Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Subscription Model

Hybrid View

Post The New Subscription Model

We received a lot of feedback from the Istarian Community. We listened and below is the new pricing structure that we're putting forward.

If you are one of the people with a "wait and see" or "prove it" perspective - (you want to stand back from the dock), we'd like to suggest the Basic Subscription. This is less than the previous monthly rate of $12.95 and will give you a chance to be in game and involved for less.

If you have an existing plot or more than one plot - but want to keep both feet on the dock, we'd like to suggest the Grandfather Subscription. You can lock in at the old monthly pricing or purchase a block of time at the old block price. Block purchases for Grandfather Subscriptions are a one time, special deal. They do not renew and after the block expires, you will need to select one of the Gifted Subscription with A La Carte options. This subscription has all the features of the old billing system and will be available until September 15, 2007. Please note that this subscription can not be used with the A La Carte upgrade system.

If you like what we're doing - but want to keep one foot on the dock (and one in the water), we'd like to suggest the Gifted Subscription. We've increased the number of character slots and consignment slots. You can also add extra character slots or consignment slots using the Al La Carte System (somebody out there come up with a clever Istarianish name for this Al La Carte thing).

If you love what we're doing and are ready to get both feet wet (we're already in and it's only going to get better), there are 6 and 12 month Gifted Subscription available. We are also putting together something special to show our appreciation for anyone who takes advantage of this offer between now and when we start Plot Reclamation.

BASIC SUBSCRIPTION
    New players starting out or previous players wanting to have a look around.
    Intended for short term use.
    Can not use A La Carte Upgrades.

Monthly Automatic Renewal - $9.95
    3 character slots
    1 concurrent Login
    50 Global Consignment Slots

GRANDFATHER SUBSCRIPTION
    Temporarily available for current players of Horizons.
    If allowed to expire, can not be renewed.
    Can not use A La Carte Upgrades.

Monthly Automatic Renewal - $12.95
    1 Plot or Lair
    75 Global Consignment Slots
    5 Character Slots
    1 Concurrent Login

6 Month Grandfather Subscription - One Time Special - No Renewal - $65.70 (6 months at $10.95/month)
    12 Month Grandfather Subscription - One Time Special - No Renewal - $119.40 (12 months at $9.95/month)

GIFTED SUBSCRIPTION
    Players who decide Horizons is their game.
    Allows full use of A La Carte system.

Monthly Automatic Renewal - $14.95
    1 Plot or Lair
    150 Global Consignment Slots
    7 Character Slots
    1 Concurrent Login

6 Month Gifted Subscription - Automatic Renewal - $77.70 (6 months at $12.95/month) (Short Term Promotion - After Plot Reclamation starts, will revert to $83.70)
    12 Month Gifted Subscription - Automatic Renewal - $155.40 (12 months at $12.95/month)

A La Carte Upgrades
    5 extra characters: $5/month
    100 consignment slots: $5/month

Future A La Carte Upgrades
    Vault / Silo Upgrades: We're investigating but not likely to happen
    XML Character dump: We're investigating - may or may not happen
    Personal Consigner Listing on Website: We're investigating - may or may not happen
    Special Plots: Very not likely to happen
    Personal Dock (Duck): We're investigating

We know we're not going to make everyone happy, but we think we have hit a very good middle ground with the new pricing structure. If you think we've brought new meaning to the term evil corporation - especially after we've tried to reach some middle ground on the Grandfather Subscriptions - please send your comments to [email protected] We have worked hard to balance the needs of Horizons customers with the needs of the business and do what we think is right to ensure Horizons over the long run.

If you like what's happening, or at least are willing to wait and see, we hope one of the new subscriptions works for you. The new billing system goes live very shortly.

We're dedicated to seeing Horizons grow and are glad you're with us.

See you in Istaria!

Thank you,

Horizons Development Team
    Last edited by Istaria CS; August 30th, 2007 at 10:34 PM. Reason: New Grandfather subscription block

Default Re: The New Subscription Model

Can I get both of my accounts grandfathered?

All existing accounts have been migrated into the new billing system. As soon as we open up the new web site, you can log into any and all accounts and select what ever subscription works for you. Since the new system supports much more flexible billing and upgrades - we like to suggest you add multiple subscriptions to a single account and then submit a support ticket requesting we merge characters and plots onto your single active account.

Horizons CS
    Last edited by Istaria CS; August 29th, 2007 at 11:15 PM. Reason: More clear about many subscriptions to a single account

I have one account and 2 subs, and 2 lairs, 3 characters on chaos and 2 characters on order and LOTS of characters on Blight. I want to pay to maintain all these I have, which plan would work best?
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

And yes - [email protected] - really does work. (You know who you are).

Horizons CS

Hey! I had to see!

Ok, how do we get our account to be linked to plots that we already own that the EII system didn't recognize?

What information do we need to submit with our ticket?

Will Unity players get the grandfathered option too, whenever their accounts get copied?

You mentioned on the other post, the one requesting our thoughts, about military support subscriptions. Is that going to happen? and if so, which subscription level will it be? If not... let us know as well.

Thanks
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

TelShyia

So, let me get this straight then guys. I currently have 5 accounts. two that are on the 26.95 (or whatever) it is for a 3 month billing cycle. So to keep these, i will need to get 5 of the grandfather subs? And what happens AFTER the 15th of September? Will I then need to change to one of the other types? Or will I be able to keep paying the 12.95 under the "grandfather' sub payment plan?
    Telshyia

WOW!

Very bad idea, good luck on getting that 10k sub mark charging premium prices for a sub-standard game.
    Bite the Kitty!!

So, how exactly are you going to grandfather in those six month and yearly paid subscriptions that say, paid for a year before this new system goes in? All I see for a grandfathered account, is 12.95 a month.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

I find this agreeable enough. On a slightly related note, will the new billing site be compatable with Firefox or will it be much like the old/current login site and only compatable with Internet Exploader? I seem to recall having lots of issues trying when I tried signing up (and paying for) on Firefox.

How does that saying go exactly?

"You can please some people some of the time, you can please some people most of the time, but you can't please everyone all the time."

Honestly, I expected month-to-month subs to go up a buck or two and would have been surprised if they had not. From my perspective, its not a matter of whether this is a top-of-the-line-game or well polished, fresh off the shelf. The game has been stagnant for well over a year, no arguing that...but. Along with that stagnation is the fact the billing was for all practical purposes a farce and non-existent and we, the players, certainly have no idea what kind of mess was handed over to the new owners, the condition of the equipment, how much of that equipment remains and in working order.

The first thing they have got to be able to do is start getting income and at a minimum, making monthly payments for the game, rent on their offices, electric bills, etc...without any of that...the game disappears and once that happens, it will be a lot harder to ressurrect than just bringing it back from the brink of death...as has been the case these past 12-14 months.

I also saw lots of people complaining earlier that what they wanted was the ability to pay. Now guess what...it's about to happen and all anyone can do is complain.

Now I know some people are on limited budgets with little in the way of discretionary funds. I think the 'grandfathered' payment option is an excellent idea...you may or may not spend more (depending if they come up with a block arrangement) and for most of those...having the option for ala carte items is negligible.

Maybe I'm naive, gullible or overly optimistic, and some would say at forty I should know better, but I am more than willing to take a chance on these guys and the new owners. When they announce that the billing site is up and running...I'll be there grabbing a couple grandfather subs. I still have a dream of owning and building a large uber plot of my own.

That should about cover things for now.

Aaelefein
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Well... It looks like a reasonable compromise. Theres a low-rate plan for people getting started (why pay for a plot slot when you can't build one or buy one?) and a few ways to get the 'old' 12.95 rate.

Great for the player who paid by the month, they have no change. Not so great for the players who budgeted for the long term, discounted (block) plans. I'm going to see what (if any) the grandfathered block rates look like before I think about what I can and can't afford. I suggest that everyone in the same position do so as well.

I can't believe you folks would increase subscription prices for a four-year-old game that was on it's last legs. I was looking around to see if it was April 1. Horizons is deficient in many services that other titles provide, and yet you ask for more money. That is just insane.

I used to have 4 subs paid in 3-month increments. That will not be happening and it doesn't even look like it's possible, so I will probably get 1 grandfathered account and wait a bit to see what happens. That's a loss to Horizons owners of around 42 bucks a month from my end.

To me, this is a completely foolish move. If anything, the price should have been reduced to encourage more people to sign up and get hooked. I am flabbergasted. I predict you are going to wind up getting some of the loyal following to sign up at these prices, but you're not gonna get much in the way of new subs.
    Last edited by Landowyn; August 30th, 2007 at 01:36 AM. Reason: forgot something
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Quote Originally Posted by Landowyn View Post
    I can't believe you folks would increase subscription prices for a four-year-old game that was on it's last legs. I was looking around to see if it was April 1. Horizons is deficient in many services that other titles provide, and yet you ask for more money. That is just insane.

I used to have 4 subs paid in 3-month increments. That will not be happening and it doesn't even look like it's possible, so I will probably get 1 grandfathered account and wait a bit to see what happens. That's a loss to Horizons owners of around 42 bucks a month from my end.

To me, this is a completely foolish move. If anything, the price should have been reduced to encourage more people to sign up and get hooked. I am flabbergasted.
    Agreed

It just seems like smart business to lower the price and gain new subs VS. an increase in price with a lower chance of gaining subs and a greater chance at running folks off.
    Bite the Kitty!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Agreed

It just seems like smart business to lower the price and gain new subs VS. an increase in price with a lower chance of gaining subs and a greater chance at running folks off.
    *ouch Paladin* That bite hurt! *ermm , bite the kitty that is!

I am still trying to figure out which system to go with, am waiting for a response to my post, but, I am returning. Hubby says its worth it to keep me happy. If I can keep both my plots, with dual login, for my two accounts to be merged, at the grandfathered rate, I am definately staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    *ouch Paladin* That bite hurt!

I am still trying to figure out which system to go with, am waiting for a response to my post, but, I am returning. Hubby says its worth it to keep me happy. If I can keep both my plots, with dual login, for my two accounts to be merged, at the grandfathered rate, I am definately staying.
    It's a love bite Peaches, you know that.
    Bite the Kitty!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Well... It looks like a reasonable compromise. Theres a low-rate plan for people getting started (why pay for a plot slot when you can't build one or buy one?) and a few ways to get the 'old' 12.95 rate.

Great for the player who paid by the month, they have no change. Not so great for the players who budgeted for the long term, discounted (block) plans. I'm going to see what (if any) the grandfathered block rates look like before I think about what I can and can't afford. I suggest that everyone in the same position do so as well.
    This doesn't look like a comprimise at all, nothing reasonable or anything.

You're just being told sell your plots if you're not willing to pay $x extra. Maybe I'm looking at everything a little different, yes they are at the helm, they are the decision makers and I'm the person whois going to lose what I've been building up after i have moved over from Unity.
    I lost everything I had on Unity, then still stayed loyal to the game because I absolutle love to play this game, got a lair on Grayling which Beala fixed in a week. I was like wow after having had GN customer support.

Then the game was sold to PMI/EII which is equal to GN, yet I still stayed around and even invited my girlfriend, my current fiancee, to come play and she got hooked on the game too. They absolutly didn't do anything.

I know you guys aren't like this and will work for this money but that isn't even the issue here. The issue here is that we're not even being given any choice, being put with our backs against the walls, as in having to give up what we have been working so **** hard for.

I don't like getting my feet wet. I'm Dutch, we have huge windmills everywhere to keep our country dry and when people come in and are telling me they want to get my feet wet I'm getting warey. 2/3rd of our country was won from the ocean so we can walk around with comfortably dry feet every day.

I don't get why everybody here is posting they all find this new billing system so great as it's only costing you more. I haven't gotten anything for over a year, this isn't your fault but for me that's reason enough to get insulted when a new company goes for my wallet when they come in and then directly want to change the billing and the amount of money they get from their loyal customers.

Thread Information