Thread: Wassup with the Construction related crashes?

Peri_Breeze

Default Wassup with the Construction related crashes?

[8o|] Ok....it's been a number of days now, and I know there have been other issues come up, but this is becoming a show stopper.

There have been a number of posts on this in the past week or two, and I've reviewed allI could find, and attempted some of the workarounds / fixes. I've not found one that will fix it completely, unfortunately, and I don't want to continue to work around it. I want it to work and I want to know HZ sees this as a problem to be fixed ASAP.

With all the construction going on, we have to go VERY slow through the construction window in order to make an attempt at not crashing....even though the crash will definately come sooner or later. I will either crash when I try to apply, try to examine property for work opportunities, or just look at a building, close the window and start to walk away.

I've not heard anything from anyone at AE on this, but I don't review all of the forums, so I may have missed it.

Pleeeeeeeeese....if anyone out there has anything from a DEV explaining when this will be fixed, pass it on.

I've made it though all of the other things done to trash crafting in this game in the name of progress, but Iplay to craft, and rebooting so often is not an option in my game life.

Thanks.

Peri of Order

Default Re: Wassup with the Construction related crashes?

I can imagine this to be a profundly annoying problem - being a crafter/builder myself. I thought it was fixed (according to recent patch notes) and it has never been a problem for me ... so its clearly (at least in my mind) something inconsistent and perhaps related to how the construction is being done or something hardware related.

I haev heard rumoured that if you construct via the plot marker or are not close enough to the structure being built it will crash ... try standing inside the scaffolding of the item being constructed and double click directly on the structure to initiate the constuction process.

Im not a techy so Im only able to offer this as advice ... I trust others will be able to offer other solution proposals.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

[:|]

Construction crashes were a major pain in the backside in the beta days and the first few months of live servers too

But AE did patch them construction crashes away but it seems that this oldDevil has returned to usonce again

[:S]

Lockwood

Essentially it's forced me into postponing my building aspirations. For now its just collect and refine resources, so once it all goes on I can make run after run and complete the structure.

Unfortunately, this is the best suggestion I've heard from anyone (which is why I adopted it), and its more of a distraction than a real solution.

Oh well, that's the way it goes

Yesterday night David Bowman said on IRC that a new client with many construction related CTD fixed.

Hope it'll help...
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information