Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack

Default Re: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack

If you want to be fully sure just delete the whole game and reinstall it if nothing else works.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pryzm View Post
    If you want to be fully sure just delete the whole game and reinstall it if nothing else works.
    As all mod files are in resources_override, no need to be THAT extreme. Deleting/moving resources_override folder is enough.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

I wasn't even sure I would do it, but at least it's done. Yes, I mean an update.

Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack is now usable with current official client.
    It was a large refactoring to get it working as I had to edit nearly every single file, so don't expect much new content. However, I simplified it internaly and you will get a smaller file than before.
    For previous users, the installer will automaticaly clean some now useless v2.2.3 files in your folders (batch).
    Some details would probably need some ironing as the devil lies in the details but at least it's functionnal and it was my goal... for tested races.
    For untested races (because I just don't have characters for them), please report any issues you can find.

Here is the changelog:

v2.2.4 (April 22, 2016)
    =================

General:
    -------

- Updated MOD with 390.40.4 client official files [Firebrand]
    - Specific MOD emotes now have "zf_" as prefix [Firebrand]

Dragons:
    -------

Changed
    - /neck sound has been changed for MOD sound [Firebrand]
    - /shake sound has been changed for MOD sound [Firebrand]
    - /sneeze sound has been changed for MOD sound [Firebrand]
    - /hello sound has been changed for MOD sound [Firebrand]
    - /head sound has been changed for MOD sound (now official emote) [Firebrand]
    - /hiss sound has been changed for MOD sound (now official emote) [Firebrand]
    - /hop for Hatchling Dragon sound has been changed for MOD sound (now official emote) [Firebrand]
    - /summon is now known officially as /rally, but sound has been changed for MOD sound [Firebrand]
    - /roar sound has been changed fr MOD sound (now official emote) [Firebrand]
    - /tailwhip sound has been changed for /zf_tailslap sound [Firebrand]
    - /victory is now official but slightly different from MOD. zf_victory is now original MOD emote. [Firebrand]
    - Silenced following emotes: /dance, /look, /no, /nod, /startle, /snack, /yes [Firebrand]

Removed:
    - Khutit animation fix, as - at last - it's officially available [Firebrand]

Known issues:
    - /hello doesn't work for Ancient Dragons for unknown reasons (even without MOD). Replaced by /zf_greetemote [Firebrand]

Bipeds:
    ------

Added:
    - All bipeds, execpt dryads, can /ride (brought from v2.2.3) [Firebrand]

Changed:
    - Silenced following emotes: /beg, /explain, /happy, /look, /no, /peer, /please, /sad, /sleep, /self, /shake (for male characters), /thanks, /twirl, /yes, /excite (for Half-Giants) [Firebrand]
    - Sslik and Khutit: changed sound for /bye, /hello, /wave [Firebrand]
    - /dgreet now uses /hello sound [Firebrand]

Fixed:
    - Proper sound for /zf_specialmove for Dwarves, Humans, Elves,
    Fiends, Gnomes, Half-Giants (broken in v2.2.3) [Firebrand]
    - /zf_finishingmove has an associated sound for female Human, female Elves, female Fiends, female Gnomes, female Half-Giants (broken in v2.2.3) [Firebrand]

Removed:
    - /greetemote from v2.2.3 as /hello got an official sound [Firebrand]

Known issues:
    ------------

- Emotes with custom sounds are muted at first use: you must either use them one first time or have heard the sound from other players. It's a client side issue that can't be fixed by modding .def files. My guess is that custom sound files aren't initially loaded by the game at start.
    - MOD tested with following races: Ancient Dragon, Hatchling Dragon, Khutit, male Half-Giant, Sslik, Saris (male and female), male Elf, female Satyr, male Fiend. Other races haven't been tested and debugged. Please report any issue.

You can download it here :http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/inde...ption&dl_id=45

The english guide to download on the website: http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/inde...rticle&artid=8

Have fun.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Sounds great. I think everyone has been waiting for this news XD.
    Thx alot i`m gonna test it tomorrow.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Here is a new version. It's just a maintenance update. You can now enjoy the new animations from v390.63.2 official client.
    As usual, feebacks and bug reports are welcomed.

v2.2.5 (May 25, 2016)
    =================

- Updated to v390.63.2 client files. [Firebrand]
    - Fixed female Elf animation file: custom emote animations were missing.[Firebrand]

You can download it here :http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/inde...ption&dl_id=45

The english guide to download on the website: http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/index.php?file=Sections&op=article&artid=8

Another maintenance update with the new Dragon threat emote... but tweaked a little bit.

v2.2.6 (September 09, 2016)
    =====================

- Updated to v392.18.0 client files. Dragon /threat emote added. [Firebrand]
    - Changed /threat sound for something more threatening. [Firebrand]

You can download it here: http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/inde...ption&dl_id=45

The english guide to download on the website: http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/inde...rticle&artid=8

i saw you login, you must have been testing it.

That's right.

Lightbulb Re: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack

Once again, it took very long but now it's time for an update!

Why hasn't it been done earlier? First of all, I completely overlooked Live client changes in november 2016 and didn't realize there were a lot of changes with emotes. I just got it in january. Then, well... I just needed to have those old scales whipped strong enough to get it done as I had, again, to verify and modify a lot of files.

But now, this MOD doesn't really work as the official client where emotes are silent by default. The primary goal of this MOD has always been to add sound to emotes which had none back in the days. If you install this MOD, that means you enjoys to have sound with your emotes.
    That means all emotes which had sound in v2.2.6 will have sound in v2.2.7 (if I haven't missed anything) when using the default command. As exemple, if you use /hello or /wavehi sound will be played, you don't need to use /hello_s or /wavehi_s.
    But those which were silent will stay silent. As exemple, /dance will be silent, you will need to use /dance_s to have sound if you enjoy it. Just check out v2.2.4 changelog to know which ones are silent.

However xxx_s emotes are still there and many of them are doublons. But I have no other choice than keeping them if I want MOD users to be able to interact with people who haven't installed it.

Now, let's see what's new:

v2.2.7 (April 05, 2017)
    =================

- Updated to v394.39.1 client files. [Firebrand]
    - Fixed: longstanding issue with MOD sound not played at first use. All specific MOD sounds are now pre-cached. [Firebrand]
    - Fixed: as Adult Dragons are not Hatchling Dragons anymore, their /threaten emote is now Super Effective! (Adults don't use Hatchlings emote text anymore) [Firebrand]
    - Fixed: typos with Adult Dragon [Firebrand]
    - Fixed: Dwarves now have the death bell (should have been added with v2.0.... oops...) [Firebrand]
    - Changed: most bipeds: /sleep has been changed to /startle [Firebrand]
    - Changed: male Dwarf: /pointsky has been removed [Firebrand]
    - Changed: /head for male Half-Giant has been renamed to /zf_head as it has been removed (by mystake?) from official file. [Firebrand]

Last edited by Firebrand; April 5th, 2017 at 02:12 AM.

Beautiful, Firebrand!

Nice fixes and changes! Thank you for putting in the time and effort to get this all updated!

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

This time I will try to not let the upcoming changes pile up with the emotes revamp. Then I have updated my pack for the new client on Blight.
    Consider this pack as a test version for Blight players, I will make a proper release (with installer) when the client will be on regular shards: players from Chaos and Order, do not update your Emote Pack for the moment!

v2.2.8 (June 02, 2017)
    ====================

- Updated to v394.82.1 client files. [Firebrand]
    - Some emotes for Dragons got their sounds back by default: /blush (bugfix), /dance, /look, /no, /nod /selfexam, /snack, /startle, /victory (bugfix), /yes. [Firebrand]

Download Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack Test Version

Please note Adult Dragon hasn't been tested. As always, feedback is welcomed.

I don't want to derail your mod thread, so excuse me for butting in, but may I ask what "bugfix" in parentheses entails? Was there some issue with the Blight patch you came across?

Thank you for taking the time to maintain your mod, however; I imagine it's much appreciated by the players who use it

These were internal issues in v2.2.7, not related to Blight client. The emotes were supposed to play sound by default but they didn't. So nothing you have to worry about.

However, I found a few errors I'll tell you about in the game bugs forum.

As promised, here is the proper release for the updated version of the Mod as v2.2.7 and earlier aren't compatible anymore with current client on regular shards.
    The only change with test version is /neck emote for Dragons which got its singular they back. No significant enough for a version number change.

v2.2.8 (July 11, 2017)
    ====================

- Public release for regular shards. Working for v394.104.1 client (no change since v394.82.1). [Firebrand]
    - /neck for Dragons got its singular plural back. [Firebrand]
    - No version number change as nothing significant has been modified since June test version.

Some changes has been done with latest Blight client and I updated my Mod with them. Live shards players can already install it as it won't conflict with other players' emotes. Here is the changelog:

v2.2.9 (July 22, 2017)
    ====================

- Adds fixes from 395.8.0 client. [Firebrand]
    - Khutit changes:
    *Gender changes in Mod Khutit text to be consistent with official emotes (v395.7.0). Extended changes to some official emotes that haven't been modified (yet?). [Firebrand]
    *Removed /zf_takeoff. It looked stupid as you really are a Dragon. [Firebrand]
    */headbutt now uses Mod sound. [Firebrand]
    - Dragons changes:
    *Remove zf_greetemote for Ancient Dragon as Hello emote works with emote button. [Firebrand]
    *Considering discussion with Liseth in bugs report forum and latest official changes with Khutit emotes, singular plural is now used for all emotes where appliable instead of it/its. Both official and Mod emotes are modified for consistancy. [Firebrand]

The english guide to download on the website: http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/index.php?file=Sections&op=article&artid=8

Not included in this version, there is some work in progress.
    The Mod was created much before the emote buttons were added to the client and the emotes were designed to be used with command lines. They are currently unreadable on the buttons, so I tried to do some changes.
    The constraints are to add a prefix to differenciate them from official emotes and limit the text to 8 characters as official emotes. I tried zf_ then zf. but didn't look good. So I tried just zf.

Pros: it's now readable on the buttons (WIP, so the text may change).
    Cons: text is now pretty cryptic. Tooltip can help but it's not as convenient as I'd want.

Then I need Mod users' input here: should I change this way or should I keep it as it currently is? Suggestions are welcomed.
    If I get no input, I will just do it the way I prefer.

I'm also considering to apply the singular plural to Ssliks' emotes text because they may not enjoy, as Dragons, to be reffered to an object.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    I'm also considering to apply the singular plural to Ssliks' emotes text because they may not enjoy, as Dragons, to be reffered to an object.
    To help you in deciding -

Sslik are referred to as 'it' because they do not have a particular gender (or rather, have both, in a way) and thus can never be referred to as 'he' or 'she' biologically.
    Dragons have biological genders and thus can be referred to as 'he' or 'she', but since the player's gender is largely unknown (game mechanics wise, especially), the singular 'they' is used as an ambiguous referral.

In short, 'they' is used when unsure while 'it' is used when there is nothing to be unsure of biologically.

Thanks for this piece of advice. It will stay as current then.

I made a minor update to add the new Dragon trading animations ("Dragons perform bow_respectful emote after a trade" from patch log) and the tweaks for Dragon sitdown/standup animations (affect /zf_sitdown and /zf_standup emotes). That's all for this time.

v2.2.9.1 (July 27, 2017)
    ====================

- Updated to v395.13.0 client files. [Firebrand]

Here is a new update. Of course, the Mod as been aligned with official files but this time you will get some new content!

First, I have added a new Dragon emote. With Caprica agreement, the rise emote is now part of the Mod and known as zf_rise. A stylish way to be zombified!

The emote commands have been completely reworked. In previous version, the Mod emotes in the emote window looked awful because they were not originally design for this, only for text commands.
    Now, it look like this:

Unfortunately, it looks now a bit cryptic because the text has to stay short but you still can use the tool tip of the button for a better description. I wanted to widen the buttons, but it didn't look good as part of it seems to be hard coded and can't be modified with .def files. So I had to give up.
    However, you can still use the old text commands if you prefer as they are still in. They just don't show in the emote window. If you type /emote to have the emote list, you will see the shortened names list for the buttons and the regular ones for text commands. So yes, that makes doublons but as both lists are ordered the same way, you can compare which button matches a specific command.

For the other changes, please read the change log below.

v2.3.0 (August 19, 2017)
    ===================

- Aligned to v395.17.3 client files. [Firebrand]
    - New Dragon emote! With Caprica agreement, Caprica's Rise Emote is now merged with Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack. You can now rise from your grave with style! [Caprica, Firebrand]
    - Emote commands revamp: command text has been modified to fit the emote window buttons. Unfortunately they are now more cryptic but you still can now what it does with tooltip while hovering your mouse. However old text command can be still used, but they won't show in the emote window. [Firebrand]
    - Emotes avec been re-ordered alphabeticaly. [Firebrand]
    - Male Dryad animations seemed to be broken at some point while reviewing files (I don't have a Dryad to test). It should work properly now. [Firebrand]
    - zf_standup and zf_sitdown emotes for Dragons have been removed. Those were part of v2.1 "The Lost Teasures" update that took many unused animations to create emotes. As these animations are now used for standard sit/stand, these emotes have lost their purpose and are now useless. [Firebrand]
    - Name changes: ride is now known as zf_ride and zf_provoke is now known as zf_taunt. [Firebrand]

As I now have a freshly ascended Adult Dragon, I can check better my pack. And I used him immediately for debugging. 2 bugs have been found and are now fixed.

v2.3.1 (August 31, 2017)
    ===================

- Fixed /zf_rise sound for Adult Dragon. [Firebrand]
    - Fixed /hop sound for Adult Dragon. [Firebrand] (error in Mod files, not official client)

For non installer version users, please run remove_useless_v2.3.0_files.bat file in your Istaria folder or it won't work properly.

Thread Information