks! Reserve your tickets today!" 1-800-IM NOT FOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    As far as pool of teeth, if you can port to peak of storms, you can walk around the shore of the island and get to the pool of teeth. You can even get into Nyasana's cave as a biped. from up by where hestha is just go over the edge and further down the mountain... -> pool of teeth.
    That's right, been already there after visiting a RoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    The island with lairs will have teleporters to get to it. Laircrafting requires resources. they going to keep people from porting there as hatchlings? or when Dragging construction materials? I think not. Bipeds will even be able to get to there. maybe not the tallest peaks (big deal)
    And what makes you that shure that a biped will be able to atune to that location? Well and as PJ posted before, DB was telling something about a "community that is only reachable by Ancients."

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Thread Information