Thread: Sounds for Saris actions

Default Sounds for Saris actions

It's funny, but I'm wondering why the Saris actions sound more like pigs? Is there a way to change the sounds or make it so it's more cat-like? Eg. Growling instead of grunting when using items for example. I love playing my Saris, but I'm wondering about the sounds they make.

Thanks!

Karya

Default Re: Sounds for Saris actions

Lol I agree with you there Karya, they sound aweful IMO. This is why I made mine a mage ;P . She doesn't grunt like a pig while casting spells. ^^ If you find a way to change the sound tell me will you? Hehe.

The kitty goes meow! not oink!

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Karya View Post
    It's funny, but I'm wondering why the Saris actions sound more like pigs? Is there a way to change the sounds or make it so it's more cat-like? Eg. Growling instead of grunting when using items for example. I love playing my Saris, but I'm wondering about the sounds they make.

Thanks!

Karya
    if you find the sounds, I'll gladly make this for you

something like that maybe ?

Actually the grunt sound the Saris make is akin to sounds a "Large" wild cat would make, but the way the sound byte plays it, sounds like a pig.

I have heard lions and tigers make that sound, but clipping just one part of their growling like that doen't do it justice.

I will google something as I am not going to the local zoo and walk up to a lion or tiger and ask them to speak into the microphone...

http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/th...ats/sounds.htm
    Last edited by Justa Mirage; May 28th, 2008 at 02:26 PM.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I've heard the tigers at the Denver zoo make 'coughing' noises like that, but, as Justa said, the sound file doesn't do it justice.

For that matter, I'd love to hear a Sslik battle cry that sounded like a velociraptor...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I got a bunch of velo sounds on my pc

I can zip them and sent to you LO or Zex if you want to build it in the game or make a mod.

Whaever i zipped them and uploaded them =P

http://home.arcor.de/takora/Horizons/Sound/Raptor.rar have fun with them

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

What do you think of that ?

It sounds like somebody pulled my tail.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

My poor aged house cat just about suffered apoplexy hearing the first of your two clips, Zex. Guess I should have used headphones instead of speakers, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    What do you think of that ?
    That would fit for /roar or /growl ^^ (maybe also warcry, but for warcry would be a lion roar better)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I can't listen to the sounds while I'm at work, but any sounds you'd want to use in a mod pack should be either owned by you, demonstraby in the public domain, or available for licensing.

That darn Berne Convention again....
    Last edited by LaughingOtter; May 28th, 2008 at 07:12 PM.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    I can't listen to the sounds while I'm at work, but any sounds you'd want to use in a mod pack should be either owned by you, demonstraby in the public domain, or available for licensing.

That darn Bern Convention again....
    meh... >.>

here's the website licence. Just making sure I can use those sounds ; could you confirm this LO ?

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    That would fit for /roar or /growl ^^ (maybe also warcry, but for warcry would be a lion roar better)
    Somehow I don't see Saris as being able to produce a lion's roar...maybe thier rumble-close to a dragon's growl, but that cougar noise I do like ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    meh... >.>

here's the website licence. Just making sure I can use those sounds ; could you confirm this LO ?
    No, me not a lawyer. Thanks for linking that, though.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Oh, I like those wildcat sounds. That's what I always imagined a saris should sound like that, or something close to that anyway.

Thread Information