Thread: New quest indicator! (I want to talk with you bubble)

Lightbulb New quest indicator! (I want to talk with you bubble)

You know, I just realized why it is there seemed like there was an endless supply of quests in WoW yet HZ's seem so stingy. I'm not saying that the quests are really stingy, but I may not have known who has them!

WoW has an indicator that floats over NPC's heads that tells you if they have a quest for you, or if they have one for you but you aren't old enough to do it, or if you have one to turn in usually a gold or silver ! or ?.

I've noticed once that one of the first people you meet in New Tristmas does actually have a bubble over his head with elipses inside -an indicator that he would like to talk to you. I've allso noticed that if you get close to him, he will actually approach you. Why don't ALL the quest givers do that? It's not like I read, or even remember where the release notes say all the quests are so there may be tons I havent done just because I don't know who is giving them out!

Default Re: New quest indicator! (I want to talk with you bubble)

Because it was just started being used last year with the low level area revamp. AS they revamp areas they will be added.

You know, if they actually got that out, I might end up finding myself busy for a while.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

That went to live before the sale to EI. It is not in most areas yet. As the revamp moves from region to region, more of them will show up eventually.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

i must agree that quest indicators would be nice. i would also like to add that quests should indicate such things as what level it would be best to tackle them at, whether you will need a group, perhaps a map marker for "go here and do this" quests (seriously, saying "south of bristugo" when the mobs are in fact a few wingbeats west of heart is somewhat misleading)

I liked how it its, why? Because you have to go out and FIND the quests YOURSELF, not that every npc runs to you to give you quests. And its fine that you have to search for quest location, i dislike this easy gaming wow style go here and push the win button.

I was always happy when i found a new quest and it was funny even i could one hit the mobs.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    I liked how it its, why? Because you have to go out and FIND the quests YOURSELF, not that every npc runs to you to give you quests. And its fine that you have to search for quest location, i dislike this easy gaming wow style go here and push the win button.

I was always happy when i found a new quest and it was funny even i could one hit the mobs.
    I have some agreement with this and some dissagreement. The problem is, after you have played the game long enough and been everywhere enough, one tends to stop talking to anyone but the charactors that you have to deal with for training/turning in trophies/buying things from. I may talk to a new charactor I've not noticed noticed before, especially if they are in a strange location but will probably never usally talk to old charactors ever again. Even when I start a new charactor, I end up forgetting about the quest itself or forgetting where I got quests on my old charactor. Also when the devs add new quests they are never known about unless you read the relase notes carefully.

I too like the adventure of finding new quests, but I would prefer to experience this feeling of adventure through bumping into a charactor in an odd hidden location, than having to talk to everyone in town to find out what is new over and over again, especially considering how badly being in town effects your frame rate over time.

You also have to consider that if Istaria was a real world, and some NPC needs work done and suspects a being capable of doing that, would he not speak up to get that being's attention for employment, rather than stand there and keep his mouth shut? This emulation is a bit more difficult to accomplish realistically in a MMORPG, so the next best thing is some sort of visual signal. "Hey can you help me?"

Thread Information