Thread: Question about Techniques and AOEs

Default Question about Techniques and AOEs

I'm a bit unclear about one thing. If you are using a weapon or a technique with a special damage that has a chance to proc, does it have a chance to only proc on the targeted enemy or all enemies affected by the AOE?

Also, if you have a benificial AOE spell with a technique like cleanse, does cleanse have a chance of procing on all partymembers effected or just the target?

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Default Re: Question about Techniques and AOEs

umm... what is proc? process? proceed? do you mean it has a chance to go off?
    *sorry i'm a bit clueless*

Yes, proc is short for process. For instance when a % chance tech or weapon special efect actually goes off, it is said to have "proced". It's a term I picked up from my WoW days, don't hear it used much in HZ.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

The crystals will hit the target from what Ive seen. An a spell with cleanse will only affect teh target. I. E. group health with cleanse..only you have a chance of being cleansed.
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Quote Originally Posted by rizo/nawkia View Post
    The crystals will hit the target from what Ive seen. An a spell with cleanse will only affect teh target. I. E. group health with cleanse..only you have a chance of being cleansed.
    That's odd... I'm pretty sure I've stunned multiple mobs with a single, non-multicast, casting of my Stun-tech'd Energy Bomb.

I can't speak on crystal procs since I only use melee proc crystals.
    Last edited by Steele; August 13th, 2008 at 08:49 PM.
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

just about anything that goes on an aoe spell will affect all mobs but cleanse will not. It might be because of the group health spell or because it is target/caster only.
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Thread Information