Thread: Marcus Quest in Kion

Default Marcus Quest in Kion

The reward from the second quest you get from Marcus in Kion the "Merrasats Bountful Embrance" is not usable for Dragons. I tried to apply it on a unteched scale, claw, spell, scalepack and cargo disk but got multiple times the message the tech cannot be dragged on the item. So huh? I'm a bit grumpy now because also the npc didnt give me a information for what the tech is exactly, neither it doesn't have a description to it. (I did the quest on my hatchie again to test the tech out because i didnt want to waste the tech, after 3 days of crafting to lvl 18 I was happy to finish the quest and try the tech out but no claw/scale worked with it, neither with a scalepack or cargo disk.)

A biped told me that the tech goes on biped jewely, well you gonna change this that dragons also can apply it on a scale or claw?

Also the quest from the Miner near the kion volcane needs to be improved, Gerix says for what the tech is he hands you out "Verdean-Tipped Technique" (it will improve mining on a pick or claw) but the tech itself has no description, it should have one.
    Last edited by Takora Drakan; April 20th, 2008 at 08:49 PM.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Default Re: Marcus Quest in Kion

i wondered what that went on! it's in my inventory and the various items i've tried did not work. it'd be really helpful to have a more descriptive bit about what it can go on.

i have another mystery tech in my inventory too, the verdean tipped tech? what can i use that on, and what exactly does it do?

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post

i have another mystery tech in my inventory too, the verdean tipped tech? what can i use that on, and what exactly does it do?
    That one goes on a mining pick.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

ah, thanks! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post

Goes on a Mining pick or dragon claw and enhanches the mining skill.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

The tech you get from Marcus' quest is only usable on a head scale. And FYI, there is a version for Dragons and one for Bipeds and they have the same name.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The tech you get from Marcus' quest is only usable on a head scale. And FYI, there is a version for Dragons and one for Bipeds and they have the same name.
    But what does it DO?
    I've tried the tech on various jewelry with no results.
    I've asked in MP what it was for, but at the times I asked, noone present knew.

It's really very aggrevating having this tech with no explanation of what it's for or where to use it.

The dragon version of Bountiful Embrace goes on Head scale. The biped on bracelets. It is +focus, +power. The npc tells you this in the quest

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

The dragon version of Bountiful Embrace goes on Head scale. The biped on bracelets. It is +focus, +power. The npc tells you this in the quest
    I did the quest twice and the npc didnt tell me what the tech does, he only told me that the tech is "quite useful" but nothing more regarding the tech.

Would be quite useful if you can add a description to the tech, like you on the other quest techs did.

Well what do you expect from a Naka, Takora? He probably doesn't even know what it does himself.

I'll have to do the quest again on another character, but I don't remember any dialog about where to put the tech or what it does.

There is not anything in the quest (that I could find).

However, the item itself should say
    The embrace of Merrassat, the goddess of knowledge and wisdom, can be added to your head scale. Gives a +3 bonus to Power and Focus.
    I literally just looked it up.

The one for Dragon may say this, but not the one for Bipeds. I've looked at that description several times. When I get a chance to log in later, I'll see what it does say.

I was able to log in and check these techs:

Merrasats Bountiful Embrace
    Drag onto an item to apply
    Attuned
    Bulk 1
    Verdean-Tipped Technique
    Drag onto an item to apply
    Attuned
    Bulk 1
    Both of these were obtained as a Saris.

I'm not sure what the restrictions are on Merrasats Bountiful Embrace , but I can't add the tech to a Mithril Focus Bracelet. Error message is simply, "Merrasats Bountiful Embrace cannot be applied to Mithril Focus Bracelet"

As a side not:
    "The embrace of Merrasat, the goddess of knowledge and wisdom..."

I had assumed this was a tech from the same person as 'Merrasat's Gem' which was obtained from the Saris, Merrasat - Jolan's friend. Maybe Jolan's friend was named after the goddess? Maybe I just have the name wrong?
    Last edited by GalemThawn; April 21st, 2008 at 03:12 PM.

Velea can't read patch notes :P I added a description last night.

Thank you for the fast bug fix!

nm... heh, found it.
    Last edited by Weston; September 22nd, 2008 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Stupid Question resolved.
    100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

Thread Information