Thread: Possible Fix for the Khutit Bug.

Default Possible Fix for the Khutit Bug.

Heya all,

Reading another post I think it was Chase that mentioned what exactly was happening in the khutit bug, the default settings being overlayed over your settings. And, well, in this past week as I was away from the internet and had the laptop I had figured out how to change the default model settings so I knew where they were. Upon reading Chase's explination of what was happening I tried just removing the settings from the .def file... and... surprise surpsrise... I didnt khutit bug changing from khutit back into dragon form.

I would assume this will also work on ascensions, however, disclaimer time... I dont know of any other possible side effects removing this from the def files will cause, I dont remember any NPC dragons using the default settings, so there /should/ be no issues. You may also have to move a little bit after changing back from khutit... but no more brown ugly dragon and additional fins I think

http://home.earthlink.net/~parrot23/...utitbugfix.zip

just unzip these into your resources_override and restart HZ...

P.S. this post took longer to do then this mod

Soraii

Default Re: Possible Fix for the Khutit Bug.

by khutit bug - are you referring to the animation bug or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx View Post
    by khutit bug - are you referring to the animation bug or something else?
    Soraii refers to the bug when your dragon model gets screwed up for the others that see you when you change from khutit to dragon form. Your model gets overwritten by the default brown dragon model which results sometimes in funny dragons.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Wasn't me that explained it Soraii was someone else (can't remember who) but I agree with their explanation about the default brown model overlaying.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Makes for some spooky dragon colors...

But also if you fly up out of view and fly back down, that also resets the color. You just have to leave people's viewing fields (and you seeing them) for it to fix.

That's if anyone doesn't want this fix, or if it ends up mesing something else up - in case ya didn't know .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

i do rember seeing a Khutit NPC in the new hachling iland . he's kina hiding ... when u go up to the crafting npc go to the other side were the lave is and he's juset by the lava pool thing "not the one with the whater fall above it .. : ) thow i dont know what he is there for ?
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Naw this is just for the graphic bug of having the default brown dragon overlayed over the players dragon... I still havent figured out how to link the change back to dragon animation... the animation exists I just dont know how to trigger it on changing from khutit to dragon

Soraii

Only think I /know/ this "fix" will mess up is running HZ offline *chuckle* as there will be no default brown dragon for it to load, I just dont remember ever seeing this used in game though as all npc's seem to use the pre-colored base models

Soraii

So.. um.. anyone tried this, any issues other then not having a dragon model in offline mode?

Soraii

I've tried it, it works beautifully, I'm so happy! This has bugged me ever since the withered scales caused the problem!

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

As the original file is lost to the winds, I have uploaded a new version of this mod to dropbox.

I expect this to conflict with any mod that modifies dragona_u_char.def , dragon_u_char.def , dragonj_u_char.def , or khutit_u_char.def and as such would be more useful rolled into those mods instead of installed alone. However if you do not have the previously mentioned files in your resources_override folder installing this will remove the khutit bug / brown dragon bug.

The only downside to this mod is if you use Istaria in offline mode you will not see your character.. although there is not much one can do in offline mode.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/epef6iroco...g-fix.zip?dl=0

Soraii

Thank you for this, that really helps!

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Thread Information