Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The New Subscription Model

Default Re: The New Subscription Model

Its pretty basic here.

$2 more a month is nothing. heck I would'nt even bother with the $12.95 I would pay the $14.95 for the extra consignment slots ( the character slots aren't that useful because this is not a game for altaholics anyway). I might pay that fee if I see that vitrium is even half way competent at developing this game. For $14.95 a month I want content updates akin to what I receive in LOTRO because thats what I pay there $14.95 a month. I would be holding Vitrium to an already established bar of performance. Are they up for the task ? Cause you all may not be asking that question in your drooling over the fact that HZ has given its last 9th life . But new people coming back will. new people required in numbers to make this all worth while for vitrium and co.

I would have adopted a more aggressive pricing model and simply offered the upgrades that people have been asking for since the beginning.
    $9.95 gets you what the $12.95 gets you now. Add upgrade options to increase that base amount. Probably would have worked better in my opinion.

As it is I will wait and see because the grandfathered sub means bo diddly to me. If I am going to play again it will be at the $14.95 rate. Vitrium just have to prove they have the fuzzies to compete and perform.

its that simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos View Post
    They can increase revenues and give us more at the same time. Gaining or losing is all in the eye of the beholder. I would have paid a few bucks more for an extra login, but I am not paying for an extra account just for that. So did they gain a few bucks or lose a few bucks there?

Well, considering that they're not getting any revenue right now, and a lot of players were playing for free (not pointing fingers at anyone, everyone knows that if your credit card expired, you had maybe 1 chance in 100 of getting the accounts management working) 1 paid sub is better than 0 paid subs.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    When you grandfather something, that means you keep it as it was. Players have the option of keeping the $12.95 price for the lifetime of their subscription, or buying a block for up to a year, and they get exactly what they have been getting up to this point. They even get a substantial discount for buying a block. What they don't get are the new options.
    It isn't the same anyway; it has less consignment slots overall than what it used to have. The idea is an enticement for EXISTING accounts; new ones would still have to be one of the NEW options.

You can't have it both ways. You can choose the old subscription type or the new one with the options, and that's far more choice than most subscription-based games offer people.
    Sure we can; we can have it any way they are willing and able to give it to us (ugh, what a bad way to put it, but meh). Hell, even Guild Wars has a la carte options and upgrades out the ***, and it doesn't even use a subscription model.

As for incentives, I think a lot of vets will find getting one year at $9.95 a month is a considerable incentive, even as a one-shot deal. Others, who plan to be here for a while, will like the long-term savings of the Grandfathered monthly The 'Dalimond Buffet' is nice, but not everyone will see it as a must-have option. I certainly don't. Show me a shoulder pet or a nice emblem or a tie-dyed headscale or some funky shorts- that's what I consider an incentive!
    I don't know any vets (guildmates or friends) who wouldn't want a plot, as that is a significant part of the game for most of us. I would consider returning, but the value proposition has to be a positive one. What we have here is not, as far as I am concerned. I like a la carte systems, because I get exactly what I need and don't feel like I am wasting money (as much).
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I have tried to wade through this ever increasing thread,but so far have failed to see a answer to the Unity issue.
    Are ex-Unity players expected to buy Grandfatherd accounts in the short time they are available on FAITH that our Char`s will be worth playing again.
    I welcome what you are doing i have used both of my old accounts to start new char,s on Blight and want my old Char`s back in the game.
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    What do you want?
    Seriously. (Sorry Hal!)

Vi has come forth with an offering for an auto-renewing grandfather subscription at $12.95/mo which is exactly the same as the 'old' subscription. They are now offering a one-time grandfather block subscription for 6 and 12 months at the 'old' discounted prices. That is the same as what you'd be getting under the old system. Sounds like they're making an effort to please their customers.

Yeah, it is only a year at the most, but that is plenty of time for you to decide whether or not you want to keep paying those subs, or shed some plots. Hint: you can recover 80% of your work.
    You think that looks like a comprimise. Pay up for 12 months now and see what will happen over the next year and then I can leave or sell my plots that I have been working so hard on because I'm not willing to pay the raise in fee.

We're talking 1 customer

whois using 2 logins
    10 characters
    5 plots
    2 lairs

My fiancee and I have been working very hard with our friends to buildup the shops and get things running around Parsinia and have been spreading things out. I got a nice plot next to the Harro bind onto which I placed the needed machines.

But you're kinda telling me that at this point I can pay Vitrium $459.90 for 6 months and then go onto the gifted program or $835.80 for a year and then go over into the gifted program.

I mentioned before it's not that I don't trust their abilities, I don't want to pay more for this game. Especially because I'm one of those players who has been staying around for all that time and feel like being punished for it.

Yes Vitrium came closer with the Grandfather block option, now if they make it possible for players who kept paying through out the whole history of the game to keep their pricing. That's how you support loyal customers.

You jump onto a payment at a certain point and payup a large amount upfront like with these yearly accounts and get a nice disount in return.

Keep in mind that with these 7 accounts I have with my fiancee I have alot of stuff I'll never be using and under the gifted package it would be even more. Which in my opinion is just ridiculous. This isn't about supporting these guys this is about supporting my family that I'm building up.

Yes playing a game is luxury and I can afford this otherwise i wouldn't do it but just like Valtur mentioned before there is a certain limit to this. I haven't set a cetain amount to this though.

I think it would be wise of Vitrium to look into it how many players want to have more then 4 accounts and look into the pricing system of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke View Post
    You think that looks like a comprimise. Pay up for 1
    Keep in mind that with these 7 accounts I have with my fiancee I have alot of stuff I'll never be using and under the gifted package it would be even more.

What do you need 7 accounts for then dosnt make any sence to me no matter how you put it.

As the billing site is open, and at the risk of confusing new players (and old) who are coming looking for the most recent information, I'm going to lock this thread.

Questions regarding subscriptions and how to make billing work for you can be posted in the New Billing Site thread. Commentary on the pricing structure and costs, will be deleted from that thread, however, in order to keep the thread on topic.

Thread Information