Thread: Trying to create account

ST Dragon

Default Trying to create account

Hello community id like to make my first account but i seem to be having a problem of some sort.

The problem is the user name(email address) section.

I put in my email adress as my user name and it doesant like it it gives the following message.

Your username cannot be an email address. Only alphnumeric values are allowed (0-9, A-Z, a-z).

Anyone got any ideas what inm doing wrong also if you can post example user names so i can see perhaps where im going wrong (dont use actuall usernames tho ).

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

A user name would be like STDragon. But they currently have billing problems that are preventing new account creation. It is being worked on. CHeck around in this form and you should see when it is fixed.

ST Dragon

ok problem sorted thanks.

Kinboz Freesun

i am having the same peoblem, what did you do to fix it?

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by Kinboz Freesun
    i am having the same peoblem, what did you do to fix it?
    Kinboz, what's your status?

There have been two fixes, another went in last night....

Hushpaw

When we hit "submit" on the account creation, we get this message:

Your username cannot be an email address. Only alphnumeric values are allowed (0-9, A-Z, a-z).

When the email address is removed and a username without one is entered, we get this message:

Your username should be an email address. Please ensure you are entering a properly formatted email address.

Again, I did not have this problem last night.

*edit...

It seems the fix for this is NOT to have a space in the avatar name anywhere.
    Last edited by Hushpaw; June 17th, 2006 at 05:06 PM.

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by Hushpaw
    When we hit "submit" on the account creation, we get this message:

When the email address is removed and a username without one is entered, we get this message:

Your username should be an email address. Please ensure you are entering a properly formatted email address.

Again, I did not have this problem last night.

*edit...

It seems the fix for this is NOT to have a space in the avatar name anywhere.
    Ok....this is NOT from tech support. This is from Dotcher and I playing and trying to determine issues.

In the DISPLAY NAME field. DO NOT use spaces or any other characters other than A-Z and 0-9.

Let me know how it works.

Dotcher

Yup, it turns out the error message actually refers to the Display Name field - that must contain alphanumeric characters only, with no spaces.

The error message is rather confusing, to say the least - I'll ask for this to be changed.

Thankyou all for your patience on this.

Hushpaw

Great technical support! Thank you.

Kinboz Freesun

i am still encountering the problem, i removed the spaces and made sure it was all in alphanumeric.
    let me get this streight, in the user name(email address) field i put: Kinbozfreesun
    in the display name field i put: Kinboz

and i get this message:

i have tried putting in an e-mail address and get a message saying to use alphanumeric and not to use an e-mail address as a username.

Kinboz Freesun

i believe i have solved my problem! the @hotmail.com extension is NOT capatable! i have created my trial account! thanks!

Dotcher

Hi,

We've tried several times with addresses @hotmail.com, and created several trial accounts without any problem.

I'm glad to hear you've got an account created now; if anyone else experiences issues with hotmail, please let me know?

Thankyou.

Thread Information