Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 99

Thread: Unity, what has and will happen?

  1. #41

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    I'd liked to return, but only with my charakter, vault and at least the novians from my plot... only time will show.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Dragon, Crafter, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Dragon, Lunus, Order)

  2. #42

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    Hello all, just a quick post to say i am still keeping an eye on Unity status even though I don't post in the forum, I hope there are a lot like me that we will see coming back once it's possible to restore our characters. Good luck and work hard VI and good day to all Unitiers.
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

  3. #43
    Member Dragonboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Holland (Wind, Unity now Chaos)
    Posts
    1,867

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    It seems the game keeps going a lot longer then I expected it to do...

    First peek at the forum in many months, but in doubt if I should return.
    GN ruined my gaming experience for Horizons beyond repair I think...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

  4. #44

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    It seems the game keeps going a lot longer then I expected it to do...

    First peek at the forum in many months, but in doubt if I should return.
    GN ruined my gaming experience for Horizons beyond repair I think...
    That's GN... this is the original crowd so there is hope. Get your *** on msn!! ) Good to see you again!

    Rakku
    Last edited by Velea; November 23rd, 2007 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Forum rules clearly state that use of characters and part of a word are unacceptable.


  5. #45
    Member Vlisson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Germany / Bavaria
    Posts
    2,550

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    they should close the unity board and tell us that they arent able to do (or arent willing to do) the job to "reincarnate" our characters on the NA shards
    Last edited by Vlisson; November 23rd, 2007 at 10:25 AM. Reason: wrong word

  6. #46
    Member Antonath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Around here, somewhere
    Posts
    215

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    they should close the unity board and tell us that they arent able to do (or arent willing to do) the job to "reincarnate" our characters on the NA shards
    Why? Last we heard, they're still working on it. Yeah, we could use a bit more communication on the matter, but I doubt they're at the point of saying "screw you".

    Antonath

  7. #47
    Member Sigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chaos (Unity (Ice))
    Posts
    3,155

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    Why? Last we heard, they're still working on it. Yeah, we could use a bit more communication on the matter, but I doubt they're at the point of saying "screw you".

    Antonath

    I don't know. I hope and still believe somewhere deep down that all will goe well and I'll see my old chars again.

    On the other hand. We Unitarians are so extremely good at hoping against better jugdement and where did it get us? Till thisfar, nowhere at all!

    Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.


  8. #48
    Member Antonath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Around here, somewhere
    Posts
    215

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    I don't know. I hope and still believe somewhere deep down that all will go well and I'll see my old chars again.

    On the other hand. We Unitarians are so extremely good at hoping against better jugdement and where did it get us? Till thisfar, nowhere at all!
    We're a bit more complex than that, though. We can be spouting doom and gloom and "abandon all hope" all over the forum, but every single one of us is still holding that spark of hope deep inside, that we just can't shake.

    Antonath

  9. #49

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    I have to respectfully disagree with the "no where until now" part of your statement. Wasn't having an alternative to Paypal for billing one of the things that non-US players needed before they could resubscribe? And my understanding is that the new system is used world wide by CC companies everywhere. And you'll notice that rolling out this new system hasn't been perfectly smooth, thus it really was one item needed, and that the kinks needed to be worked out of, before international players could universally resubscribe.

    Please consider for a moment all the Unity players, not just those who post on the forum here. While you all might be able to pay through Paypal and it's a valid means of resubscribing, not everyone could. How would you feel if your character was made available, you were given a chance to have "first dibs" on plot reclaim, but you couldn't resubscribe in the time set by Virtrium for this to happen because there was no billing option available to you.

  10. #50

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    I agree with Antonath.
    I (as usual^^) agree with Sigi
    I even agree with Velea
    (except the prob, that you can use paypal only WITH a cc- that keeps lots of Unitarians away from the game )

    and I still wait .
    I mean, there is no deadline- but my enthusiasm is fading with the time passing
    (though I have 2 acc. going, and log in regulary)

  11. #51

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    Velea, what europeans needed was paypal... not another cc-method of paying. That a number of europeans just can't seem to understand, that you DO NOT NEED a cc to pay through paypal.. well, guess that's a riddle (as to why not understand that) that I find too hard to solve. (And sure, there are europeans, with cc, that prefer another method then paypal... just like some americans with cc have that same preference: however, I think you may be misunderstanding things when you say europeans needed something ELSE then paypal: it was paypal that they needed, to be able to pay other then with cc; and thát was realised right away when Virtrium came in... so no móre waiting-time for the europeans needed for thát reason.)

    As to belief if Unity will ever be solved: it's getting harder each day to keep believing that; and a BIG reason why it's getting harder and harder is the constant lack of meaningfull (yes, repeat, MEANINGFULL) feedback as to how things are going.

    To this very day, we are still waiting for even one clear statement, that Virtrium is ACTUALLY WORKING ON IT... and don't tell me that has been told a dozen times allready, it hasn't been; all we have heard are things like 'we know unity-players want to come, and we want to try to make that possible', or other phrases saying the same... but we have never, EVER, heard so far 'We ARE working on it, right here and now'. (Let alone: 'we are working on it, and we solved this and that, and are still busy with solving this or that part'...; let alone even more 'we are working on it, have solved this, not that yet, and we plan to have the following things done: 1: characters; 2:all belongings; 3: novians plus tokens for other plot; 4. own Unity-island; etc etc...).

    So even the most basic 'hey, we are working on it, right here and now' is still missing even now, so many months further along the string. And that makes it véry hard to keep hopes up. Please relay that to Virtrium in a way that they understand: that total silence is not ALWAYS the right thing to do (and I count that pat on the head once every few months with words that mean zip, nada, nothing at all fully as part of total silence).

    If that is in any way possible, for you or someone else, to relay to Virtrium the need for words, words that actually mean something at last, as minimum needed; who knows, a spark of understanding might actualy land then before most if not all unitarians fade away.

    (Sorry if this sounds harsh; but I think there has been ample soft-pawing around and acting as if those hollow pats on the head after each time we threaten to burn down istaria if we don't hear sómething are really appreciated - while they in reality mean nothing at all, so far; and it hasn't brought us anywhere still. And sorry to say: but your way of trying to tell us, that 'changing the paying-way' is actualy part of 'working on the unity-problem' isn't landing quite well either, at least not with me) (no personal offense meant, I know you are trying to understand ánd are between two fires at times so have to try to manouver around carefully to not get burnt by either; just stating the fact. Changing the billing-method, as wanted by many americans and also some europeans, is one thing. Solving the european loss of Unity is another.).

  12. #52
    Member Joaqim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Unity and sometimes germany
    Posts
    426

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    they should close the unity board and tell us that they arent able to do (or arent willing to do) the job to "reincarnate" our characters on the NA shards
    Ahhh rigth, thats a true Vlisson post - how much I have missed those

    Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

    Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

  13. #53

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    you can use paypal only WITH a cc
    This actually isn't true, at least in the US. My paypal account is linked straight to a bank account, no credit card at all. I don't even have an actual credit card.

    I do not know how it works internationally, but at least in the US, paypal does not require a CC.

  14. #54

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    We are just trying to figure out, what went wrong.

    As I pay with cc, I just reported what (German) Unitarians told me.

    Thanks to Galilee`s helpful advices, we should see clearer soon.
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; November 24th, 2007 at 09:03 AM.

  15. #55
    Member Joaqim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Unity and sometimes germany
    Posts
    426

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    We are just trying to figure out, what went wrong.

    As I pay with cc, I just reported what (German) Unitarians told me.

    Thanks to Galilee`s helpful advices, we should see clearer soon.
    I have a paypal account since ages and everything been working well without a credit card - and right that's in germany.

    Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

    Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

  16. #56
    Member Vahrokh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Dralk and in my lair, where else?
    Posts
    1,989

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    Fact 1: It's almost the first anniversary of Unity down. It's still down, we are still here.

    Fact 2: The released interviews always had a "little corner" dedicated at stating the intention of restoring Unity characters, after so much time and reading them again they look a lot more "tentative" or "good will" intentions than actual dedicated committment.

    Fact 3: some people (like me) heavily supported the company both on the forums and called their friends back like a positive "mouth talk" and paid 3-6+ months subscriptions "in the void" and in advance to support the efforts of a company that for once looked like caring for us "exiled".

    Now, to the economic damage we have to see our friends deluded and kind of pointing their finger to us for having illuded them for nothing.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

  17. #57

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    Fact 1: It's almost the first anniversary of Unity down. It's still down, we are still here.

    Fact 2: The released interviews always had a "little corner" dedicated at stating the intention of restoring Unity characters, after so much time and reading them again they look a lot more "tentative" or "good will" intentions than actual dedicated committment.
    fact 1 : Shame that we have to "celebrate"/experience this mile stone.
    fact 2 : been reading the forum since I left in GN time, and unfortunately whilst i wait and hope in the background, I do have to admit that the words we can see in the last year, I still don`t believe them. GN and EI (empty) promises made me into a "first see then believe " type of person, before i can return.

    Dont get me wrong, I find it positive to see the changes that happened for the US servers and the progress the game is making. Just waiting to see when the old chars can come back form the darkness they have been put in.

  18. #58

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    This actually isn't true, at least in the US. My paypal account is linked straight to a bank account, no credit card at all. I don't even have an actual credit card.

    I do not know how it works internationally, but at least in the US, paypal does not require a CC.
    I agree with Velea. I'm in the Uk and PayPal works via direct debit to my current account. Never put my card anywhere near it. That method will work for *any* account if my experience is anything to go by (account number, name and sort code).

    Not that I've been anywhere near the game in the last good few days. Had a weekend spawned from the butt-hole of Hell itself and I'm a stunned wreck left not knowing what to do. I might go to work at least things are (usually) more predictable.

    I am hoping that VI start putting some sort of regular Unity update for work in progress, say bi-weekly or monthly with more detail than "We're working on it".

    Rakku


  19. #59

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    One more week without any word from Vi regarding Unity and I am gone forever.

    If they DO give word within that week then it better be good.
    Like saying the Unity characters are up and running before the end of december.
    Saying that it will take 3 months to restore Unity will not be acceptable.

    Seriously, by now they could have manually typed every character into the chaos or order database.
    I wonder what those slackers are doing.
    Last edited by Velea; December 7th, 2007 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Profanity removed
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!


    100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

  20. #60

    Default Re: Unity, what has and will happen?

    Cobal, I can understand your anger and frustration but ranting and swearing will not help.A lot of people have been waiting a long time to be resurrected, and i hope a little while longer it will be worth the wait.
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •