Thread: Gerix, dragon npc in Kion

Default Gerix, dragon npc in Kion

i get few of those quests, but one i am still stuck and i think it is bugged.

i deleted 3-4 times and rechecked my inventory pack.

i didnt get "bronze-sandstone" scale recipes to make "armor wing", i made 5 bronze wing scales and no update, and tried sandstone wing scales, and still no update.
    Gerix said in chat text, saying I will give you a formula to make.
    so i checked my pack and recipe skill list, nothing.

i personally feel it is poorly planned, and quest journal is too vague. it raised too many questions and got very little answers, and those lore tokens is very hard to replace and i tried mob camping and only get 2-3 lore tokens per hour while there is over hundreds of skills need to upgraded and bounty markers are easier to replace.
    it isnt easy to restock lore tokens quick enough if you keep getting wrong recipes or wrong techniques when buying.

please help out and fix broken recipe quest, and those quartermasters and craftmasters need more streamlined for easier to notice what is quest recipes or vendor recipes.
    i even check "tiers" but that whole another story.

i even got confused with Dragon Breath 1 and Breath of Fire 1, and which is craft spell or combat spell or passive skill.

Default Re: Gerix, dragon npc in Kion

Breath of fire comes with the dragon automatically and is an ability. You have breath of fire at the start. Check your ability list on your character card.

Don't know much about the wing quest as I have not seen it. It may have been something released after I went through Gerix training.

Check your pack for a formula to "scribe" into your knowledge book for making a Bronze-Sandstone wing scale (Yes you need both bronze and sandstone for armor scales, but not crafting scales)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

What does your quest log say? If your required to make something it should be listed there.

nevermind, i found out why later on with other players.

i dont know why i get this Marcus-Gerix scale crafting quest and i wasnt suppose to get this little early at low level, so i had to level up few crafting ranks to unlock at 160.
    no wonder why i had trade menu settings for only requirements to meet, that why i didnt see full formula list and tiers.

anyway, sorry, and it was indeed a deep learning curve which that take me few days.
    now i know and learn from my mistakes.
    the vendor settings was just thrown me off when i had requirements to avoid those i cant use until more experienced, i was so used to Eq2 and LotRO settings, that i could see 'red-lighted' items is off-limit for low level players.

that all for now, except, i am starving for beginner Imperial Lore Tokens, the drops is way too rare.

On low level (or higher too) you should do craft quests for the lore tokens, not to be dependent on the loot drop.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Yes i am not sure if the New Tris craft masters offer task for tokens. I know the Dralk and Chiconis ones will.

that all for now, except, i am starving for beginner Imperial Lore Tokens, the drops is way too rare.
    Those items are a random drop but also a sure reward for doing repeatable craft quests. Basically you are "pushed" at doing the latter, the former is just a "plus".

What I find totally confusing - not just a steep learning curve - are the "transitions" from trainer islands to an hard to see and talk to NPC in mainland.

The transition becomes even harder when a newbie is supposed to know about i.e. going Tazoon south NPC etc, when nothing hints at it.

While I find it good that the game is not a total giveaway a-la WoW, there are some things that are really nowhere to be found in instructions, quest texts andare invisible, hence new players will never know about them unless told by random chance.

I.e. if you see someone with an "unknown" cargo disk, you can ask him the whole steps to get it. But if you are supposed to get some item none else can see, the new player won't see it used by anyone, he'll just not know it exists. Later on, at level 60, will randomly learn off a chat that in 2004 players knew about doing X and Y to get Z, intended for level 20.

The above has a consequence I read in a recurring way: new players complaining how "there are no quests" or "there's nothing to do", while the content is here, just way "concealed". Some new players will open up and ask for information, others will discard the game, which is a pity.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information