Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tazoon

LordPazuzu

Default Tazoon

I am basically new to Horizons. I played the game at launch, but left to to horrible performance issues and went back to EQ. But with the free trial, I'm giving it another shot.

When I first played Horizons, Tazoon was completely unusable since my framerate bottomed out wheneveer I ported in, but that is obviously no longer the case. The city is beautiful, absolutely beautiful, with great character int eh architecture and obviously alot of thought and care put into it's creation. And it's totally and utterly devoid of life, witht he exception of a handful of NPCs. Maybe I'm missing some bit of gamelore as to why this iz, but if I'm not I think this city could really use an NPC population pass by a content team. It would make a wonderful impression to any new players trying out the demo or trying out the upcoming expansion. This city could be so full of life and it's dead.

putting in lots of npcs at this time would "bottom out" your fps again. but I really do like this suggestion, for when the client can handle it.
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

We have very specific plans for Tazoon. We are waiting on more client updates to put these plans into place, but we think all of you will be very entertained with the results. In the meantime, Tazoon has been deliberately emptied of most essential content to avoid sending players into the city.
    David Bowman

I think that the main reason that it is devoid of life is the reason you stated previously...
    Quote Originally Posted by LordPazuzu
    When I first played Horizons, Tazoon was completely unusable since my framerate bottomed out wheneveer I ported in
    Because of the history of Tazoon being unusable/not really much being there that players in general need, the place is devoid of at least player life... I know I only go there once in a blue moon, when a quest requires me to do so.. or when I decide I want to port to the Floatin Isle, other then that, I tend to shy away from it because there are other ways/places I can get what and to where I need to go without venturing through the place.

EDIT: Wow... I spose the reason I dont go there is just what DB wants us to do... perhaps Ill start going through the city again.. Naa....
    Last edited by Fratricide; June 20th, 2006 at 09:49 PM.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Up until the last patch I had to restart horizons every time after visiting Tazoon. Memory buildup or clients leaks, something would kill the performance of the game.

When I was a hatchling, I used to sink through the streets there and get stuck a lot. It encouraged me to stay away.

Not sure what causes that bug, I think it has to do with view distance or somesuch.

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

Well currently I am visiting Tazoon twice every 1/2 hour, which I know is rare for many people. The main reasons I do though are the trainers I need are there and are not in many other places and becuase it is free.

I use Tazoon all the time, trainers, free ports, etc. It is a beautiful city shame not many others use it.
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

I was wandering around Tazoon last night. I had no idea it had a confectioner trainer in town. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    We have very specific plans for Tazoon. We are waiting on more client updates to put these plans into place, but we think all of you will be very entertained with the results. In the meantime, Tazoon has been deliberately emptied of most essential content to avoid sending players into the city.
    I have a one word request for what to do with Tazoon, that most old school Asheron's Call players will understand :

Arwic

Heh :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cheopis
    I have a one word request for what to do with Tazoon, that most old school Asheron's Call players will understand :

Arwic

Heh :P
    ROFL

i don't get the refrence
    Chaos Kryu-Saris
    33 Druid,40 Cleric,17 Warrior,8 Mage,64 Carpenter, 54 Mason, 54 Enchanter, 43 Fitter, 31 Weaver
    Moragon-Dragon : 63 Adv, 47 DRCA, 13 LS

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    Oh great! I like the looks of that city very much and enjoyed the part of the trials of the gifted quest that had me explore that town.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

*silently hopes the plans include a very big boom*

<_<
    >_>
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryu
    i don't get the refrence
    let's just say that after 'the incident', the locals began referring to the town as "Charwic"

Big boom?

Boom! V?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Dotcher

City fall down go boom!

Listen, lad. I built this kingdom up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was desert. Other kings said I was daft to build a city on a desert, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the quicksand. So, I built a second one. That sank into the quicksand. So, I built a third one. That burned down, blew up, then sank into the quicksand, but the fourth one... stayed up! And that's what you're gonna get, lad: the strongest city in these islands.

Thread Information