Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The New Subscription Model

Default Re: The New Subscription Model

Thanks JDexter - fixed.

Justa Mirage: Once you merge all your characters onto a single account, you could have one Grandfather Subscription and one Gifted Subscription - with A La Carte options. The subscriptions would stack, so you would have 12 character slots, two plots, etc. You could also ad A La Carte options which would take effect if the Gifted Subscription was active.

Horizons CS

Dear Horizons CS, could you please tell if you have any plan about us exiled in the cold (read Unity players)? I have made a thread / questionnaire and most (including me) would even be fine to just be imported into i.e. Chaos off the backup GN gave to EI (I think), even if outdated by some months.

I know it's probably hard (I have no problem paying for the "import fee" if any) but I'd like to know if I have to haunt these forums for more months in hope or just give up and return playing WoW (sigh). For many reasons I can't start from scratch on Chaos again.

And I am not alone in this situation. Actually, quite the opposite.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Say you have 1 gifted 1 year sub and 1 grandfather 1 year sub (which doesn't renew). What happens to the grandfather sub at the end of the year - can you convert it?

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    6 Month Gifted Subscription - Automatic Renewal - $77.70 (6 months at $12.95/month) (Short Term Promotion - After Plot Reclamation starts, will revert to $83.70)
    You mentioned it, so I'll ask here... what's the planned timeline for plot reclamation?
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

Quote Originally Posted by Vermithraxx View Post
    You mentioned it, so I'll ask here... what's the planned timeline for plot reclamation?
    The paint on the billing system is not even dry...

Here's the plan - we want to figure out a technical solution for Unity players (like Vahrokh and other Unity Players) so they can migrate over to Order or Chaos. We spent some time looking at the problem before tackling billing, but there's work involved and problems we need to figure out. Once we know one way or another (read: we really want to get those character moved over but technical issues have to be dealt with), we'll begin Plot Reclamation.

Horizons CS

...it's no more rude than claiming it is an insult to you that they implement a needed subscription fee increase...

If u have six accounts, then kill one of them and keep building, for no added cost. But don't accuse the new owners, who are refusing to give up on a game that under normal circumstances should have folded years ago if not for the love poured into it, of being the bad guys here, for doing this; THAT is rude...

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke View Post
    Who do you think you are to tell me I don't need that many plots!!!

My fiancee and I love to build, both biped construction schools and lairshaping, we already sold a lair and a plot because it had gotten too many.

You might not want that many plots that's up to you but keep others in respect and don't decide for them.

Neither can you decide a 3 buck increase is nothing. I think it's extremly rude what you are doing here.

3 bucks per month is 3 times 12 per year, that's what you should think about.

I want to keep the decisions for myself and at this point this game being still in beta it sure isn't worth $14.95 a month. Maybe next year when more has been done. Sad thing would be by then that I would have lost all my property

GRANDFATHER SUBSCRIPTION
    Temporarily available for current players of Horizons.
    If allowed to expire, can not be renewed.
    Can not use A La Carte Upgrades.

Monthly Automatic Renewal - $12.95
    1 Plot or Lair
    75 Global Consignment Slots
    5 Character Slots
    1 Concurrent Login

6 Month Grandfather Subscription - One Time Special - No Renewal - $65.70 (6 months at $10.95/month)
    12 Month Grandfather Subscription - One Time Special - No Renewal - $119.40 (12 months at $9.95/month)
    If the block subscriptions don't renew, does this mean they expire at the end of the year and we'd have to go to a gifted sub? Or would they drop down to a monthly grandfather sub?

GIFTED SUBSCRIPTION
    Players who decide Horizons is their game.
    If Horizons wasn't my game, I wouldn't have been continually paying for it since AE was in charge.

Future A La Carte Upgrades
    Vault / Silo Upgrades: We're investigating but not likely to happen
    XML Character dump: We're investigating - may or may not happen
    Personal Consigner Listing on Website: We're investigating - may or may not happen
    Special Plots: Very not likely to happen
    Personal Dock (Duck): We're investigating
    A la carte plot/lair additions still aren't mentioned. If the answer is "no, that will never be an option" please post that.

GRANDFATHER SUBSCRIPTION

1 Plot or Lair
    5 Character Slots
    1 Concurrent Login

6 Month Grandfather Subscription - One Time Special - No Renewal - $65.70 (6 months at $10.95/month)
    12 Month Grandfather Subscription - One Time Special - No Renewal - $119.40 (12 months at $9.95/month)
    Hmmm. That seems pretty fair.

The paint on the billing system is not even dry...

Here's the plan - we want to figure out a technical solution for Unity players (like Vahrokh and other Unity Players) so they can migrate over to Order or Chaos. We spent some time looking at the problem before tackling billing, but there's work involved and problems we need to figure out. Once we know one way or another (read: we really want to get those character moved over but technical issues have to be dealt with), we'll begin Plot Reclamation.

Horizons CS
    I like to plan ahead!

So, since there are no lairs to BE bought on Chaos, the Basic Subscription @ $9.95 is the only logical choice.

Check me on this... Basic Subscription is planned as a permanent option and not a short-term promo?

Also, I have a second account on Order shard, but I play on Chaos. Any chance of getting that account transferred and activated to Chaos, or just count it as cancelled?
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

GRANDFATHER SUBSCRIPTION

1 Plot or Lair
    5 Character Slots
    1 Concurrent Login

Horizons Development Team
    Everything looks great but i have a big question that i need to get cleared up on the grandfather acct. you have the new 6 mo and 12 mo reduced rates with no renewal but after that period are we going to be able to renew the grandfather at $12.95 for a 6 mo or 12 mo term or will we lose grandfather acct all together. i have heard more then one way and would like this cleared up please.

Ann

I'm afraid I really need to push this question again. I cannot resubscribe until I know what you're planning. Not many folks would hand over money for something when they don't know what they are buying, and my husband and I are included in that.

We would like to renew, but need to know what the "military plan" would entail. While I'm sure many folks would be saying "hey, your getting something for free, so be happy with whatever happens to you", I do really need to know if we will be having one random plot or lair ripped from us and loose it and everything on it, or if we will be allowed to keep what we have done.

As I am seeing it, you have two ways of doing it. 1, make the military sub a basic and force all current military members to loose one of their plots or lairs (likely which one would remain unknown untill they see it gone) and a couple random characters (with of course everything on it & them, and with no plots/lairs on ala carte, there would be no chance for rescue.), or 2, allow the military sub to stay as it is now, which would be equivialant to about a grandfathered sub.

I do see the issues that can raise forth, so may I offer an idea? Make the military sub an "of equal or lesser value" thing. If a current player wants to sign up for only basic, he/she knows they would loose their plot & characters. They choose that when they choose basic. If they are military, the military sub would also be basic, so to match. (Since I am guessing most people who would choose this option are more the kind with 1 or 2 strong characters who do little crafting, but likely love to hunt. *SoG is in therapy in the mental ward due to multiple death trama from them, and they bring doggie treats to good ole Faffy. :P*) This would also mean a player, new or old, could not abuse the military thing and get a "free plot" while only paying for a basic.

On the flip side, if a player wishes to continue to play as they have been, they sign up for grandfather or gifted, then the military sub remains as it has been. For the sake of buisness, I'd say make the military sub equivialant to a grandfathered sub, but no higher (This means no loss of ground for the current military player. No punishment for being military, but no extra boons more than what they already have). This should encourage the player to make the paying sub higher (Gifted) if they want the bonus stuff and/or ala carte stuff (since the military sub can't be any higher than that second step).

100/100/100 Ancient Dragon of Chaos
    ~The Ancients~

I've seen the question about the Grandfathered Block option asked twice so for those of you who asked...

If you have an existing plot or more than one plot - but want to keep both feet on the dock, we'd like to suggest the Grandfather Subscription. You can lock in at the old monthly pricing or purchase a block of time at the old block price. Block purchases for Grandfather Subscriptions are a one time, special deal. They do not renew and after the block expires, you will need to select one of the Gifted Subscription with A La Carte options. This subscription has all the features of the old billing system and will be available until September 15, 2007. Please note that this subscription can not be used with the A La Carte upgrade system.
    This is from the top of first page after the Grandfather Block Subscription choice was added. I underlined and Bolded the part that answers that question.

Like the majority of gamers in the world, I play a couple mmo's and offline games as well. I guess the logical approach is that I have to judge this game by what I get for $13-15 a month the way I do any other.

I would have thought there could be a situation, given the uniqueness and small community of Horizons, where 2 logins on one account could be standard at $15 a month.

Good luck pulling in that big playerbase... A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, and I honestly don't see how much new content can be added to this game. If your idea of new content remains along the lines of more epic bosses to privatize to keep everyone from getting the weapons then I rest my case.

In any case I would have rather gotten a better deal on an account than fixes and content added faster. But that wasn't an option for the players to choose, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos View Post
    I would have thought there could be a situation, given the uniqueness and small community of Horizons, where 2 logins on one account could be standard at $15 a month.
    To my knowledge, multiple subs on the same account have never been 2 for the price of 1, or even discounted. Why demand this now when they are trying to increase revenues?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke View Post
    This doesn't look like a comprimise at all, nothing reasonable or anything.
    What do you want?
    Seriously. (Sorry Hal!)

Vi has come forth with an offering for an auto-renewing grandfather subscription at $12.95/mo which is exactly the same as the 'old' subscription. They are now offering a one-time grandfather block subscription for 6 and 12 months at the 'old' discounted prices. That is the same as what you'd be getting under the old system. Sounds like they're making an effort to please their customers.

Yeah, it is only a year at the most, but that is plenty of time for you to decide whether or not you want to keep paying those subs, or shed some plots. Hint: you can recover 80% of your work.

Vahrokh said:
    I have made a thread / questionnaire and most (including me) would even be fine to just be imported into i.e. Chaos off the backup GN gave to EI (I think), even if outdated by some months.
    Vah, I read your last post as 'the majority is okay with going to Chaos/Order whatever' (implying: so even if it is just their character). You may not have meant it like that; but it does rather read like that, at least for me.

While doing a very quick count (might be off one somewhere, but no more) tells:
    Out of the players reacting, 20% allready play on order or chaos so of course don't mind playing there. Of the remaining group outside of that (so those that answered to this poll that have no shard to play on currently, so really have to move to sómewhere to be able to play again):
    - a bit under 25% doesn't mind if even just their character(s) get moved over to chaos or order;
    - another close to 10% needs at least their novians to be on them;
    - and around 65% either only want to move to an own shard and community (though I think that making a Unity-island could alleviate a lot of the fears and/or could meet most of the minimum-needs within this group), or at the most only want to move to chaos/order if a Unity-island is made on those shards, so the community starts out together and, maybe even more importantly, so their plots and lairs get moved over *along with them*. This is no small percentage.

So I really hope Virtrium can and will do more then only resurrect the characters from unity-db onto chaos and/or order, however wonderful that in itself might allready be for a smallish number of Unity-players (first seemingly firm indication we get btw that there will nót be an own shard to go to... bad news for many. How firm is this? Certain?).

It would really be a shame to miss out on what is indicated to be a majority of those from Unity not playing now but still interested: a majority that wóuld want to get in again, just as long as the circumstances are made acceptable for them.

I am going to go out on a limb here again (risking moderation)

What is WRONG with you people here? I know what it is... but you won't admit it.

1 word... Spoiled.

Those of you who have been playing the game for free either by choice or by flawed EI billing design are now having to *cough* up some dough for the game.

Those of you that are victims of over billing or have managed to be billed by EI are angry that there isn't a discount for you.

And then... there are those of you that no matter what "billing plan" they come up with, you will argue that it's still too much because the game isn't up to par with the likes of <ahem> other MMORPGs and because other MMORPGs offer discounts for "block paying" why can't HZ?

This "I can't see giving you another red cent until you show me progress!" is an attitude that just reflects the sores of the past. Here we have Ex-developers who have banded together to get the game back on track, to start development again, and to show progress, but ****, they have only been doing this for 1 month since the sand storm. Little bits and pieces but you all are like "I want to see that you won't SCREW us like the past 3 / 5 / 7 companies that have owned this game before you."

So far, I have seen customer service respond promptly to requests and questions, I have seen delta patches making it into live, and I have seen an effort to revamp and fix the billing system so that they can continue development of a game that has been stagnant for a year under EI.

A lot of you look at this with a wary eye, and keep thinking those conspiracy theory things like (this was planned since EI took over... they will be begging for the old developers to come back, and just when all hope is lost, here they come to save the day...)

I see an effort from them to add the grandfather block price. It's 1 dollar over what I was paying for in a year. I discussed it with my wife, and both her and I said... can we have one of each, this way we can enjoy future "A la carte" items and a few extra connie / character slots, and still have one that is grandfathered for a year.

They responded in 5 minutes telling me that my 2 accounts under one email can be merged and I can pay 1 price for grandfather, and 1 price for Gifted year subs. This is only 24 dollars per account per year increase (2 dollars per account per month) vs. the 4 dollars per account per month I was going to pay, and I still get to enjoy having the options of "a la carte"

I was skeptical like you all, swaying with feelings of "4 dollars a month per account" is a big jump for this game not being "up to par" with other games I am playing. Please think about those of us who wish to pay in advance, but not at the prices they were wanting.

They put out the olive branch and offered a year sub at grandfathered prices.

To me... this shows effort, honesty, and hopefully for Unity players, soon a new renewed hope your characters will be brought back either to existing servers, or a resurrected Unity server.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

GRANDFATHER SUBSCRIPTION

1 Plot or Lair
    5 Character Slots
    1 Concurrent Login

I am happy with this. ^_^

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    (This is a separate post for a reason!)

Will Blight characters still be "freebies"? (That is, not take up a character slot.)
    Blight characters are still freebies.

Horizons CS

Excellent, what about plots on Blight? (refer to this thread)

Thread Information