Thread: Events?

Default Events?

Just curious when we will be seeing material added for characters with a rating greater than 50?
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Default Re: Events?

There has been quite a lot of material added, that covers ratings higher than 50.

Some of the boss mobs:

General Reklar
    Valkor the Impaler
    Son of Gigaroth

The most recent event mobs include the blighted hounds south of Harro.. There are many named mobs out in the world, including Mhedon, Thiselface (thornwood treant).. The list is too long to really post.

Is it that you're having trouble finding content that is higher than 50? Or are you seeking or requesting something in particular? Cause "higher than 50" is rather generalized, and there's a TON of things added since the pre-merger days, when lvl 80 animated marrow were the only things one could level up on.

-Menkure

Vengeance, do you mean upper tier III/lower tier IV? I know they've added a ton of low end material and as menkure mentioned quite a bit with high end. I think they're working their way up the different tiers of communities and that it will be a while before they get to the tier IV areas. At least, that's what some posts somewhere along the way sounded like to me, but I could be wrong. I'll be interested to see how the world develops too. :-)

I should have been more specific, I was refering to material and events being constructed by VI. With the exception of the blighted treants, the adventure quests have been lower tiered. I will restructure my question.

Are any new epic events being worked on or constructed by VI?
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Quote Originally Posted by Menkure View Post
    There has been quite a lot of material added, that covers ratings higher than 50.

Some of the boss mobs:

General Reklar
    Valkor the Impaler
    Son of Gigaroth

The most recent event mobs include the blighted hounds south of Harro.. There are many named mobs out in the world, including Mhedon, Thiselface (thornwood treant).. The list is too long to really post.

Is it that you're having trouble finding content that is higher than 50? Or are you seeking or requesting something in particular? Cause "higher than 50" is rather generalized, and there's a TON of things added since the pre-merger days, when lvl 80 animated marrow were the only things one could level up on.

-Menkure
    Holy geez Son of Gigeroth what have they done to them there camped so much its a rare to even get a glimpse of them .
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    I should have been more specific, I was refering to material and events being constructed by VI. With the exception of the blighted treants, the adventure quests have been lower tiered. I will restructure my question.

Are any new epic events being worked on or constructed by VI?
    I'd like to add that IF VI has the programming capability to add new content, I'd like to see T6 gem nodes added to the game.

I say 'IF' because so far we haven't really seen any new content. As I understand it, these events already existed in prior years, and anything we've seen have been tweaks and nerfs to the existing code structure.

The one new thing that was added, was the community on Drakul.

The community was patched in on Sept. 18th. I filed a ticket last week, and Reyem replied that there is no ETA on ever activating those lairs. So, they seem to have added a little content, but couldn't get it to work? Not a good sign for future development imho.
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

It's not that they do not know how it's that they do not have time I think. All the devs working for Vi are old Devs that use to work on the game but they all do it part time now. I.E. After work on thier lunch breaks at their day jobs and such. At least that is the way I understand it. I am not sure if there is any full time devs working on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermithraxx View Post
    <snip>
    ... o.o ... What do you define as "content"?
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

<snip> I say 'IF' because so far we haven't really seen any new content. As I understand it, these events already existed in prior years, and anything we've seen have been tweaks and nerfs to the existing code structure.
    Most of the Gnomekindle festival was brand new content. The wolves were resurrected and relocated, the blighted christmas treants spawns had to be redone although the mobs themselves were reused, the presents had to be recalibrated pricewise (I noticed they changed in price from two years ago), and one NPC was reusued for the event but given brand new dialogs and quests; all the rest was brand new as far as I know.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

As I understand it, these events already existed in prior years, and anything we've seen have been tweaks and nerfs to the existing code structure.
    I want to clarify because your understanding is incorrect. Both the Hammer's Rest and Gnomekindle events were new content. New artwork for both, new NPC's, new quests, new storyline, etc. The Gnomekindle event did make use of some of the more popular parts of the previous winter festival, as did the Hammer's Rest event for the fall festival. However, please note that bringing anything back that was used in the past still does require work on the part of the developer. You have to understand how it was used in the past, how to incorporate it in to the new event, or simply bring it back to active, as well as know how to work with the tools. For example, the treants used in Gnomekindle might look the same to most players, but they are very different, especially at high levels, than what they were in the past event. Had the treants used in the past event simply been placed somewhere as a spawn in the world, no one would have been able to through that area without a raid sized group at higher levels.

Yes, the content thus far has been open to all players, with nothing geared specifically toward one tier or another. The quests in the Gnomekindle event, for example, were structured to target the low to mid level characters purposely so as to not exclude anyone.

I do understand that high level players wish to have content geared specifically toward them, but I hope you can understand that for the first few months, many of us were learning to use tools we never had used before. It is considerably easier to learn how to design for lower tiered quests, monsters, etc, than it is to provide content for high level ones. Events in particular should include as many players as possible, not exclude them, too. Events are temporary things that everyone wants to have their own special story to tell about. Regular game content can be geared toward a specific group of players because there's no exclusion then. If someone is too low to participate when the content is added, they have a goal to get to. If someone is too high a level (though this is rare), they can create a new character to experience the new content.

Hopefully we (Virtrium that is) can strike a balance between both in the coming year. But it's all going to take time. (And yes, I realize even as I say that many of you have already been waiting a long time.)

I really think that it's mid level content that's missing the most. As new players start to get past their "baby" days where quest content is starting to look pretty good, they should have something to look forward.

I would like to see something like a Titus event (only with maybe some Titus Corporal leading an attack in Kion, a Titus Sergeant leading an attack in Chiconis, etc.), I don't know if it is something doable where there are attacks of armies/mobs concurrently across the tiers (i.e., multiple invasions at the same time in different locations, targeting different tiers), but that would be pretty cool.

I was wondering the other day how come these blighted treants aren't raiding the cities. Would be a simple way to use existing content to add some liveliness to the daily meanderings of everyone. And don't leave out new trismus either. I think it would be very exciting for a new player to be getting chased occasionally by a psycho Christmas (gnomekindle) tree. lol. Even if it was only every couple hours or something. But the ocassional, real, fright I think would be fun.

Toss in that tough named blighted treant too, where level appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    I really think that it's mid level content that's missing the most. As new players start to get past their "baby" days where quest content is starting to look pretty good, they should have something to look forward.
    I agree completely. I would think that content would get addressed by 'tier', starting at the bottom and working upwards as that's what your new players will be seeing.

The 'new player' experience in HZ has imporved greatly since I last played and I've seen a great deal of improvement on the 1-10 and 10-20 brackets in the game. But currently I've hit a point at 25 where it's gotten a bit grindy now and I'm biding my time till the 20-30 bracket gets looked at.

Don't get me wrong, there are still quests for me to do at 20-30, but they are essentially the same quests as 10-20, but with harder critters to kill... One can only rub out so much of the local wildlife before they go a bit psychotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeshlavik View Post
    .. I would think that content would get addressed by 'tier', starting at the bottom and working upwards as that's what your new players will be seeing.

The 'new player' experience in HZ has imporved greatly since I last played and I've seen a great deal of improvement on the 1-10 and 10-20 brackets in the game. But currently I've hit a point at 25 where it's gotten a bit grindy now and I'm biding my time till the 20-30 bracket gets looked at....
    That is what Tulga was doing. they revamped New trismus and lesser aradoth to cover levels 1 thru 20 approximately. The next planned area they had was Tier2, dalimond, etc. I believe Vitrium plans to continue that already in progress revamp, it's just time consuming with all the other fixes/events/confec revamp that is also going on.

Thread Information