Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dragon hall requirements lowered????

Default dragon hall requirements lowered????

Is this a bug or something? My grand hall dropped in most requirements by like 70%. I believe halls were meant to be not included in the reductions.

Max requirements are on the maelstones, flowstones and excoriations all at 100 units of each type.

Rest of the stuff is 75 and 50 units of each. If i remember correctly alot of that stuff was @ 245 units and 175 units.

Is this a major bug or what? I knew something seemed strange when my 27% completed grand hall shot to 75.5% on login.

Can i get an answer on this... cause if its meant to be as it is i think i'll finish the lairshaping on this else wait on the changes being reverted / whatever.

Default Re: dragon hall requirements lowered????

From the original announcement last week, Halls were to be excluded from the change, but the actual patch message didn't contain that wording. I wonder if they changed their mind?

That is quite a substantial reduction though, it makes you wonder.

It was quite a reduction. I only needed like 400 more violet lattices and when I logged in last night my grand hall was completed so I activated it. VERY NICE I must say!
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Well I'm curious. If this was unintentional, are you telling me no one noticed this on blight? I mean there had to be someone in the middle of a grand hall constrcution. Or did they choose to ignore it so they could get their hall done faster? Sorry, for being a bit synical.

Isn't there a T6 Hall and a T6 Grand Hall? Maybe they got the requirements switched when they were updating them?

Most likely one of the 10 to 20 perment Blight folks are not building a Grand Hall. There are not enough perment people there that own plots to check out all the building type issues. Most of the world events have to be completed by Devs after the Live shards complete them just to advance the world. Otherwise they would still be freeing the Satyrs or Dryads let alone freeing Felldon(or how ever you spell the Elf Capital)

Also there are reports of structures popping that aren't ready due to over allocation. e.g. 200 lattice completed where as 32 needed.

The percentage seems to trigger the structures completion.... i'm not sure if this was intended or what.

After something official so i can continue work on the lair structures. If changes were made to increase requirements would the chambers unpop? If so what would happen to stored items etc.

You know I wondered about that myself. I logged in last night to find my Pawn Broker chamber popped, when I know it was nowhere near done - I had IBBs done and a few others started, but I hadn't even touched the lattices yet. I was surprised to see it pop.

Sure the announcement said halls weren't included... Wouldn't take long to test on blight you just need to snag a lair jump into planning and place a grand hall to see its requirements.

If this is intentional great.. if not seems funny nobody noticed it.

What happens if it wasn't intended? We talking roll back. Update patch that restores the chamber amounts to the correct values and also unpops popped structures?

What happens to stored resources...?

Another thought is in regards to already popped chambers that might be 245 applied 100 needed now. Someone could decon those to get the 80% returned (or was it 60), then rebuild and have novians spare to complete other structures. If this is intended fine.. its kinda a reward for the work you have already done i guess but it would be nice to know this. I'm sure there are alot deconning stuff now based on this fact.

The 100% completed thing triggering a chamber pop (if this is how its done as it appears to be) is also misleading of work put in. You could technically on a t6 grand hall have done all the t2 work i.e. 245 units of each. This should get your grand hall to over 100% under the new requirements... yet you've done no t6 or t5 work.. and its a t6 structure? Surely that wasn't intended.

I'm holding back on mine incase something goes pearshaped. I'll wait on a dev comment.

I can shed some light on why no one would have noticed. I know when I'm testing on Blight, there is so much to look at (especially with this series of patches) that I'm so busy concentrating on what I know DID change that I don't think to look to see if something else might have changed. I spent time looking at how much each tier of the things that DID change were changed to see if they seemed consistent (and with what the developers intended), that I didn't look at halls at all, in other words.

Hopefully that makes sense. While I obviously can't speak to what might have happened with halls, or what might happen in the future, I can tell you that with only a few people testing, what tests are done tends to focus on the changes we know about rather than looking for ... well.... anything else.

Another thing i'll throw out there. When a structure is completed it moves out of the construction tab and into the plot info tab. Now those structures that have "popped" due to this. If lets say this wasn't intended and reversed, those that have completed t6 structures that chose to destroy them. They'd get 80% of the resources from each type that may or may not have went it. Unless completed structures resources put in are stored in the db though i would maybe doubt it.

If it is intended the structure amounts blow me away cause its way more doable perhaps too easy on some. But if its not.. it would seem maybe a nightmare to reverse without a roll back.

Structures store the number of resources put into them.
    This means:
    - If no resources were put in, none come out when the structure is deconned.

- If 100/100 t3 resources and 0/100 t4 resources went into a structure and the structure's requirement was lowered to 50 t3 and 50 t4, the structure would be 100% complete and popped.

- If the owner in the above example deconned the structure, they would get 80 t3 resources and 0 t4.

Good to see some quick action on this. However one other final question

If you applied alot of units to a t6 smelter in say maelstones, flowstones, lattice but didn't do the excoriations / pri essence etc then you still have enough percent to pop it. Are these mistakes being rectified or is it just going to remain as is?

Most likely one of the 10 to 20 perment Blight folks are not building a Grand Hall
    And it's optimistic, when I log in I hardly see more than "visible" 3 people online.

It's not like they can go and build a T6 structure overnight to check if it works.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Well, one other thing to think about too when it comes to bligth testing...

Unless my information is incorrect, owning a plot on Blight counts. Don''t know about anyone else, but I'm not about to grab a Sixth Subscription just so I can test plot structures.

I was thinking about copying my main alt over to blight just for testing plots until I was informed about how a Blight Plot Counts against my plot allowance. Well...there goes one possible tester.

Is this going to be changed in the furture? Might bring in some more testers?

Just a thought,

Aaelefein
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I thought about plot testing on Blight as well.

Found a bug in the system that actually allowed me to buy a plot on Blight, even with the subs full up on owning land.

It was reported and hopefully fixed. I'll have to go back over and try it sometime.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Sounds to me that for testing purposes Blight plot ownership should be independant from the other two servers.

I thought they said a couple weeks ago that Blight plots/characters don't count towards your account limit?

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    Sounds to me that for testing purposes Blight plot ownership should be independant from the other two servers.
    i would agree with that, and being a testing server i would think that, for the purposes of testing it might be useful if could have abilities to spawn things
    e.g stacks of building resources so can test constructing structures etc.~

i presume this isn't possible already judging from missing errors with lair structures before they went live

There would have to be something run regulary to check if plot usage isn't happening by a player on blight then release the plot/lair back so an active tester can test it. That or make certain plot areas wipe every so often. That way a select area is reset so those testing to test have the ability to buy one to test.

Thread Information