Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food related quests

Default Food related quests

We know there are a number of quests in game that will need to be updated so they can be completed using the new confectioner recipes. While none of the quests will be completely "broken" because old formulas will still exist, our new players won't have the chance to get the old formulas, and thus we need to update quests if at all possible.

Please help us catch as many of these quests as possible by listing ones you can think of that somehow involve the use of food in some way.

Thanks in advance,
    Amarie

Default Re: Food related quests

Shining Blades quest needs old soups.

This is not a quest that requires food, but rather drops food forms:
    Hidden confectioner quests 1-4.

It would be nice if these form drops got replaced by the newer food forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    This is not a quest that requires food, but rather drops food forms:
    Hidden confectioner quests 1-4.

It would be nice if these form drops got replaced by the newer food forms.
    Yes, please! Would it also be possible to have those quests drop forms that you otherwise can't get? It's somewhat irritating to continually get copies of forms no one wants.

The parrot quest is already on the list and is being updated, um, right now.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

The famished miner at the granite up on Aughundell-mine
    Last edited by Galilee; February 20th, 2008 at 12:08 AM.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Not sure if its still in but Gangaf used to want meat pies.

old man jenkins wanted jerky or something
    not sure if it was gangaf or gregory (or both?) that had you get the confectioner in dalimond to make him some food too

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala
    Not sure if its still in but Gangaf used to want meat pies.
    He does, but I believe you had to get them from Julie and also talk to the connie in Dalimond for his unending insistence on being fed. Not sure if that would affect anything, as they are not player made foods you're bringing him.

Though it was mentioned on another thread, and not part of a quest, but an event...

How will this affect the festival formulas once clay is removed?
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Clay is not being removed Just none of the new formulas use it. I do not think they are removing the clay crafting skill from the game either as they said they would not completely remove the old formulas just that they would not be able to be gotten? I think.

Well if I read that post right, they are taking the skill used to harvest clay away from the confectioners so they can't use making the clay items as a way to lvl up.

I want to make my cookies dang it! -is still very pissed over this issue-

Not exactly, Trieah. Making clay cookware will no longer give XP, but to the best of my knowledge, you'll still be able to make all the cookware you want. You simply won't advance off of it.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Well thank you for clearing that up. At least now I can enjoy the rest of my day.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Not exactly, Trieah. Making clay cookware will no longer give XP, but to the best of my knowledge, you'll still be able to make all the cookware you want. You simply won't advance off of it.
    Maybe I've not understood this correctly - but if you don't need clay to do confectioner - then you won't get clayworking skill by raising confectioner - which means that a L100 confectioner still ill not be able to make the festival cookies without another class - at least that is how I would read it.

You keep the earthenware skill, but when you make a clay pot, etc. you get 0 xp for it. They are not taking away your skill or any forms you have scribed for clay items. The old formulas will remain unchanged and will still require clay.

Not requiring a specific resource has no relation to whether you get X amount of a skill per level. Example: not a single resource or form requires the Dowsing skill, but the skill is still gained.

Drev

The question that is raised here is:

Will a confectioner still get points in Earthencraft per level even though the skill is no longer going to be needed?

If per level your earthencraft no longer gains points, then making festival treats at higher levels will be impossible for people who are not at maximum level yet.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

The way I understand what Drevar said, yes, you still get x points (currently 10) of earthencraft skill per level of CNF.

Well I have few knowledge in biped craft, and I was wondering, is there another class that gets earthencraft skill points per level ?
    Last edited by Zexoin; February 22nd, 2008 at 08:48 AM. Reason: spelling again >.>

Ok, folks, let's get this thread back on topic for Amarie and the developers. This isn't about what skills a confectioner will get in the new system, or earthencraft, etc. It's about what quests need to be updated. And someone pointed out the special occassion formulas, so they can catch those too.

Let's get it back on topic now.

Thanks

Thread Information