Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Istaria Wiki

Default Re: Istaria Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    Reminder that people with good screenshot skills would probably find LOTS to keep them busy in the wiki. And it's not hard at all-- if I can reverse-engineer a whole page, most people can probably figure out how to stick in nice little screenshots of monsters and places and people and things.

>.>
    <.<

/shameless plug
    In fact, many pages already have unresolved links to images.

If you need help with any pages you try to work on, you can use the discussion page for the problem page to ask how to handle things.
    Members of The Eyes of Istaria on Chaos; Swordmage on the Wiki.
    Bipeds: Gwendora and Flinq Armstrong
    Dragon: Gildenstern

In a moment of boredom I have created a Wikia page attempting to explain the usage of hotkeys.

If people would be willing to check it out and make changes were needed it would be much appreciated.

http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Hotkeys

Apart from the above link it can also be reached through the player guides.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Hi folks,

RL has finally stopped beating me savagely and I now find some time all to myself. Which means I'm back again. For the third time. And happy to be back!

Performing some spring-cleaning of the Wiki, updated most of the NPCs in Aughundell and also fleshed out the Master Formulas page to identify requirements and which NPCs hold the goodies - thanks to the folks on MarketPlace and New Player for filling in the gaps.

Stay tuned good people, more to follow... if there are any areas that need immediate attention, please lmk

Quick thankyou to bristugo.com for hosting the Map Pack too - hooray! I'm not lost any more!
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

I've been working on a guide to the dalimond quest line, so I'll update the wiki with the details on those quests, obtainable emblems and techs sometime.

Lovely! Thanks Rune You probably already know, but there are templates available from the front page that will help you fill in the bits you need to. This will ensure that the Quests show up on their respective pages - the Wiki automatically categorises the quests into their proper location based on the info you add to the new page.
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

I've filled the weapons a little bit.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

thanks a lot , Ter!!!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

the weapons category page got filled too
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Thanks. With all the changes recently and still to come, keeping up to date has been difficult for this old gnome.

Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    Order

The tools section got overhauled, too

I've filled machines with some more informations, would be great if some crafter can take a look onto the skills, I don't have all schools achieved yet and I'm sure there will be the one or other skill wrong and/or missing.

UPDATE:

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Lightbulb Re: Istaria Wiki

UPDATE:

• Technique Kits have been completely overhauled. Alot of details were added and alot of missing abilities were added. Have fun looking into it and quest them!
    • Creature pages completely overhauled! Infact this was a chos and we managed to make them straight and unified. Reading through them has become easier. Also, each creature enlists the quests it is involved into. As a side effect, the wiki comitters should be able to edit much easier for future changes. However, alot of monsters still did not find their way to the wiki yet.
    • Creature Types completely overhauled. Each creature type (ex. Oastic, Golem, Zombie) got it's own overview page now, enlisting all available creatures, split up in common and named creatures. A nice gallery may be found there, aswell

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

They look great. Thanks for all the hard work you, Kida and Terao (and anyone else not mentioned) put in the past few months. I know almost every single page had to be painfully and manually updated with new templates. Quite a chore. I know the community certainly appreciates it
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Figured I should give a recent update on Wiki matters since I've been working on the wiki extensively for the past couple of days, mostly due to having more free time on my hands than usual (yay for procrastinating on college work!)

• I removed Creature Type pages, since they were rather redundant, with the individual Creature Type categories showing almost the same exact information. Same with the "Creatures" page. All information for creatures as a whole is found in the Creatures category and its sub-categories, and the navigation menu has been changed to reflect this. Still need to do some minor beauty-related edits to these categories, and once all creatures have an image on their page, the categories will look a lot better than they do now. I'm still mentally juggling the pros and cons of having large tables (like the ones seen here) that display all the information of a creature type in the category pages themselves. If anyone wants to find level and health ranges at the current moment, they would have to go to the individual pages for creatures (which I figure, if someone is hunting something specific, they would just search up the name of said creature right off the bat).
    • I'm in the process of revamping item pages so that all items and equipment, including armor, weapons, formulas, etc. all use a master infobox template (the template work-in-progress can be found here, with some slightly weird source code because I took this one from a template I made on another wiki) instead of the dozen or so templates scattered about. I've already revamped Hoard Item pages to give an example of the new template in action (good example here). The new template automatically adds categories and details based on the user inputs. For another example of how it works, setting an Item's subtype to "Legacy" inserts the old legacy popup into the box, so there's no separate template needed (example here).
    • Related to the item templates, I've also added more detailed information on the Tiers in the game. Tiers now have their own categories, with items' tier inputs reflecting the tier of the monster they drop from. So for example, Hoard Items that drop from enemies over level 100 are put into the Tier VI Item category.
    • Once I get the Item template fully functional, I'll probably implement a similar one for monsters. The current templates function decently for monsters, so it's an idea that's on the backburner for now.
    • Currently in the process of changing category names to be more grammatically correct and uniform (Broken to Broken Items, Hoard Treasures to Hoard Items, Resource to Resources, etc), since I plan for categories to be the main navigation method for someone browsing the wiki. Once I get a wikibot established, I can just let it automatically handle these category name changes, so that'll be nice.
    • A project I've started on is a Resources category, complete with Raw and Refined Resources, as I plan for all individual items to have their own page. I feel this will be useful for resources like Copper and Tin Ore, as an example, as the item page can elaborate on its uses in crafting and show all the locations that said resource can be found in. Still a work-in-progress on this front.
    • Went and deleted about 200-300 Redirect pages that were unused and cluttering up the list of Redirects, still have more to sort through. I'm also looking into new methods of presenting the patch notes for the game. Just some small stuff.
    • And the last minor update: the color scheme has changed to be more paletteable (haha, see what I did there?) Old one can be viewed here.

Another update on wiki matters!

• Decided to switch item pages and their template to the backburner, since there are a lot of different item types and pages and staring at the template code was giving me a headache, haha. I've now turned my attention back to Creature pages.
    • Creature pages have gotten the new template as well, with automated category-handling within it. This will make it much easier to change category names in the future if the need arises; since I can just change the category for entire groups of creatures within the template itself. Hypothetical example of that: If suddenly all Oastics become Pustules, I can just change it in the template and have it take effect immediately. There's a few more tweaks I need to make (adding tiers according to min level), but the template is mostly done and I've been applying it to creature pages. Since there are hundreds of creatures on the wiki... It's a slow and steady process, hehe. Here's a page with the new template.
    • Named Creatures also have a modified version of the template, which I'm going to further modify later so that it doesn't require or display two fields for health and level (since most Named creatures don't have a level range, if I remember correctly). Here's a page with the new template.
    • I've been finding a lot of old/obsolete/renamed creatures as I'm going through the categories, so I'll have to do some cross-checking with the Istaria Reference map to make sure everything is still around and correct some names.
    • Speaking of the Istaria Reference map... I was thinking about putting a small link in the creature templates that would search for the creature's name on the map itself and show the results when clicked, but I wanted to check with Cega to see if it was alright before I did such a thing. :P (Hopefully you're reading and can give some feedback on this one!)

I think that's all for updates, can't think of anything else past ideas that I have to share. Our wiki recently hit its peak rank on Wikia's WAM scoreboard, meaning it made more progress in terms of views/edits than ever before, so that's pretty neat! Thanks to those that are still sticking around and using the wiki, it really does help and motivate.

Anyway. ...wiki updates.
    • Added links to the Creature template that search for the creature's name on the Istaria Reference map. Thanks to Cega for working out a few of the small issues with me and for the approval in the first place.
    • Almost finished implementing the new template to all Creature pages, should only take a couple more hours to cover the rest.
    • Fixed the templates for Named Creatures to display only one health and level cell.
    • Fixed the image-sizing issue in Creature templates so that images only take up a maximum 200x200px space within the table.

Taking suggestions when it comes to reorganizing the wiki navigation and front page, since the content links and navigation in general seem a bit cluttered to me.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; May 1st, 2015 at 05:53 PM. Reason: removed out of topic sentence

I'm going to close this thread, as it's see-sawed into non-constructive corners. If there's something new and specific to discuss, please make a new thread and avoid problems of the past. If you've got to get it off your chest, please leave those discussions / accusations to private correspondence.

I'm going to reopen this thread, since so many people didn't like my moderation skilz. Please do keep in mind the notes above. Thank you.

I've moved some posts to the Istaria Rants section.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; May 1st, 2015 at 05:55 PM. Reason: skilz

Hey everyone! I finally have some more substantial wiki updates to share! Wanted to get some big stuff done before I posted again. Since I've graduated and I'm working freelance, I have more time to pour into the wiki.

• (Mostly) Finished the Infobox:Creature Template. A live version of the template with most fields filled in can be found on the Wrathful Azular page. I went through and made it so that every Creature page should have the basic template and should be categorized correctly and automatically, but I still need to go through and do a second pass for Location/Abilities/Loot since this was a later addition. I also made sure properties are fully-functional again and are utilized throughout the template! This means that common edits by editors using the Visual editor won't break pages and properties.
    • A gathering template has also been implemented into the template, and can be enabled for creatures that can be gathered for resources. Live example can be found on Dim Wisp. Works for spiders and the like too!
    • The old CreatureQuests template that checked for target mobs on Quest pages is now directly implemented into the Creature infobox. Quest pages will be getting a revamp as well to fit the new browsing style!
    • I quickly made an NPC Infobox template to match the new templates, since NPC pages are easier to accommodate with there being less information than items and creatures. A live version can be found on the Gruntour page. 700+ NPC pages still need it, however... yikes!
    • I noticed some NPC pages had quotes, so I found a nice Quote template to utilize, seen here on Drannor.
    • I've been hard at work on the Item Infobox which still needs additions and polish to cover all item types. I haven't even touched half the weapon switches that need doing, so I don't even want to think about all the other types of items! Documentation will come when it's entirely finished. A live version with the new weapon and crafting sections can be found on Bronze Battle Axe.

And as for my to-do list...
    • Loot Tables. I have a list of loot tables, their contents, and what they drop from (thank you Cegaiel for all this information!), I just need to make templates to have them addable to the creature infoboxes. Gonna be working on this today.
    • Tier Information on the Creature Infobox. I want it to take the minimum level and shove the creature into a Tier 1/2/3/etc category based on that, but I'm pretty sure it would require a MASSIVE switch system, counting from 1-whatever the max level is for big baddies (150 might be a good cap?). So whenever I feel like sitting down and mindlessly typing out 1-150 while adding categories, this'll get done, hehe.
    • Make a Quest template and update 1,100+ Quest pages while purging the outdated ones! *eyetwitch*
    • Add 800+ Item pages to that update count as well. Item Infobox needs finishing and implementation, with fields for tools, resources, etc.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

*Outrage!*

I mean...keep up the good work! Poke if you need help finding information.

Thread Information