Thread: Can't play the game... could use some help.

Xeoneex

Default Can't play the game... could use some help.

Ok well I have everything patched with the patcher that was provided with the exe from install etc... I go to the horizons.istaria.com to play, it brings up an error

The patching process has failed, please enure that:
    1 You trust digitally signed content from Tulga Games.
    2 You are an admin on your computer
    3 You have the .Net framework 1.1 installed.

Error Name:TypeError
    Error Message: Object doesn't support this properly or method
    Extened Error Message: Failed Initializing .NET control.

I have winxp 64 edition with the framework 2.0 installed. There is nothing that I can download for 1.1 for 64 ed. I'm not sure what else to do, and I'm not sure how to check if Tulga Games is digitally signed or whatever, let alone have it set right.

Default Re: Can't play the game... could use some help.

You trust digitally signed content from Tulga Games. - means that you have to add the site to the thrusted webpages in the internet explorer.....
    Admin is not needet to be....

But I dont think thats the prob.... seems to be a prob between Hz and 64bit + .Net 2

Xeoneex

i dont know becuase I reinstalled .net2, then the 1.1 and followed their instructions to enable 1.1 on a 64bit xp. but yet still wont work. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Xeoneex

Ah whew, I got it, wasn't that though. It was something to do with ActiveX and the 32bit IE. I guess 64bit isn't fully compatible with activex :/ oh well least I'm in -_- Thanks for the help heh.

Britt Tigahare

What did you do? I have been having this problem for months and no one has been able to help me with this. I thought maybe possibly what you did might help me. The stand alone launcher is the only way of me logging in currently but there may come a time when I will need to log in through the website like with a security update they did recently which required you to log in through the website first. I ended up having to get a dev send me the URLs to download the new patcher files. But it would really be nice if I could use the website from time to time (especially since you can't create a new character through the stand alone).

Dairuka

Quote Originally Posted by Britt Tigahare
    What did you do? I have been having this problem for months and no one has been able to help me with this. I thought maybe possibly what you did might help me. The stand alone launcher is the only way of me logging in currently but there may come a time when I will need to log in through the website like with a security update they did recently which required you to log in through the website first. I ended up having to get a dev send me the URLs to download the new patcher files. But it would really be nice if I could use the website from time to time (especially since you can't create a new character through the stand alone).
    Hello. I'm new here, but I experienced the exact same problem with my internet.

The main problem was that Internet Explorer requires you to download an Active X program called Tulga.acx. After your first error, you'll notice at the top of Internet Explorer a small line saying, "Can not run Active X, you need to download <Insert File Here> to run."

Just click it, download the file. Then when your firewall, Virus Scan, or Spyware Blocker asks you if you want to allow Microsoft to run this program, choose "Yes."

Then Horizons will boot up from the webpage.

Just something I figured out about ten seconds ago. The game is patching now. I'm eager to get in game to try it out for the first time.
    Last edited by Dairuka; April 5th, 2006 at 08:59 AM.

Thread Information