Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So now we are closing rant threads ??

Default So now we are closing rant threads ??

It seems that the cabal of relatives and employees and game players has gotten out of control.

Now you want to censor anyone who licks you in an argument. I have been looking at the threads. One of you gets in a disagreement and the cabal of the same people piles on. Then that cabal just asks for the thread to be closed and miraculously it happens.

Now other players have been telling me about posts that magically vanish if people from a certain guild are criticized or even refuted. Those in the cabal say whatever they wish and others get censored.

Time to start some fan forums.

You people I am talking about - the employees and their relatives and friends who play, are trailer parking the game with this behavior. How long do you think you can act this way before IGN or other gaming sites start to notice and start writing about it?

Default Re: So now we are closing rant threads ??

How long? Maybe 1 hour before this is closed?

actually most posts get closed because they violate the forum rules. (whether or not some cabal has anything to do with it, I cannot say)
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Hi TJL :-)

I didnt break any forum rules in the rant thread that was closed - I am a nice person who was punished for posting a request for email and than was misunderstood on a simple word of encouragement. If you look at the thread you will see that part of the cabal asked that the thread be closed and it was. When I signed into the game many people sent me tells saying that they were surprised that a simple request for email in game was met with such a vitrioloc reaction from the cabal who all piled on. Some believe that the new devs just dont know how to do it :-( but who knows if that is true or not.

I like the whole idea and concept of Istaria allot. It is a shame that Istaria was not served better :-(.

Quote Originally Posted by Seenu View Post
    Hi TJL :-)

I didnt break any forum rules in the rant thread that was closed - I am a nice person who was punished for posting a request for email and than was misunderstood on a simple word of encouragement. If you look at the thread you will see that part of the cabal asked that the thread be closed and it was.

Amazing.
    No, you were quite rude, despite this innocent picture you try to paint. "Idiotic Moron" comes to mind. Or "I'm not apoligizing" after several players tried telling you it was a matter of courtesey. Or how about when someone tried telling you reasons players were trying to tell you it was about being polite with "Don't get offended"

On another subject, is this your first MMO? Or first MMO forum boards? Usually threads not contributing to gameplay or otherwise gets out of control/wildly OT are often locked/deleted. This is nothing new and it's not "OMG EVERYONE'S OUT TO GET ME!"

It's just standard practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    No, you were quite rude, despite this innocent picture you try to paint. "Idiotic Moron" comes to mind. Or "I'm not apoligizing" after several players tried telling you it was a matter of courtesey. Or how about when someone tried telling you reasons players were trying to tell you it was about being polite with "Don't get offended"

On another subject, is this your first MMO? Or first MMO forum boards? Usually threads not contributing to gameplay or otherwise gets out of control/wildly OT are often locked/deleted. This is nothing new and it's not "OMG EVERYONE'S OUT TO GET ME!"

It's just standard practice.

If you look at the moronic trolls comment - someone posted a nice idea and trolls trashed the guy for no reason - so what I said was obviously tongue and cheek and in support of a nice guy who was guilty of posting nothing more than a nice idea.

Shian - context matters - its one of those little things that you have a tendancy to leave out. And now we are in the rants section where people can talk about anything pretty much - I mean - thats why it says Rants -

So please tell me Shian - all the ways that I am horrible and rude and mean /giggles :-) ....but you better be nice - Or I may dare to ask for in game mail again!!

OOOOHHHHH I am part of a cabal now sweet when do we get to sacrifice a goat or something?

One comment before now..... well really up on till now I should say maybe, you are the only person calling people troll and other names. So to me that is being rude and investing in an emotional respounces doing such.

Mods sorry *Holds out hand* I can not help it I have never gotten to use this before and figured I should break it out at least once.

Dear: Seenu

[ ] Clueless Newbie
    [ ] Loser
    [ ] AOL-er
    [ ] 12 year old
    [x] Troll
    [ ] Pervert
    [ ] Geek
    [ ] Spammer
    [ ] Wannabe
    [ ] Asskisser
    [ ] l337 d00d
    [x] Flamer
    [ ] Whiner
    [ ] Other:

You Are Being Flamed Because

[ ] You posted a .99999... = 1 thread
    [ ] You posted a Release Date thread
    [ ] You posted a Patch thread
    [ ] You posted a PC vs Mac thread
    [ ] You posted a System Specifications thread
    [ ] You posted a ( Insert Random RPG ) vs a ( Insert Random Unrelated Game) thread
    [ ] You posted a big slobbery kiss on NetDevil/NCSoft butt
    [ ] You continued a long, stupid thread
    [ ] You committed crimes against pork by-products
    [ ] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message
    [ ] You posted a my class sucks *cry* thread
    [ ] You haven't read the stickies
    [ ] You don't know which forum to post in
    [ ] You just plain suck
    [ ] You posted false information
    [ ] You posted something totally uninteresting
    [ ] You double posted
    [ ] YOU POSTED A MESSAGE ALL WRITTEN IN CAPS
    [ ] You posted racist crap
    [x] I don't like your tone of voice
    [x] You are not civilized enough to post in these forums
    [ ] Yuo mispeled evry sengle wurd

In Punishment, You Must:

[x] Give up your AOL Internet account
    [ ] STFU & GTFO
    [ ] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor
    [x] Actually post something relevant
    [ ] Read the f****** FAQ
    [ ] Go to your room with no supper
    [x] Apologize to everybody on this forum
    [ ] Go stand in the middle of a Highway
    [ ] Recite the Greek alphabet backwards
    [ ] Take a bath in bleach
    [ ] Drink out of a spittoon
    [ ] All of the above

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:

[ ] Blow me
    [ ] Get a life
    [ ] Never post again
    [ ] I pity your dog
    [ ] Go to Hell
    [ ] Your IQ must be 7
    [x] Take your rejection somewhere else
    [ ] STFU & GTFO
    [x] Learn to post
    [ ] Go jump into some industrial equipment
    [ ] All of the above
    [ ] IBTL
    ==============================================

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

omg deth - can't i get one of those? PAHLEEZE??!!!!!!1111@@@!!!!

i resolve to not get further involved in seenu's little thing s/he has to get out of whatever system, and you guys (the funny ones, not seenu by any means) keep sucking me back in!!

i would get offended if it wasn't so hilarious......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Wow where did you get that Deth ?
    And you've been nice, I'd have checked quiet a few more boxes :P

1. I agree that in-game email is always a good idea.
    2. I disagree that it should have any priority whatsoever.
    3. I agree that "Get it done!" was a poor choice in words.
    4. I agree that getting that upset at "Get it done!" was pathetic.
    5. I disagree that any cabal exists. (Though I guess I'm biased since at one point I was in a "Secret Cabal".)
    6. I disagree that Seenu deserves a checkbox letter.
    7. I agree that Seenu needs to let it go.
    8. I agree that Seenu is bringing much of this upon himself by posting a response to a closed thread that was a response to a closed thread.
    9. I agree that this is the last comment about this silly argument.

Nuh-uh!!

Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Well as someone currently in the process of leaving istaria, im not sure i should be weighing in on this, and certainly hope it doesnt affect my being to return later.

The thread in question was plenty rude on both sides of that one, as this one will as well without closing it. Why in our community we all rave about as being the best in mmos , has this forum become so nasty is my question to both sides.

That being said whether a communication breakdown or whatever, i believe that amonsgt segment of player base there is believe that the forum has somewhat taken of a " your either with us or against us attitude", with dissenting views quickly labeled heresy.

Just an opinion and to quote "can't we all just get along" Rodney King

I really got saddened to see WoW forums quality posting and answers (including the WoW pre-made checkboxes reply post).

In other boards, talking (expecially in an offensive way) about locked threads means to be instantly banned.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I forget where I found it. But what I posted is it so just copy it like I did when I first found it. And I hope that Seenu knows it was a good natured poke at him to deflate his ego a little. If I really meant it I would have picked a few more choicer tick boxes.

Gee look its all the same people again posting thier venom at me....

Thanks for confirming what so many players have already figured out is true. You all did exactly what I was hoping that you would do :-)

/hugs and kisses... Seenu

*hugs seenu* No problem dear ^_^

Wink Re: So now we are closing rant threads ??

Lets see if this post makes it past .........

I am very surprised at how heavily moderated this forum is. It is the most censored forum I've have ever participated in.

Rules to follow when posting here. (if you want your voice heard).

1. NEVER NEVER criticize the game or the company!
    2. NEVER assume you can argue (and get away with it) with the long time regular posters.
    3. Make sure to coat your post with as much over the top sweetness as possible when criticizing anything or anyone.

Disclaimer: This post is not attacking, flaming, or baiting any one here. This is my perception of the mechanics of this forum and no more negative than any other post content i have seen. This may be my last post due to the point system for bad kids they have here. Funny thing is i have never been reprimanded in any of the bazillion forum discussion in the last 15 years I've participated in.

Amazing how this game/community has changed in the last 2 years (and i know, I've been around since beta) and not in an attractive way.

Quote Originally Posted by Seenu View Post
    Gee look its all the same people again posting thier venom at me....

Thanks for confirming what so many players have already figured out is true. You all did exactly what I was hoping that you would do :-)

/hugs and kisses... Seenu
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviendeha
    This may be my last post due to the point system for bad kids they have here. Funny thing is i have never been reprimanded in any of the bazillion forum discussion in the last 15 years I've participated in.
    Can a public explanation of the posting demerit system be made? There is no explanation behind what the points mean, expiration of said points, etc.

Thread Information