Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter in Istaria

Default Winter in Istaria

It's getting colder and colder these days. People wrap themselves up in their blankets and dragons curl up together to keep themselves warm..
    Looks like winter is making its entrance once again.

Hmm. Just messing around with some of the shaders here. Thought I'd mess with them by turning Istaria into a winter wonder land. Making good progress so far but it still needs alot more testing in different areas.
    Anyways. Here are two screenies of my progress so far. Chiconis and Bristugo.. Winter style.

Default Re: Winter in Istaria

Wow Merc, you did an awsome work ! now hurry, I want a mod for the winter festival :P

Yay! So pretty! Good work Merc!

It certainly doesn't help that it's currently 12 degrees outside and 54 inside.... But wow! That looks amazing! I can't wait to be able to use it. You did an amazing job!

/em wonders when they'll introduce routine weather such as rain and thunderstorms

*shivrs and curls up in the deepest lava pool he can find*

Considering that it is dropping down below zero here tonight, if I wake up tomorrow and find snow outside of my lair, I ain't gonna be happy!

Nice job, btw. It looks good.

It looks really nice, I agree!

Guess we'll have to make some more bronze shovel to get the snow out of the way

Looks cool (in more than one way )

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Bah loving he mod like choclate covered gnomes !

The tazoon desert covered in snow would actually look funny

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Aaaaand 'eres the first version of the mod. There are a few bugs/flaws.. Might be able to work those out later on, maybe not.
    Be sure to read the readme file inside for installation instructions. (quickly written readme file. But it should be pretty easy to install anyways) Do let me know of any bugs you encounter.
    Enjoy

Clickmeh

Oh. another screenie. Just for the heck of it

Palmtrees in the snow..

I'd still like to see snow falling in Dralk. Not sticking, but falling. Maybe you can release two versions? I don't usually visit Dralk so the snowing in the lairs would not be a problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I'd still like to see snow falling in Dralk. Not sticking, but falling. Maybe you can release two versions? I don't usually visit Dralk so the snowing in the lairs would not be a problem for me.
    Head into the resources_override\definitions\regions folder, make a copy of regions_default.def and call that copy region_volcanic.def. Voila. Snow in dralk :P

I love it, Merc!

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

Love the mod

thank you
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Merc this is so awesome! I was in awe flying around the Novo Forest. It was love!

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

I remember once upon a time there was discussion of having assets re-organized and expanded to include seasons (or, more accurately, weather regions) in the file names, which would override defaults ... that way we could have invisible MOBs with weather regions attached to them that wandered around the world and altered the appearance of things as it went. (snow covered ground and trees, leaves turning brown from heat, dynamic blight...)

I wonder if that idea is still kicking around anywhere? :P It would certainly require a fair bit of coding, and even more artist time, but I'm willing to wager that there's several artists in the community willing to donate that time to generate weather/season specific textures...

...anyone remember who was messing about with a rain mod - any progress there..?

Old blind dwaggie, look a bit down in the forum

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=14443

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

That looks cold

Good job
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I want to install this, but only temporary, and I have too many mods to full scan it off. Suggestions?
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

Thread Information