Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Subscription Model

Default Re: The New Subscription Model

I am happy to pay the money to help get this game up and running. I just hope you put it all in place soon and make sure that none of the billing is going to EI anymore- they don't deserve any of it.

The 6 month gifted sub looks good. Very interested to see what the "something special" is....

Ok, I have seen this asked but no reply so I will ask again. What will happen to the Military accounts? More characters do not matter much it’s the plots and connies. How do I know I will not be locked out or my plots go to the recycle? I am unable to play thanks to the internet where I am, but keep paying to make sure my accounts are not lost. I do not see any benefits for a one Main player, I have an alt but I stuff him in a silo and use his plot as my over flow storage. I will buy in bulk but I do not see a reason to do so, the price is the same? Please let me know you have my email

For those of us that have been here for a few days, give it some time and lets see what happens, it can not get worse than the last year we went though. I said it once will say it again. We can rebuild it since we were the ones who made it in the first place. Get the word out the sun is rising in HZ lets us hope it is a lasting one
    Roguar the Zerker
    Drinker of Ale
    Order, Scoin
    why can i not sell hoard to a PB?

looks pretty fine all this
    Just waiting some news concerning Unity.
    Once back on track, I'm in

I have a question about the block subs both the 6 month and 12 month. Now both of these subs are on auto renewal. Basically I want to know if the system you have in place will consider a sub active for prepaid time even if it was canceled.

example: Purchase a 6 month sub (with a plot attached to it) wait a few days/weeks/months and cancel that sub. Would the system still see it as a fully payed sub (plot still attached to it) for the remainder of the 6 month even it was "canceled"?

I know how it works in pretty much every other mmorpg but I want to make sure and I am pretty sure it wasn't brought up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisty View Post
    I have a question about the block subs both the 6 month and 12 month. Now both of these subs are on auto renewal. Basically I want to know if the system you have in place will consider a sub active for prepaid time even if it was canceled.

example: Purchase a 6 month sub (with a plot attached to it) wait a few days/weeks/months and cancel that sub. Would the system still see it as a fully payed sub (plot still attached to it) for the remainder of the 6 month even it was "canceled"?

I know how it works in pretty much every other mmorpg but I want to make sure and I am pretty sure it wasn't brought up yet.
    If you paid your cash for a 6 month time.. so long as you don't dispute the charges and get cash back for it.. you should have access for the remainder of the paid time.. but after the last second of that last day on your 6 month sub is out, tis the chopping block for the plot. Least tis how it should be.. since you are Pre-Paying, not paying after the fact...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Does the consigner slot thing count on the beginner islands aswell?
    I Strongly sugest to exclude them.
    New players will be slapped in the face with this system
    Greetings and happy gamin'
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Looks magnificient. I would like to have considered that I am paying something like $107 a year. Thats a big discount. I'm ok with paying the full amount. I have no reason to grandfather in because I'll be paying by the year so I'll likely get 2 gifted accounts for 12 months. Unless of course grandfathered accoutns get either

A) a block discount rate
    B) I can use my old billing for my account and get a new one at new rates.

Yes this game might not be as develeoped as WoW etc. Yes the price may seem high to some folks....this is gonna come off rude and I might get modded... you really have two options. Stay and support the game you love...or go, and be missed. Either way...whining wont help much. They did listen they didnt offer uber plots for ancient subscriptions, they didnt allow people to buy success in items, exp, etc. Perhaps those were'nt what some individuals wanted, but they were voiced and they were heard.

I may sound like a blind supporter, but I'm not. I'll be happy to tell people they screwed up also.

Been playing for four years...everything has a price, especially progress.

The only bit I'm confused about (okay, actually TWO bits I'm confused about) is I came back to gaming before the billing, but I haven't been around for ages and my old account is gone as it was pre-Unity. So, which one do I qualify for.

Secondly - the plots; are they included pricewise into the whole or do I also have to pay for a plot ingame? I'm a bit hazy on that.

Otherwise, I've no issue supporting the game, as that's really what it's about at this point. Everyone's been playing for free for nearly a year now and it's expected some are going to shove off when they realise they have to start ponying up. Since there's already been updates and changes (anyone noticed spell effects have changed? And that some spells actually WORK now as a few were broken or on a rather nasty delay?) I'm willing to put some coin into the pot.

As the bloke said - either pony up and pay, or don't and farewell to you. There's no way everyone's going to agree and there's no point in trying. You pays your money, you takes your chances, or you say so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    We are working with EI to transition the previous account information over to the new billing system. For now, if you had a previous paying account, it is comped an indefinite period of time.

Horizons CS
    So, that means I won't have to worry about the yearly or six months subscriptions until they come up for the normal renewal time?

Justa... pass me some of those advil would you? And... a really really strong triple shot espresso.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Well... It looks like a reasonable compromise. Theres a low-rate plan for people getting started (why pay for a plot slot when you can't build one or buy one?) and a few ways to get the 'old' 12.95 rate.

Great for the player who paid by the month, they have no change. Not so great for the players who budgeted for the long term, discounted (block) plans. I'm going to see what (if any) the grandfathered block rates look like before I think about what I can and can't afford. I suggest that everyone in the same position do so as well.
    This doesn't look like a comprimise at all, nothing reasonable or anything.

You're just being told sell your plots if you're not willing to pay $x extra. Maybe I'm looking at everything a little different, yes they are at the helm, they are the decision makers and I'm the person whois going to lose what I've been building up after i have moved over from Unity.
    I lost everything I had on Unity, then still stayed loyal to the game because I absolutle love to play this game, got a lair on Grayling which Beala fixed in a week. I was like wow after having had GN customer support.

Then the game was sold to PMI/EII which is equal to GN, yet I still stayed around and even invited my girlfriend, my current fiancee, to come play and she got hooked on the game too. They absolutly didn't do anything.

I know you guys aren't like this and will work for this money but that isn't even the issue here. The issue here is that we're not even being given any choice, being put with our backs against the walls, as in having to give up what we have been working so **** hard for.

I don't like getting my feet wet. I'm Dutch, we have huge windmills everywhere to keep our country dry and when people come in and are telling me they want to get my feet wet I'm getting warey. 2/3rd of our country was won from the ocean so we can walk around with comfortably dry feet every day.

I don't get why everybody here is posting they all find this new billing system so great as it's only costing you more. I haven't gotten anything for over a year, this isn't your fault but for me that's reason enough to get insulted when a new company goes for my wallet when they come in and then directly want to change the billing and the amount of money they get from their loyal customers.

Asked but not answered, so trying again:

Unity-players that are waiting for Unity (or their characters and plots) to resurface: I don't see this happening before the current possibility to grandfather in old accounts gets closed. Which means this group of your players do not get any chance to make use of this possibility: their old accounts are laying on some dusty shelf somewhere, they can't reach them, and they can't make new accounts for a not-yet-existing US-Unity either.

Will, whenever these accounts get to live once more, the possibility for grandfathering get re-opened for a while for these players too?
    Or can these players for instance get themselves on a list at Virtrium nów, in this grandfathering-period (to have rights to grandfathering, whenever Unity dóes get resolved, if their names are on that list) ?

omg- I read it twice- and do not quite understand.

My English is not that bad, and I wonder how others, not so used
    in reading a foreign language,will come zu grips with that.

Anyway- I`ll try again-and ask for help if necessary.

I don't know if i dont saw it, but what are the payment options? Credit card only??? And wil there also be a option to pay in Euro?
    Last edited by Takora Drakan; August 30th, 2007 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Typo Monster

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Payment options is what i am interested in seeing also. Would definitly like to see other options besides a credit card. With the 6 month sub, there won't really be any difference in price, and if they do blocks in the grandfather option, they will be cheaper still. This is ok for me. One last question that is kinda related. Once billing gets online, how long are we gonna have to wait for you to relcaim plots from inactive accounts? Especially since a plot/lair is a big issue on the billing thing. It doesn't do us any good to pay the extra amount for plots if the majority of lairs are owned by accounts that are not active anymore. Its the same with a good bit of the nice Big plots also.
    Laneth Drethor
    Semper Fidelis (Chaos)
    100 Paladin
    100 Mason/100 Blacksmith (and various others)
    "Eleena the Fiesty's Pali Pet"

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    We are working with EI to transition the previous account information over to the new billing system. For now, if you had a previous paying account, it is comped an indefinite period of time.

Horizons CS
    Then why did I have to call PbT yesterday morning to cancel a payment that went to EII? This was taken from my account on the 28th (2 days ago). The lady that helped me stated "I will cancel your account and a refund will be sent to your card." I hope this doesn't mean that I cannot play until I sign up with you. I was able to play last night, but checking my account this morning I do not see a credit yet so maybe it has not taken place. I just don't want EII to get my money any more and am confused as to how they did in the first place if they no longer own the game. I realise that some are going to post because they are crooks and thieves but that does not really explain why this payment went through at the normal time it has in the past if Vi and EII are working together to get accounts transitioned over.

Also I want to make sure I understand what I am going to purchase. I currently have 1 account with 4 subs or keys, I think. I think I remember that I could puchase new keys under 1 account and each of those keys allowed for owning a plot and up to 5 more characters. Well the husband and one of the kids doesn't play any more so I think I would purchase 1 account with 2 keys or subs? One for me and one for the other kid? So if I did the grandfather subscription, it would be $12.95 x 2 per month or a block if I decided to go that route. Please let me know if I am understanding this correctly.
    Last edited by cgacfox; August 30th, 2007 at 12:49 PM.

@Galilee

Could you please explain your post more? I understood basically zero about this "grandfathering", my English is poorer than my Lunus patience ;P but when I read about Unity my antennae turn up and I'd like to learn about it more.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I, for one, am waiting to see what the Grandfathered block rate will be. My wife and I got in while they were on sale and were paying $8.95 a month for the 6 month blocks. I would consider it at that price point, otherwise I would have to say I think I'll hold out until a Full patch or two went out that included story content to see what we should be expecting. Trickling out fixes is a good start, but it's not really something that will hold people long term. I'm not being a nay sayer, but honestly I don't think we will get enough time to be worth two full priced subscriptions for the next few months due to a real live move.

I know that Vit's plan is to increase revenue to generate more jobs to improve the game, but perhaps you would consider the grandfathered accounts perhaps as something that could be used to thank the folks who have hung around for the many, many incarnations of HZ. It would provide you a core group of players that go out of their way to make new people feel welcome and integrated into the world.

It IS limited time only and renewable. If your intent is to GROW the population , and Lord and Lady KNOW we need that, new people wouldn't be included in the grandfathering. Your income would grow from a regular base there and on at the new pricing structure. Eyes should be towards the future, because our current pops probably aren't going to be able to sustain the game for too long considering attrition and competition.

-HratLi's Player Tyme

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Folks, the grandafther rate doesnt mean it applies till that date and then you need pay more, it means you have the choice to sign up at that rate until that date, then the choice is gone. In other words, old players who want to keep spending 12.95 a month indefinitely, can do so, they just have to be signed upon that plan before date X, whatever it is/will be. The only thing going away is the discount plan at that rate (which was what, 9.95 a month? 8.95?) They can't afford a discount anymore, the 'sale' is over. Heck, HZ likely couldnt have afforded it before which could have been half the issue to begin with (compiled with every other issue :P)

By the way, what if I want to have 2 concurrent logins but < 5 characters (I am fine with the 3-4 I have), isn't there a "+ XX dollars / mo" for that option too that does not involve getting 2 accounts?

Honestly, I expected month-to-month subs to go up a buck or two and would have been surprised if they had not. From my perspective, its not a matter of whether this is a top-of-the-line-game or well polished, fresh off the shelf. The game has been stagnant for well over a year, no arguing that...but. Along with that stagnation is the fact the billing was for all practical purposes a farce and non-existent and we
    Honestly, I have not seen a lot of players hotly complain that they were playing free of charge for months as well. Why do they complain now? (rethoric question).

Edit: about

GIFTED SUBSCRIPTION BLOCK RENEWAL
    6 Month Gifted Subscription - Automatic Renewal - $77.70 (6 months at $12.95/month)
    12 Month Gifted Subscription - Automatic Renewal - $155.40 (12 months at $12.95/month)
    is it just me or I see no reason to shell out money in advance without a corresponding discount on the total fee?

peaches, We have a merged account already...
    All of this is so confusing for "foreign" players, in EU it was "1 sub 1 plot 1 email address" period. No "accounts" with sub-options.
    Want 2? You buy another and so you have 2 subs 2 plots 2 email addresses (which sucks btw).

What if I had 2 plots and 2 accounts on Unity and want to keep 2 plots and 2 concurrent logins here?

All of this, assuming (well, actually begging on knees) that we'll have a chance to live again.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

@Galilee

Could you please explain your post more? I understood basically zero about this "grandfathering", my English is poorer than my Lunus patience ;P but when I read about Unity my antennae turn up and I'd like to learn about it more.
    Hmm, sorry if I was unclear on this... let me try again.

You have until 15 sept to choose for grandfathering your formerly existing account(s).
    Ok.. now how do you plan to *do* that, before that date (after that date this chance is gone), as Unity player waiting for Unity to emerge? With at *this* time vanished Unity plus vanished Unity-accounts?

You can't make any new account (nów) and see your also vanished Unity-characters in it (as you also can't tell the subscribing-/billing-program that you are making an account, or a subscription for an account, on/for Unity at this time).

Conclusion: really good to see that others can grandfather their accounts/subs... but we from Unity simply can nót do that at this time; we have to first wait until they resurrect Unity, and/or our characters, our plots, and our accounts... (or if new accounts need made, we will have to wait till Virtrium makes these new accounts for us in which we *will* find our Unity-characters and db-entries back).
    And by that time, 15 september will have come and gone, leaving us, after that when our chars/db/accounts dó emerge from the void, no choice anymore for this option.
    This is what I meant to say; hope this is clearer now, and sorry it wasn't before.

Thread Information