Thread: Just a question?

Default Just a question?

Old school Horizons Beta tester here. They ever fix the client's lag to make it playable? Do you still run into invisble mobs? I mean, do you find yourself running down the road and fall over dead then the mobs appear over your body?

Just wondering I used to love this game.

Default Re: Just a question?

Well, I'm playing in acceptable comfort with high settings on a mediocre computer, therefore it is playable.

As for spawn lag, that still exists but it doesn't work the way you describe, in my experience, instead it means in effect that what you can't see can't hurt you. For example, I ran through the ED to Draak without a scratch except from fast-spawning blight hounds because everything else spawned too slowly to react before I got past. They're experimenting with a fix, though; some of the spawns near Dalimond have been sped up.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Scarn_de_Diabolic means something different, Xoshara. There use to be a lot of server lag. So much so that at times you could run down the road, and mobs would spawn and attack you while you ran, but you wouldn't see it on your client. You'd just be running merrily along and then BAM, you're dead. Then the server would catch your client up, and you'd see your dead body get hit 20 times and all the mobs that were hitting you would materialize around you. Not fun.

That doesn't happen anymore.

What you're describing is the delay in spawns when a player runs through an area. I can't remember the exact reason, but I think this was put in place to keep the number of spawned mobs down. Every spawned mob places stress on the server, so fewer mobs at any given time = faster server responses for other things.

Not to mention easier travels. Like to Draak through the ED.

I'm glad they fixed that lag problem. That would have been downright awful to deal with, if not simply frustrating. Especially with DPs worth a bit more now than they were when that problem was around.

I remember what you are talking about Scarn, that doesn't happen anymore...
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Just to sum it all up: It ain't perfect, but it sure is better. Game is going strong against all odds, and we're still enjoying ourselves.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

When you do come back, Scarn, you'll notice a few things.

Spawn areas are empty upon entry. The server is waiting to see whether or not you'll be in the spawn region long enough to require said spawns. Once you are, they start showing up. It's sort of like waiting for long-lost friends at home. Close to the time that they're supposed to arrive, do you go out with your entire family and crowd the driveway or parking spaces? No. You wait for them to arrive and possibly even get out of their vehicles before mobbing them. Similar logic.

They're still revising this as it does tend to make the world seem a bit too empty.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

*waves at Scarn and then digs around in his pack looking for the bells and whistles* I know I've got them here somewhere....
    Drasdil Redin
    100 Paladin
    Order Shard

I haven't had that happen since late 2006.
    I suddenly died and Thistleface appeared. I guess he had hit me repeatedly. The system message was, "Thistleface hit you for 30,000 damge". (slightyly over 30k, but I don't remember the exact number.)

Thread Information