Thread: Portal

Default Portal

Has anyone else played this? I havn't played it personally but I watch my boyfriend beat it start to finish and helped him with the puzzles. Almost like it more then the reason we got the Orange Box (Half-Life Episode 2 of course).

I found it an interesting game. I absolutly love the computer. It was some of the most fun I've had going through a game in a while. Also, my boyfriend was kind enough to download the song at the end (which I loved) so now it's stuck in my head and he's playing it everytime he gets at my laptop so it stays there (not so good).

Anyway, if you've played it what did you think? If you havn't then go and play it.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Default Re: Portal

I'm waiting for it to come out on PS3 so I have an excuse to use the darn thing... I've heard good things about portal though. Can't wait to play it.

heard lots about it but do not own the consoles for it.

You own one of them RuneDragoon. It came out as a PC game too. In the Half-Life Orange box.

Shian. You want an excuse to use your PS3? Buy Lair....that game was so much fun.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

One of the best games I've played, I must say. Ever. The vast majority of games require either reflexes (FPS/RTS) or pattern recognition (TBS) to master, but extremely few require what I like to call actual skill - that is, precision of movement, aiming and timing.

Portal requires both skill, tactical thinking, spatial awareness and, in some cases, reflexes. Truly a well-needed fresh breeze in an otherwise stagnant gaming community!
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Or, you know, just use your PS3 as a doorstop and use a REAL gaming machine instead. Meaning a PC.

Thread Information