Thread: Why to the Wanted?

Blog Entries

Default Why to the Wanted?

(( This is a explanation RP as to what is going on so far with the Ulharisk and Shiarla being wanted by the empire. As many may or may not know, this was created for others to get involved in, however with a minor explanation will be given here before it switches over to the eyes of another who is within the empire itself. ))

For OOC Knowledge: Unless Ulharisk or Shiarla told you this, do not assume your character knows of this.

Several Days Back...

Shiarla, a young woman who ran away from her home so she could be free to do as she pleased, ran and forged her parents signature to become a Knight. It was either this fate, or the fate of being a house wife to an old man always to bare his children.
    The choice seemed right for the youth, and even when she ran into the clearing with dragons about, they too agreed that she had the choice of what she wished to do.
    One dragon there however, named Ulharisk feared that the Knight whom she was training under, by his lack of training could be after something far more, just by his actions and how she explained to him his words.

The two of them did indeed become friends, and Ulharisk, whenever they would speak, would warn of her the appending danger to such a man and that if anything was to happen, she was to come to him, for as a friend, he would defend her.
    These words he has told many, even to strangers, so for the dragon, he always stood by, waiting and watching. For to him, it was his job to help defend those who needed to be defended, and protect those from wrongs..
    That very skill was about to be tested...

Shiarla did indeed run to Ulharisk, with the Knight who should have been training her, dead on her heels. She was badly wounded, bleeding, and on the verge of passing out.
    With the scent of blood in the air and raised voices, Ulharisk moved out of his lair to find the Knight holding a person by the ends of there matted down hair.

When he questioned the knight of what was going on, the knight informed him that the girl he held was a criminal and was to be taken in for her crimes.
    When Ulharisk asked of what crimes, he was told the fact she refused arrest and attacked the knights of law.
    At a closer inspection Ulharisk realized who it was he held, knowing that such things was not in Shiarla's nature, Ulharisk asked for the knight to hand her over, as Tazoon was a long run, she was badly injured, and he could get her there far quicker then the Knight after she was probably mended and cared for.

The Knight refused, and when Shiarla yelled out to Ulharisk, the knight then threatened her life. Ulharisk then acted, not out of love, or by friendship, but because by the Knight's actions, he was threatening to take a life without the needing it to be done.
    He was able to separate the two and transformed himself down into his Khutit form in attempt to try and deal with the Knight without fully harming him.

However Shiarla in fear that Ulharisk could be hurt, tackled the Knight with her remaining strength. Ulharisk, perhaps foolishly, picked up the sword the knight had dropped, as the Knight was losing his battle with Shiarla, or Shiarla would soon be tossed to the side.
    The plan was simple: Get the knight down on the ground, point the tip of the sword at the Knight's neck and inform him to leave if his life indeed meant something to him.
    This action was enough to typically get any Knight or anyone for that matter to leave.

However the unexpected did take place, as Shiarla was thrust into the very sword that Ulharisk had at ready, not quick enough to react, Shiarla was impaled on the blade and the Knight quick ran away.
    Stunned, confused, and bewildered by the sudden action, Ulharisk not only face now with a dieing friend, by a friend whom was dieing on the very sword he held. By his actions, he believed he may have created a far worse fate for her, then what they would have done. Not realizing at this time, just what they had done to her before she ran.

Before she could die, Ulharisk made her swear that with the gift he would bestow upon her, she would do no wrongs and that she would learn under him. When she swore with her last dying breathe, he made a soul pact with her, with there lives now being tied into one...

-----------------------------

Note: If you have a character who is allied with the Empire or who is part of the knights for the empire, this may interest you, as you may over hear the conversation.

Yesterday Morning - Tazoon - Halls of the Empire

The head of the Knight order walked down the halls, several of his men with him, all from different sects of the order as leaders, and those whom were directly under the Knight himself.
    They were different races, but mostly human, as the head himself as was this. "I'm sure you heard the orders. They are both wanted dead or alive for the crimes committed, what is worse still is one of them is a **** dragon." The head says as he continues at his walking pace.

One of the other leaders of a sect look over to the Head knight with a raised brow, "Yes, we heard and seen the posters. How are we suppose to get a Dragon? I heard an Ancient was going after him, however not all the dragons will be supportive of this action. What shall we do if they all decide to stand behind him?"

"They wont." The head knight says with a sure sound in his voice, "Though they remember, as we remember, that they once enslaved us, we won our freedom from them, and those flying monsters wont stand behind him."

"How can you be so sure sir?" Another one asks, as they move into a room to be seated.

"Because if the did," He replied, "Then they could start a war. I am sure the dragons would not want that as we all know the creeping blight is far more of a.. danger... to them then us, and for us to start a war over two little people, would be such a waste of power."

As the knights all sat down, the others who were not the leaders, stood to the side of the walls as they listened in. They were welcome to do so, for many of them could very well be asked to help track down these two as well.

One of the leaders spoke up, whom happen to be white tiger saris, "Many things do not add up sir. If you don't mind me saying so bluntly." The saris then looks over to him, "How do we know the girl is still alive? How did you come to find this information out?"

"One of our scouts told me. He spotted the girl not far from one of the old lands that was once used as Training grounds to the gifted. She and the Dragon were talking. Most likely plotting there next kill. I expect that-- He-- was indeed there target."

The Saris hrmed softly clasping his hands on the table, "Yes, I am sorry about the loss, but are we so sure he is dead? I know the posters were placed out, but--"

"Dead or not, the act was committed!" Another lead says, human this time as he slams his armored hand on the table. "The Dragon fed his body to a serpent beast, even if he could rise from the grave, the act is an act of murder!"

The saris stares at the human knight who spoke up, "Yes, perhaps, but..."

"The problem does not matter," The head spoke up, "Sir Nathen is correct. An act is an act. Though.. he has not turned up yet.. and even if he is.. gifted.. the act of such a crime, will still be seen as murder."

The Saris hrmphs and crosses his arms over his chest. The tail hanging off the side of the chair twitches gently in annoyance.

Nathen only grins to himself before he turns the head Knight, "I will make sure my best men are sent to find them. No matter where they hide we will track them down, after all, they can not hide forever and eventually they will pay for there crimes!"

Another one of the Knight leaders spoke up, this time an elf by the looks, though perhaps a tad taller then normal, "What I do not understand still, as I see there are many questions concerning this matter, is why would a Dragon do such a thing? A motive must be known and such a hasty action to want them dead seems-- Irrational at best."

The head knight looks over to the elf, those eyes staring over at him for a moment. "I was there when it took place, Jhacian. She attacked my men, injured one of them, about killed another. Most likely she was already in workings with the Dragon. Besides, have you seen the way those beasts have been acting? They have become more irrational then us."
    "I have heard of stories, even amongst their own kind of blighted dragons, dragons who are eating there young. The Dragons that once stood along side us are dieing breed, Jhacian. That is why we do not question the matter, apparently this one is not better and just as corrupted if it was willing to feed a man to monster."

Jhacian tsked softly before he became silent. He glanced to the Saris knight whom seemed to be thinking these things over, and he too fell into silence though whispers, "..by the great tree.. what troubling times we do fall under.."

The head knight then rubbed the bridge of his nose before he spoke up. "Unless there are any other further questions, you all have your orders that were discussed yesterday. I expect those orders to be followed, out. For those of you who missed it, I will recap, and if they miss it again," He glances over to a human knight who was trying to doze off, "They will either need to be informed by a comrade, or having cleaning duty of the marble floors."
    This caused the Knight to snap to attention swiftly with a nervous grin on his face. The head knight then sighed as he pulled out a map of Istaria. "As we know, the posters only act as an assistance from the public, as a great deal of our men are tied up with the Blight problems. The only place we truly can not tread is in the lands marked by the Dragons due to our agreements. I desire to keep these agreements, so do not push the subject with any of them. Again, we, as the empire, do not want a war."
    "Use whatever means you believe best to bring them in, though death is an option, and may be done due to apparently them both being gifted, and if death is done, make sure that their souls do not leave their bodies and they do not reform somewhere else. We need them here within the prison cells."

The Head Knight then sits back in his chair, tapping his fingers together, "The Gifted are troubling to deal with, though thankfully we have a few in our ranks, I suggest we go after the Girl first, then use her to lure in the Dragon. if we are to take on the dragon first, it will require more man power and probably assistance of much stronger parties."

Nathan speaks up then, "Why the girl first? Why not the dragon?"

The Head knight glances over as he gets interrupted, but only lets out a sigh, "If we do target the Dragon first, then someone alone will need to go after her. We will try all options, but the girl is smaller and thus could easily get around us, that is why I desire her first."
    "However," He states, motioning over to the Sslik who has dark green scales, bronze and leather armor, and a white and black feathers following along his head fin, whom mostly at this point as been idly ignoring the conversation, "Azkain there knows the girl."

This causes the Sslik to raise up his head suddenly and stare.

"As he is debt to the empire, we figure by capturing her, this would free his debt to us and thus allow him to do as he pleases." The head knight then smiles, "And he already agreed to it."

Azkain quickly snarls before he speaks up, "You did not tell thiss one that the perrsson to capturre wass her!"

The head knight glanced over to him, "..yes, but as part of your debt, it is also the will of the empire." he says with a very soft smile.

Azkain makes an agitated growling sneer, before he falls silent again.

The Saris then speaks up after that, "If I may sir, if Azkain doesn't desire..."

The Head Knight then looks over to the Saris, "It is not the matter of the desire or what someone wishes, it is the matter of honor and the matter of his word. He told us that he do whatever we wish of him, that is our final wish. For him to bring in the girl, as ordered by the empire itself."

The saris grew silent again, just shaking his head gently.

The head knight then slowly stood up, "Will there be any more questions?"

There was silence from all. Few seeming happy with the task at hand, others-- not so, and even more so the mutual dislike shared between the Saris and Azkain.
    However among all this, Jhacian, who had been silent the entire time, also says nothing. He slowly rises to his feet however, before he takes his helmet off the table and speaks gently, "Though I have no questions, but if these actions are ill and are using the empire's power for own personal gain, you do know the charges for that."

The Head knight stares over at the elf, though he doesn't show much expression, the stare was matched by the elf.

"...and I do not believe I need to say much more, hm?" The elf knight then took his leave, motioning to his men to follow...

Default Re: Why to the Wanted?

((Great story! Its going to be fun to see played out!))

Thread Information