Thread: They nerfed my cargo disk!

Default They nerfed my cargo disk!

I am mad as Hell. I worked my butt off so I could use a Deluxe Standish Disk. The develpers decided to blight thornwood, the relinquished and put some few unblighted thornwoods in game. I run all over the mountain searching for them relieved only by having a disk that doesn't slow me down. Now I log in and find my disk speed of 52 is dropped to 37. Someone pointed out that it now ports, Woopee. If I wanted porting I'd use a Tarbash. I wanted a disk that didn't slow me down to a crawl. Thanks so very much for making things more of a drag. Signed, One Very Unhappy Camper.

Default Re: They nerfed my cargo disk!

Does it say speed of 32 or speed -32? If its saying -32 that means that its only taking 32 points off your speed. Rather than droping you down to a set speed.

Yep, as Tcei pointed out, it should reduce your speed by an amount, not cap it at an amount any longer. I can't remember off hand what the various disks at various tiers do, and I don't know what tier you're using anyway. But if your speed is being capped, then there is a bug with the particular line of disk you're using. Best way to check is to have someone give you a speed buff, or otherwise increase your speed above normal. See if it remains the same (capped) or if it goes up (reduced).

The disk reduces my speed by 23. that may work for a disk which was slow to begin with but is whacked for the Standish. I have to wonder if the developers even looked at it's speed beforehand. One would need a base speed of 85 to get the same as old. I haul travertine all the way to Morning Light and search the mountains for thornwood. This is going to slow things way down. The Deluxe Standish was the top of the line for speed. It requires lvl 100 in current craft (was for gatherers and miners only at one time). This made it something to look forward to but now that is gone.
    Last edited by Krystine; May 23rd, 2008 at 02:29 AM. Reason: afterthought

Speed techs plus Gift of Speed will give you a sustained speed of 72. To be at speed 52 after the -23 reduction, you need to be at speed 75. You are losing 3 points of speed. If you use a Quickstep potion, you will have a sustained speed, after reduction, of 60 or 62 (If I did the math right ), plus you will be able to sprint, which you could not do before.

With the right buffs and potions, you can go far faster than you could previously. If you choose not to avail yourself of those options, that is not a design issue with the disk.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

The point is that i had a disk which made little change in my speed. It was Deluxe and special. I will have to compare my other disks to see if the Deluxe Standish has lost it's advantages. I'm just getting really frustrated and am losing interest in the game. Once we were fighting the WA, now it seems like we are fighting the developers more. I have tried real hard to be nice and do appreciate having developers working on the game. However they are many of the same folks who have made changes I frowned on in the past. I could just suck it up and say nothing but decided to use the rant portion of forums to vent. When they posted asking about cargo disks I mentioned about how I was happy with my disk. So what did they do?

Just calmed myself to log back in and look at stats for other disks. The deluxe disk has a speed reduction of -23, that is the same as the standish deluxe which used to be double the speed of the normal deluxe. Now both disks have the same stack limit, bulk limit, and speed. May as well just eliminate the standish since it is now nerfed down the the normal.

But the Standish disk can be teleported with.... deluxe disk can't.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Movement Crystals are also now of much more use.
    Granted, they don't give you a lot, but they can help.

Dim Crystal of Movement is +3 Speed
    Pale Crystal of Movement is +5 Speed

I think that's +1 Speed above the same tier as Gift of Speed.
    I've heard of someone having a Glowing Crystal of Movement. I don't know if anyone has anything higher.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Thread Information