Thread: Message Board for June '10

Default Message Board for June '10

Really should get these up sooner in the month, huh? Anyhoo, enjoy. Adding a few messages that are likely to be used.

RATS ARE CONTAINED

Thanks to the efforts of our engineering and humane gnomes, most of the rat population in New Trismus has been caught and relocated safely to other training isles where no one live. Remember: do your part to keep our wonderful city clean and free for idle chatter!

-Pratt

I'll get you next time, Awdz! Next time! - G.T.
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

Default Re: Message Board for June '10

(Apparently, I need a message up here. Quote posts alone are for naught.)

New Academy soon to be in Session!

Several years ago, the great Academy at Draak which had stood for nearly four thousand years was decimated mercilessly by the hated Aegis. Now at last, the dragon population has swelled once more and the call for a New Academy has been sent out by Nyoko and Callihan. Once again, young dragons can be taught, tutored, or mentored in the ancient ways of the dragons, made new by an entirely new set of elders. Indeed, even some hatchlings are getting to teach their fellow peers in a variety of new topics, from the traditional tooth and claw and Primal Magics, to even song and writing.

Classes are set to begin as soon as the teachers are ready for them. Sources tell that young hatchlings need only show up to these classes, though as this is still new and exciting, many details have not been visibly finalized.

We asked Semeneth to comment on the recent development. He had this to say.

"What? Why wasn't I informed of this? The Helian are all about teaching!"

Yes, well, we also asked Valkoth of Dralk what his opinions are. He responded as follows.

"What are bipeds doing in my cave? Oh, the Academy? Tragic loss. The new Academy should be in Dralk whenever we start one... What do you mean we've already started one?"

There you have it. Hatchlings should be on the look out, because the elder dragons are out in force to begin the school session!

-Geoff the Pawnbroker

Stick to your day job! You write too much!

-Pratt
    "Resurgam!"

Citizenship Classes for the Academy

It has come to my attention that the thoughts of careful elders now turn towards the future of our race. To this end, I have been inspired to teach a few classes of my own, dealing with the citizenship and society of the Dragon race today and in the past. These classes will contain information on the Schism, Hatchling-Elder responsibilities, How our race comes to decisions - past and present, and the importance of taking a role in dragon society.

If you are interested, feel free to post a reply here. I will be setting up a time for classes - two in one day to make sure all hatchlings have a chance to hear - very soon, and any hatchling is of course free to show up to them.

I look forward to creating a better society with you all.

-Maurger

(Dun dun DUN~)
    "Resurgam!"

Question Re: Message Board for June '10

Quote Originally Posted by Kaerisk View Post
    (Dun dun DUN~)
    Is Maurger' post a notification that can be found at Chiconis or Dralk, or somewhere?

(*Strikes the red alert)
    Last edited by LungTien Temeraire; June 11th, 2010 at 09:11 PM.

(This message board - as per last message board post - is found in New Trismus, with a copy in Aughundel and Tazoon, which is why the first two posts are from people who live in New Trismus. These places are chosen due to traffic, since these are Imperial Boards, not specifically dragon boards. Therefore, there is not such a board in Chiconis or Dralk. As they are imperial boards, however, pretty much anyone can put a message on them.)
    "Resurgam!"

A small scrawl is written on a scrap of paper, starting legible and getting harder (smaller) to read as the note goes down.

i'm thinking of hosting another gifted tinkering convention but need participants to present their inventions. please contact me anytime to let me know if you are interested. - awdz

<see http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ing+convention for what kind of thing I have in mind>

Thread Information