Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Subscription Model

Default Re: The New Subscription Model

I think you need to say how many Imperial Consigners are currently in game so people understand how the consignment slot process works.. this is my understanding..

10 consignment slots per Consigner..

IF there are 20 imperial consigners in the game, everyone gets 200 consignment slots in total.. this means you can have 200 items dumped on ONE consigner, or 100 on 2 different ones, or in fact you can have 10 items on 20 consigners.. You ARE NOT LIMITED TO 10 SLOTS!!!

The options sound pretty good to me, although it would be nice to see a slight discount for 6 or 12 month subscriptions, after all if I have the money in a savings account I could earn 6% interest.. so could you...
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post

is it just me or I see no reason to shell out money in advance without a corresponding discount on the total fee?

actually gifted is $14.95 a month so by paying for 6 months in advance you save $2 a month. It just doesn't save you any more to give them a year up front.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    What if I had 2 plots and 2 accounts on Unity and want to keep 2 plots and 2 concurrent logins here?

All of this, assuming (well, actually begging on knees) that we'll have a chance to live again.
    My hopes are with you on that, Vahrokh.

As far as your accounts go, for us it's always been one plot per subscription. We could have multiple subscriptions on a single account if we wanted more than one plot. I had five subscriptions on my account, could own five plots or lairs, and had 50 consigner slots per Imperial connie. Since there are (IIRC) ten Imperial connies, all my characters would share a total of 500 consigner slots. BTW, if those were Gifted subscriptions, that would be 750 connie slots.

If you want two plots and two concurrent logins, you would need one account and two Grandfather or Gifted subscriptions.

It would be great to be able to add plots without buying another subscription, but, really, plot ownership is one of the biggest subscription incentives the game has. Of course I'd like to pay less to own multiple plots, but as the saying goes, There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

The imperial connies are in the towns, correct? What about connies on our plots, or guild connies>

Player-owned connies have (I think) 20 slots per active subscription, plus an additional 10 slots for the specific character who owns the plot. Those slots are unique to each individual consigner, not global, but you get the same number at any player-owned connie you can access.

Edit: Correction per the 5-3-06 Blight patch notes: Owners of private consigners can now list double the normal maximum rather than just 10 additional items.

I think the "normal maximum" is greater than 10, but I have not found a reference for that.
    Last edited by LaughingOtter; August 30th, 2007 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Addendum
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Player-owned connies have (I think) 20 slots per active subscription, plus an additional 10 slots for the specific character who owns the plot.
    LO, that seemed mostly, but not quite completely right to me, partly because of what I was vaguely remembering about the consigners in lairs. I looked up the post since my notes are (still) packed.

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman View Post
    Here is a quick description of the Dragon Lair chambers' functions:

Consignment:
    T1 17.5% surcharge 10 items
    T2 15.0% surcharge 10 items
    T3 12.5% surcharge 20 items
    T4 10.0% surcharge 20 items
    T5 07.5% surcharge 30 items
    T6 05.0% surcharge 30 items
    I don't know if that's changed since it was posted, but player consigner limits are based on the tier of the consigner, then multiplied by how many accounts you have. (And doubled, if you own the consigner.)

I too feel in agreement wiht some posters.

I feel the grandfather time in should be extended from 17 days to 2-3 months. This gives everyone, even those on the far reaches of internetdom, time to decide wether we want to continue to support the game based on the pace and direction that is communicated to us by *THAT* time, not just within what's happening in the next two weeks.

I feel that if you're paying for more than one month at a time - you need ot have a discount. Right now there is no reason for me to get a gifted six months block over a gifted month to month that renews itself - I save NO money. That makes NO sense and is not in keeping wwth EVERY OTHER games (including this one in the past) idea that by buying multiple months you save a bit of money.

It would make more sense for the gifted-grandfather-mont to month to be 12.95 and the "gifted block" six months to then go DOWN from 12.95.

That would get money commitments up for people who like to sub multiple months (my normal sub is usually in three month blocks, which isn't even an option here) so you get your funding ahead of time, while giving those people the discount every other game gives them normally for doing so.

AND:

In the hopes that direct questions will get exact answers:

If I sub now at the 12.95 grandfather'd gifted rate through say December, and then switch to a gifted block - is it still 12.95 a month (assuming it doens't get reduced like it should...). Or do I have to sub the six month block before sept. 17th to lock in that price??
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I like the Gifted and Grandfather subscriptions. I just hope I am eligible for the Grandfather one though.

I like what you have come up with so far!

well id probably take either GRANDFATHER SUBSCRIPTION or GIFTED SUBSCRIPTION but first id like a server that has my dragon on it

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Right now there is no reason for me to get a gifted six months block over a gifted month to month that renews itself - I save NO money.
    Frith, Gifted monthly is $14.95. Gifted blocks are $12.95 per month. You save $2.00 a month.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

None of this bothers me, I generally sign up for 1 year subs anyway and the price doesn't bother me. If we don't give them money, they can't develop.

I see the point of the 6 month, it's $2 a month cheaper. However, I don't understand the point of the 12 month. Seems to me there's no real advantage to do it, for the player base. Hopefully there's something "special" in the "appreciation" your going to show.

For all of the 8.95 people, I feel your pain. At the same time, I want them to have the cash flow. It's a hard decision, good luck.

Right now my blocks are $10.95 so that would still be +$2 x7 = $14 per month extra.

The reason why I'm so upset with this is that I have first gone throught the whole GN thing and remained playing, then went to chaos and build up what I have currently.

Now with this new billing I'm being forced to either stop playing or sell some of the plots or lairs.

I think this game is really great and this isn't a case of trusting Vitrium or not. This is about sticking around for all these years hoping something good happend and then being forced to sell something you have been working hard on. Sure having 5 plots and 2 lairs is alot but with the $10.95 it was doable also the absolute max.

A 3 buck increase a month is nothing. If y got 10 accounts maybe it's time to pipe down a bit. No one needs 10 plots. Or 5 for that matter...

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium View Post
    A 3 buck increase a month is nothing. If y got 10 accounts maybe it's time to pipe down a bit. No one needs 10 plots. Or 5 for that matter...
    And who are you to decide this? I had five plots, mainly cuz I love building. Yes, I cut down but not because of the prices, cuz I am getting the grandfathered for two accounts, per hubbys request. Now, If I wanted to, I could have that many, if I pushed it with him but I wont. Meanwhile, need is determined by the buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium View Post
    Who do you think you are to tell me I don't need that many plots!!!

My fiancee and I love to build, both biped construction schools and lairshaping, we already sold a lair and a plot because it had gotten too many.

You might not want that many plots that's up to you but keep others in respect and don't decide for them.

Neither can you decide a 3 buck increase is nothing. I think it's extremly rude what you are doing here.

3 bucks per month is 3 times 12 per year, that's what you should think about.

I want to keep the decisions for myself and at this point this game being still in beta it sure isn't worth $14.95 a month. Maybe next year when more has been done. Sad thing would be by then that I would have lost all my property

I think what shula meant was just that if you dont wanna pay that much its still a simple answer consolidate and have less accounts. Him saying its a matter of "need" well perhaps it was poor wording or simply that he doesnt think anyone should require that many. though it came off wrong I hope he meant well. I personally dont have enough stuff to ffill 10 plots even if I wanted a lot of machines and I've been playinga great long time, but to each their own I spose. before this all gets off topic, my point is Vi took a chance. We were given plenty of options to make it as painless as possible.

Perfect no, but who/what is? I love my old discounted subscription rates, I do, but I understand why they more than likely wont be carried on.

Better to charge more and try to make the game work than let people play a game that is slowly withering from lack of funds until they pull the plug. maybe I went to the other extreme, but if that is the case...I really dont wanna hear they need a min sub to survive it would be demoralizing and many would flee the sinking ship.

As a long time vet I ask as many of you as possible to bear with them. You dont owe me any favors, but it cant hurt to ask.

Then again I'm a pragmatic individual. This plan appeals to that side of me. I said it before I'll say it again....everything has a price.

I'm prepared to pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke View Post
    Sad thing would be by then that I would have lost all my property
    Well, if you feel your properties aren't worth another $2.00 a month, so be it.

If you'd prefer to lose all seven rather than sell one and keep six, so be it.

Those decisions are yours to make. Whatever your choice is, I hope you'll still think it's was the right one a year from now.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

We have updated the original post. Quick summary of changes:

Added special promotion for Grandfather Subscriptions.
    Added notes about Gifted 6 Month Subscription being a promotion.
    Changed consignment slots to be a global limit.
    Updated the email address

We hope for those out there that had issues with the Gifted Subscription pricing, the new Grandfather pricing is a good compromise. We have done our best to reach what we think is a reasonable middle ground.

Thank you,

Horizons CS

You might want to correct the wording in the Ala Carte options too to reflect the rewording of the Consignment options above it:

A La Carte Upgrades
    5 extra characters: $5/month
    10 consignment slots: $5/month

Would read '100 Global Consignment Slots: $5/month' to be consitant with the rest.

Just an FYI

So, if I want one 12 month grandfather, and one 12 month "gifted" block, and I want them merged so I can log any of my 2 characters in at the same time under the same email... does that mean I can't because 1 account would allow me to "A La Carte" but one would not, and they are under the same email account...

in other words, can you have a dual account, one of each, and still do A La Carte and get "2" extra player slots and the 75 extra Consignment slots?
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information