Thread: looking for help or suggestions on how to get the agh convert to work

Default looking for help or suggestions on how to get the agh convert to work

ok I'm pretty new at modding and I tried to get the agh convert command to work after I looked up what to do, I modded my command_player def exactly as one of the thread's suggested to do. I logged back into istaria and typed in /aghconvert and it said there was no maco for it, does anyone have any suggestions on what to do next?
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.-Ralph Waldo Emerson

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: looking for help or suggestions on how to get the agh convert to work

I can't really help you unless I look at your commands_player file. Mind sending it via mediafire or the forum so I can scroll through it and check if it works?

Most importantly though, do you have any commands_player in your resources override folder already? Any emote mod, set scale, etc will be in your resources_override as "Commands_Player.def". This will override any modifications you've done to your Commands_Player.def in the original folder that it's in. Also if you have it in your original folder, it might be overwrote every patch, but I'm not entirely sure with that.

Default Re: looking for help or suggestions on how to get the agh convert to work

ok srry about that I ment to do that but forgot I do have setscale and a emote mod. here is the link https://www.mediafire.com/?nsnrxnoo7u7ay5a thanks a lot for your help ^^
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Two things I noticed, the first simply being it's a text file, though you may have saved it in that format to upload it, in which case ignore that comment. But I think the problem is you've closed the brackets a smidge too early. Lines 947 and 948 close off the brackets from lines 5 and 7. I suggest deleting those two brackets (947, 948), and add two more at the end. Fingers crossed that's all it is. Good luck!
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

thanks for helping I did what u suggested and still not working and ya I loaded that up as a txt file for dl heres the new one maybe u can point out exactly what your talking about or if u have a working player_command def file that I could look at? thxs again for your help.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/nsnrxn...player.def.txt

Change line 971 to a closing bracket As much fun as it's not, you'll have to go through and make sure all the brackets are opened and closed as expected. Specifically, looking at:

//resets the sound manager if sound stops working
    { <~~ This one is opened, but I don't see the close. I would have expected a close just after the int numParams line
    string name = "soundReInit"
    int numParams = 0

//purgeTextures
    {

string name = "purgeTextures"
    string abbrev = "purgeTex"
    string usage = "[no parameters]"
    string description = "Purges all texture and image resources for immediate reloading."
    }

//aghConvert
    {

string name = "aghConvert"
    string abbrev = "agh"
    string usage = ""
    string description = "Converts an image to AGH format"
    int numParams = 1
    int minParams = 0
    }

}

{ <~~ change that to a close bracket

So if you add a close bracket after the int numParams line and change the very lat bracket to a close bracket, then they should all line up. Assuming this is a copy in the resources_override folder, double check it against the original and try follow the brackets to make sure they make sense.

Unfortunately, I don't have internet at home at the moment (just moved house), so I can't really help a whole lot. Hopefully Rak might have some other clues.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

tyvm it actually worked when I changed those two lines as you suggested again ty for your help

ok another ? were exactly does it go cause it says when I convert the file.. example: Converting starpawsbody.png, saving to resources_override\textures_agh\starpawsbody.agh.. . but when I look for the file in the resources override/textures_agh folder it doesn't exist is there a way to get it to save on ur desktop

It depends which server board I think is which.

You can't get it to save on your desktop but it should save into the same folder that you have the image file in to convert initially, usually as "<filename>.png.agh" or something similar, or "<filename>.agh.agh"

Also sorry for not looking at the file even though I asked for it, I completely forgot I posted here.

Thread Information