Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a question

Default I have a question

All though the many threads that have been posted, about dragons and Drakul, I was wondering. Many mentioned that if the biped became enslaved to the dragon, then it would be ok for them to go to Drakul.

Now, my question is this.

Why in the world is it, that when I use my dragon to help me get my resources, I call the dragon my slave, and many many dragons get angry for this. I don't quite get it, its ok for dragons to enslave bipeds and not ok for bipeds to enslave dragons?

I mean no harm when I ask this, so please, lets not start a war here, I am simply curious over this standard.

Default Re: I have a question

From an IC view point:
    A dragon a slave to a naka!?! *snorts* I'd rather die!

Ooc: Depends on if your audince is largly dragon or bi-ped. Mention bi-peds becomeing slaves in the bi-ped forum and you'll likely get the same reaction as mentioning dragons becomeing slaves of bi-ped. Same in game.

*slays Tci!*

hehe, aye thats what I was pondering today. The dragons really become enraged that I call my dragon a slave. So, it brought forth my question. Heh, thanks!

Ish slayed
    x.X

<edit: No..Im not stalking the forums...>

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    Ish slayed
    x.X

<edit: No..Im not stalking the forums...>
    Yep, hummmhmmm, right! *g*

It is wrong by lore because Dragons came before the bipeds and in one ages did fully enslave them. Now by lore Lunus wish to return to the old days of enslaving the bipeds to protect them selves and other dragon kind and Helians wish to "enslave" them with knowldge. Teach them to rely on us.

Dragons believe, IC: and are correct, that as the first race we are superior.

So it basicly comes down to lore being that a biped has never been able to enslave a dragon and "should be stronger" then a biped. That does not translate into game mechanics.

Yep, it's a double standard. Dragons did at one time dominate humans, though it has not been specified exactly what form this dominance took. However, given the degree to which Ashlander Vandus is lionized for freeing the humans from draconic oppression, it's probably fair to assume that humans were either enslaved or close to it.

Dragons, then, have a historical basis for such comments, or for comments like "my pet biped".

On the other claw...

When a human speaks of subjugating a dragon, I'd think any dragon (even Helians) would be insulted at the very least. If Hz were a PvP game, such a comment would be a duelling invitation for a Lunus. Helians may regard bipeds as acceptable company, but they are never, ever seen as anything but lesser creatures. Dragons are superior in every way to bipeds, which is what qualifies them to lead and teach bipeds in the first place.

Any biped who thinks themselves superior to a dragon must be put in their place - quickly, firmly, and decisively.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

*breaths on the kitty and removed all the fur*

"Hate Furballs with my food"

*Gets one of those "C-clamp cat carriers" and places kitty over open lava pit*

"Because Breath of fire only cooks the outside, gotta get it done right"

*Adds some Teriyaki sauce laced with maple syrup*

"For that nice brown crunchy basting"
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    *breaths on the kitty and removed all the fur*

"Hate Furballs with my food"

*Gets one of those "C-clamp cat carriers" and places kitty over open lava pit*

"Because Breath of fire only cooks the outside, gotta get it done right"

*Adds some Teriyaki sauce laced with maple syrup*

"For that nice brown crunchy basting"
    *gasps*

Bbbbbut, there is not much meat on me! I am rather lean, with no fat, so would make a chewy dinner! *gasps* you cannot eat me !

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    It is wrong by lore because Dragons came before the bipeds and in one ages did fully enslave them. Now by lore Lunus wish to return to the old days of enslaving the bipeds to protect them selves and other dragon kind and Helians wish to "enslave" them with knowldge. Teach them to rely on us.

Dragons believe, IC: and are correct, that as the first race we are superior.

So it basicly comes down to lore being that a biped has never been able to enslave a dragon and "should be stronger" then a biped. That does not translate into game mechanics.
    No, No, No and No again. Dragons enslaved humans, not the other races, especially not Elves. Dragons are not native to the realm of Istaria, so saying that they are the first race is a bit prideful on the part of Dragons. Many races were not discovered until later, and there is no telling how old the Dryad race is, just the knowledge of when they built their first great city. Also, the Aegis have enslaved fallen dragons, which was lead by Torrin Macalir, so yes Dragons have been enslaved by humans, or once humans.

Superior pride perhaps.
    Durand - Elven Warrior of the Realm of Order

Lore also points to the fact the Dwarves were around way before the Dragons were also.

Dragons came later, and brought things to the races of Istaria they lacked, "magic" and the understanding of it (which eventually leads to the downfall of Istaria and the dragons as a superior race) when bi-peds began dabbling into the realm of blight.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

OOC: AH I stand corrected then. Must be lore of other lands seeping in.

IC: I will just let the bipeds believe that. *toothy grin*

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    Lore also points to the fact the Dwarves were around way before the Dragons were also.

Dragons came later, and brought things to the races of Istaria they lacked, "magic" and the understanding of it
    Ahem.

Age of the Dawn (7500 B.R.+)
    • 8000 B.R. Drulkar, the First Dragon, leads his people from the Realm of Fire into the world of Istaria on the Prime. His people are Spirits of Fire, but they assume physical forms, that of a Dragon, in order to reside in this world. In the walls of the Volcano of Dralk he digs his lair and builds the Gate of Embers. He begins teaching other Dragons about lairshaping and about the world. In time, they build their own lairs in the walls of the volcano and in nearby hills.
    Age of the gods (5000 B.R. to 7500 B.R.)
    • 7500 B.R. The People of Drulkar begin calling their new city, Dralk. Dragons thrive in their new world and their numbers multiply. Drulkar, the First Dragon, passes through the Gate of Embers and leaves Istaria forever. He closes the Gate behind him, telling his people that they must learn how to re-open it themselves to be worthy of following him.
    • 6102 B.R. Grand city of Palmyra is built amidst the tree-tops of Eastern Aradoth by the Dryad.
    • 6099 B.R. The Elves, a peaceful people living beneath the great Dryad trees alongside the Satyr, are instructed in the Teachings of Alyssa by the Dryad
    • 2252 B.R. Nelthorr disovers the Dwarves and Gnomes.
    • 2123 B.R. The Dwarven city of Aughundell is founded on the slopes of Mt.Grenaden; The first king of the Dwarves, Grathmar I, is crowned.
    • 2094 B.R. Gnomian city of Rachival is built with the assistance of their neighbors and friends to the south, the Dwarves
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I see the Elves are not lacking in pride.....

Ok so what "quest" or "lore" was spoken that it was a disputed fact that the dwarves were here first... I do remember reading this but can't remember the reference. I could be wrong probably. Most of the lore you post you can't find in the game, only through player made "time-lines"

The time-line posted here is the offical time-line given by the devs.

ok.... Dev made. But still not in game lore which would be nice... maybe add it to the book in New Trismus

You'd be surprised how much lore is actually in-game - it's just not all in one spot. It's where it should be, in dialogs, quests, item descriptions and histories. Yes, it would be great to have readable books here & there, but even then it shouldn't all be in one central library.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Dragons do not have a monopoly on pride, I'm afraid.

Dragons are not superior. Bipeds are not superior. The only race that is enslaving anyone is the Aegis.

On a side note: A few quests to retrieve old lore books and return them to the Library in Tazoon would be nice.
    Durand - Elven Warrior of the Realm of Order

I don't know that much about Ishtarian lore to tell you the truth, I don't have the time to read pages of history on the matter. But I can tell you this, most fantasy loving players that have had any hand in some rollplay, and/or reads story books is going to assume that dragons pracitcally drip pride. Elves also have a habit of being aloof and prideful more so than any other race according to popular fantasy. Within these two cultures it is usually an unthinkable thing to be a slave to anyone else, however, also by popular fantasy, it does happen.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Thread Information