Thread: X-stals Attuning scales

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default X-stals Attuning scales

not that urgent but,
    When you place an Attuned x-stal into a scale then equip said scale it Attunes the scale.
    Now after removing all x-stals from the scale again, the scale remains attuned.
    Not that important at top lvl but my hatchie that likes to give his scales away after use can nolonger on the socketed ones, meaning i have to delete them instead.

Default Re: X-stals Attuning scales

That's actually not a bug. Socketing attunes the items so that they cannot be used to trade attuned crystals.

Only put an attuned crystal in an item you intend to keep.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    That's actually not a bug. Socketing attunes the items so that they cannot be used to trade attuned crystals.

Only put an attuned crystal in an item you intend to keep.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ive never been able to trade items, whether they be backpack pouches or socketed weapons, tools, or armor to another person if they have anything inside them. So from that standpoint, I don't see how attuning said scale in this case is necessary...
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Correct, you currently cannot trade an item with another item in it. No socketed item (claw, scale, weapon, armor, jewelry) with a crystal in it can be traded to another character. No pouch with an item in it can be traded.

So, I"m with you. I don't see the purpose of this change.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Actually, a thought just occurred to me as to why this was done.

Maybe, just maybe, the Dev's are working on a way to allow us to trade or move socketed items w/ crystals or pouches with items in them. If this is the case, it would be well worth it in my opinion.

Would love to just take a pouch full of comps or what have you and toss it in my guildhouse without having to empty the pouch, stick it i the guild house, then move the stuff into the pouch and vice versa.

With the current inability to trade container-type items with contents or to move them into non-vault structures, this is the only reason I can come up for attuning on socketing.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

I didn't think that WAS a change, coulda sworn it was like that even way back on Unity... if you have a socketed item the instant you socket anything in it and equip it, it has always been attuned permanently, unless I remember wrongly
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Thread Information