Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange charge on my checking account!

Default Strange charge on my checking account!

I noticed a few days ago that besides the usual charge close to the end of each month from EI, there was a $.99 charge on 8/7/07, also from EI. I figured they were trying to fix the billing system. I have 4 subs that need to be taken care of. However, with the news that the game has been sold yet again (but thankfully back to peeps that originally had it), I am not sure what EI is trying to do. Anyone else experiencing weird charges?

Default Re: Strange charge on my checking account!

hmm, i just checked my statement and i have no similar charge, i do however show a charge from EII on the 16 for the usual monthly subscription amount ($12.95). and i must wonder if it is legit? to Mr. Horizons CS, when should the billing cut off from EII and switch over to Virtrium? should they have billed me two days ago?

If I were you, I'd call your bank/credit card company or PayByTouch and block everything from EI. It has been well documented that the company is NOT honest and it would not surprise me if they have card info and keep on charging people even after they are no longer legally entitled to do so. Don't wait, just do it. EI still has never reimbursed people that they screwed over from a year ago and I doubt they ever will. A new billing system is coming soon from people who are honest and care about the game and they will let us know when it is ready. Til then, it is "free". But I'd happily pay an extra month to Rick & Co. to make up for the time they have had it but have been unable to charge for it.

Do not accept any charges from EI for all you are doing is putting money in the pockets of dishonest people.

Yes. I had the same charge for my 3 accounts. An explaination would be greatly appreciated

Icabald Percival Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    If I were you, I'd call your bank/credit card company or PayByTouch and block everything from EI. It has been well documented that the company is NOT honest and it would not surprise me if they have card info and keep on charging people even after they are no longer legally entitled to do so. Don't wait, just do it. EI still has never reimbursed people that they screwed over from a year ago and I doubt they ever will. A new billing system is coming soon from people who are honest and care about the game and they will let us know when it is ready. Til then, it is "free". But I'd happily pay an extra month to Rick & Co. to make up for the time they have had it but have been unable to charge for it.

Do not accept any charges from EI for all you are doing is putting money in the pockets of dishonest people.
    i understand all of that, but i am still hesitant to do so until i have 100% confirmation that the handover is complete and EII no longer has any legal connection with the game. A statement to such effect from Horizons CS is all i am waiting for, the -moment- it arrives i will call my bank and tell them to cut the line to EII. Horizons CS, if you for whatever reason are unable to say so in a public thread, please -please- PM me about it, the sooner the better.

Shur did you sign up with the first "billing program" EI put up last year about this time or later?

i signed up in may (2007) when i discovered the game. didn't know about the bad history with EII at the time or i wouldn't ave filled in billing info...

Ah ok should be safeish at that time they had unsecured billing plan and a couple people are known to have seen the CC info. But hopefully they will fix the billing soon. I just wonder if EI is still getting the cash or not.

Your checking account?

Never use your debit card online! Get a regular credit card without a monthly/annual fee and use that for your online purchases. Pay it off before the grace period and you won't have to pay finance charges (thus the APR does not come into play). It builds credit and you're only liable for up to $50 (in the US) for unauthorized use.

If you submitted your information via the 'secure' site (the one at the login site), you might be okay once you get PBT to close your account. I was told that the mechanism there sent your billing info directly to PBT and that your full billing info was not stored in the HZ database. This does not mean that EI didn't modify the billing script to skim that info as it was being sent to PBT.

If you ever submitted your information via the insecure site (the one EI put up last year around this time that had a light-colored background with images of credit cards), you are probably better off reporting your card as stolen.

In any case, keep an eye on your account and don't delay to dispute any charges you didn't make. If you wait too long (usually 30-60 days), you lose the right to contest them with your bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Your checking account?
    If you submitted your information via the 'secure' site (the one at the login site), you might be okay once you get PBT to close your account.
    how does one manage that? i didn't even know i had a PBT account, much less the details on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    how does one manage that? i didn't even know i had a PBT account, much less the details on it.
    Well not a PBT account in the sense that you can access it. Your info went to PBT who does the billing. At some point EI gave up with trying to deal with cancellations and referred everyone requesting a cancellation to PBT. I don't know if you were around for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Well not a PBT account in the sense that you can access it. Your info went to PBT who does the billing. At some point EI gave up with trying to deal with cancellations and referred everyone requesting a cancellation to PBT. I don't know if you were around for that.

so just call up PBT, say i want to cancel a billing, and they will know what to do?

yes. When I told EII i wanted to cancle my accounts they ignored me and kept billing. I called PBT. They cancled my accounts and refunded the money.
    Chaos Kryu-Saris
    33 Druid,40 Cleric,17 Warrior,8 Mage,64 Carpenter, 54 Mason, 54 Enchanter, 43 Fitter, 31 Weaver
    Moragon-Dragon : 63 Adv, 47 DRCA, 13 LS

Quote Originally Posted by Kryu View Post
    They cancled my accounts and refunded the money.
    oh, excellent. maybe they will give me the $12.95 EI charged two days ago back?

Quote Originally Posted by VISA
    08/03/2007 CHG-02 AUG WWW.EIINTERACTIVE.COM 0 0 -0.99
    866-6094729 TN
    08/03/2007 CHG-02 AUG WWW.EIINTERACTIVE.COM 0 0 -0.99
    866-6094729 TN
    And I got 2 of them, yet only had one account (and has been cancelled).

Are they now charging people that accessed the server by logging in while cancelled? As in $ .99/day?
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

no. its not authorized. shouldn't do that. PBT refunded my $24 since I was bill twice in one month after I told EII to cancle my account. EII appearnely has a bad rep for ignoring cancelations. Didn't supprise PBT in the least.
    Chaos Kryu-Saris
    33 Druid,40 Cleric,17 Warrior,8 Mage,64 Carpenter, 54 Mason, 54 Enchanter, 43 Fitter, 31 Weaver
    Moragon-Dragon : 63 Adv, 47 DRCA, 13 LS

tsk tsk people

you do realize that those charges are whats called testing the waters. A company will put a $1 charge to see if the card is active and valid. This is usually done by car rental agencies etc. Could mean that EI was getting ready to do a bunch of bogus charges again.

also those charges aren't being done by PBT.

Those charges are fraudulent. The "pre-auth" that a company sometimes does to validate your CC is just that .. a pre-authorization that does not Debit your card. it simply puts a hold on said funds untill the final charge is rung through...

In this case EII (Not PBT but EII Handbombing these VISA charges yet a frigging gain) is fraudulently charign as many CCs as they can for a dollar.. Sure you may laugh and so they are doing all this for a few hundred bucks?

Umm yes.. Im not sure how the sale of HZ to Virtirum went but Im willing to bet it was a hostile takeover (much like the sale to EIO). EIO is now just grabbing any cash they can with impunity because they know 50% of the peopel wont catch it, another 40% wont care and of the 10% that do care all they can do is call their CC company and charge it back and for alot of people the effort isnt worth the $.99

Isnt it sad in this day and age that a company like EIO can sit there with impunity and scam innocent people of hundreds of dollars but because they only do it $.99 at a time there is nothing anyone will do about it.. What a frigging effed up world we live in.

Just to add to the masses, I have the same $0.99 charge on the account I use to pay for my Horizons subscription. It appeared on 8 / 7 / 2007, completely separate from the usual monthly charge. Looked odd, but I wasn't sure whether or not it was bogus and haven't yet disputed it until I know for sure. I certainly didn't authorize it though.

That in mind, any ideas on how billing will be affected if/when the buyout of Horizons by Virtrium is complete? I would think that, just as when EII took over before, all such assets like billed accounts would change to the new owners. However my monthly payment will be due in a few days, and I don't want to think that it will go to EII while the real owners get nothing due to underhanded measures with the billing database.
    Rralix Naroth : Hatchling Dragon, Adv 40 / Craft 47 / Lair 20 - Order Shard
    Draygon : Hatchling Dragon, Adv 12 / Craft 13 - Blight Shard (alive once more!)

Guys dont play nieve on this... Let me spell it out for you..

Fact: Any charges on your CC from EII is NOT going to the current and legal owners of HZ.

EII = doesnt exist anymore. Remember the PME "buyout"? Remember the PME sale to some other company..

This $.99 cash grab is probably, in ALL likelihood, just a testing of the waters by the EII "handbomb" billing scam to see how many cards are still accepting charges from them before they push through another rash of billing "errors".

If I were you I'd reject all charges from those miscreant asshats and call your CC company ASAP. Reject the charges and tel your CC to put a perma block on them due to fraudulent billing practices they have perpetrated in the past.

Virtrium will not get ANY cash from any transaction on your CC that says EII. Fact and end of story.

Unless it says "Virtrium" (or whoever rick is going to use for an online billing company) your dollars are NOT going to reach the rightful owners. Dispute it, charge it back and scream bloody murder.

Thread Information