Thread: On freedom of the skies...

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Default On freedom of the skies...

My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind, and mayhap they should best be lost as that wind is lost. But a thinking I have thought, aye and mine idiot avatar with me on that path...

I know not what Harpies may be or come to be. Long and long has it been since I last heard that word... but if the gods do sit and ponder Foe, then a Foe hath come to me.

For now, if a drake may take it to the skies, it is in a ground that stands most safe. If it can rise, and fly, and set beyond the reach of root or similar magery, it may indeed not heal, but it may take stance or take wing to a place where that may be done.

I think me of a change to the world, and a Foe that may come. Harpy, undead drake, the name matters not.

Let this Foe have wings. It may fly as it wills. Let it attack those that have no wings, but neither by bolt or claw may it attack from the air one that walks the ground. To do so, it must take the land itself and be walker also.

But let one come near this Foe hath in emnity, and let that one also have wing.. then may the Foe cast, or draw near and make claw. Let them combat thus. And if that one be drake, then let it also make war aloft, aye, and heal also. But it may only make war on wing if it strikes a Foe that also rides the winds. By bolt or claw, it may only strike another that flies. And if for Foe ot the one it fight there be walker near tha tmay cast Healing bolts.. then that one may cast from the ground and Heal also. Or cast arrow or cross-bolt or other magery.

And if either aloft are held by root, or be similar magery, then let them fall full from the sky to the waiting ground. Aye, and let that ground treat Foe or other alike and strike them measure for measure, that from that falling they are wounded.

With Foe of the sky, then might new bond be made between those that walk and those that fly. Or no.. it would be as it must.

And if the gods were truly twisted as mine avatar, then let these Foe that walk the winds also ride those winds in the Void Rift, where draku seek Ancient wings...

My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost as that wind or no, as is the will of the world.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    nobody and Nothing ever, save the Five do Feast.

Charmingly written, however, what ARE you saying?
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Aerial combat.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

So your asking for flying mobs that can attack players that cant fight back at all? WTF.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

No, he's asking for mobs that can fight with dragons in the sky, but has to land when fighting characters on the ground (and vice versa)
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan
    No, he's asking for mobs that can fight with dragons in the sky, but has to land when fighting characters on the ground (and vice versa)
    Aye, Tramsan Elder. Ye have the right of it.

In words more plain, it might be spoken thus:

Can these Foe attack a flying dragon from the air? Aye.

Can these Foe , while on their own wings, attack any that are not on wing and walk on foot? Nay

Can these Foe land, take foot upon the land, and attack any that also walk the land on foot? Aye.

Should, if these Foe come, draku be able to cast healing upon themselves on the wing? Aye.

Should, if these Foe come, those of two legs be able to heal those that fly while they still fly? Aye.

Should any that find these words seek wisdom in their voice and cast any merit or weight upon them? Only if it is their will, else let them be cast aside and forgotten. It will be as it must in any wise...

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save the Five do Feast
    Last edited by peladon; July 2nd, 2006 at 10:35 PM.

I think this is an idea that would indeed give even more flavour to the game.

As a biped I have to decide which road to take. I cannot always use the shortest route, because some regions are filled with deadly mobs. And if I do have to cross their path, that really gets the old adrenaline flowing. And this is fun, actually.

So i would say give the dragons the same thrill.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Excellent idea, and wonderfully written I would love this; flying is huge fun as it is, and if there was the risk of meeting a flying foe it would be even better. As long as the spawn wasn't fixed, it would be great if you didn't know where they ever were and it was just a random meeting.

Thread Information