Thread: Extra!!! Extra!!!:Fafnir has Fallen!

Default Extra!!! Extra!!!:Fafnir has Fallen!

There have been tales of the blight hound known as Fafnir, who, with the very essence of Blight itself, can wipe out an entire group of Gifted brave enough to challenge him...

It has been said, that it takes a great many Gifted to defeat him, but there are some souls out there, who will face him...

Thus, it was decided, a mere group of three Gifted sought to challenge the feared blight hound dubbed Fafnir the Defiler.

After a grueling battle (and a few death points... >_>) Fafnir was brought down by the dragons, Ainura Galeforce, Aika Torcheflamme, and the Satyr, Jaela Capricorn.

Here are a couple of pictures taken at the scene of the deed (too bad Faffy vanished before I could catch him in the screenshot... x_x *points to the group window and the combat log* you might have to zoom in on it a little to read it)

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Default Re: Extra!!! Extra!!!:Fafnir has Fallen!

The battle with Fafnir hath left Ainura weakened and extremely ill given her previous afflictions with the blight, becoming one with the aegis and her soul severely damaged from being brought back to the race of the living. Her weakness was exploited within the battle, being felled a very damaging ten times in that epic battle.

If not for the courageousness and determination of the satyr Jaela Capricorn, the chances of Ainura being able to continue living would be nill. The Satyr once gave her own life during the battle to save Ainura from Fafnir's rage in his losing battle.

It is by Jaela's knowledge of life and the spirit that Ainura was able to limp her way off the battle field, leaving Fafnir's defiled corpse behind, but shall need a great amount of time to recover.

They each have a trophy of their epic battle, a decomposed chunk of hide, though worthless, the best trophies they have from their battle are the new scars their scales and flesh will bare.

heroes you are!! I never heard about that Faffnir was killed by only three!!
    Big Grats!!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

huzzah!!! awesome work there!
    *serves klava to each of you with a towel and a curtsy, then brings you draconic celebration cake and granny nuffle's festival cookies. notices ainura's limp, so casts revitalizing spells tech'd with purify to remove lingering blight effects on ainura, then on aika and jaela too for good measure*

Congrats you three!

good job avoiding the Scorch attack. not easily done with 3 people.

Seems Fafnir was having a bad day that day .. We managed to take him down with two rangers on Chaos seemingly on the same day - Dakoren (R278) and Valdaar (R176). Of the two battles - I'd say probably 2 dragons and one biped would have been more challenging. Although he did manage to get 3 other blight hounds to come to his aid during the battle. We also got very little loot to show for our efforts - no hides - only a radiant bow x-stal for our troubles.

Congratulations.

two rangers? wow, that is quite impressive, good work Valornyx ^_^
    and yes, it was quite difficult when we battled him. When we first pulled him, he just happened to spawn three other blights hounds at the same moment too

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard

Those adds keep it funny though
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Congrats guys, great work from you all!
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Sweeeet! Congrats!

Congrats! Give that old mutt what he deserves. *grumbles* I don't think my eye will ever be the same, after that encounter with him. Saphire led me right through his lair twice on my Rites, and I was lucky to survive both times.
    Good job stomping him.

There are tales of the Blight Hound known as Fafnir the Defiler that inspire terror in the hearts of the Gifted; for it is very well-known that this General of Aegis can easily slay a great number of foes with the power of blight itself. Indeed, there are few who wish to challenge such a powerful creature of the Aegis, but, for the sake of Istaria and our Future, we must do so if we are ever to turn the tides of battle against our never-ending foes.

It is for this very reason, that two courageous bipeds took it upon themselves to make a difference, one that could indeed, perhaps allow the siege of Harro some rest, for the very first time upon the Realm of Order. The Saris, Kytitia Pyrrithia (Rating 169) and the Satyr, Jaela Capricorn (Rating 175) took it upon themselves to challenge the feared Aegis General alone, while under the observation of the Helian Ancient Kalemendrax.

The battle was difficult and even at times seemed bleak, but in the end, the battle is won and the Gifted may have a short breather...

Our journalist managed to capture this picture of the deed...

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

many many congrads and huzzahs from the royal family of blight! well done, and a grand showing of extreme assertiveness from all of you!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Big grats- what an accomplishment
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Huzzah and congratulations! That blighted mutt is one of the few things that causes me to pull back in fear even when I'm set up for hunting. Even more awesome that it was just the two of you! Very well done!! :-)

Thread Information