Thread: Hoardmas?

Default Hoardmas?

Since Gnomes have their Gnomekindle and the Saris have their Banner Days to celebrate the Winter, what do Dragons on Hoardmas?

It was mentioned several times, "Merry Hoardmas" things to buy in the item shop even St. Drulkar.

So is there any Hoardmas lore? Do dragons actually celebrate Hoardmas? What they do on Hoardmas then? Brings Drulkar good Dragons hoard at hoardmas, and he steals the hoard from bad ones? Or give Dragon parents their hatchling hoard at hoardmas?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Hoardmas?

well, tak, it seems to me that all families and peeps have their own little rituals and rites to celebrate holidays.........

so how does the tak clan celebrate hoardmas?

(if i could get back in and log in vel - mw's hoardmas gift would be the ability to access the plot building with the packs, satchels, and cargo disks in it.....)
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Brings Drulkar good Dragons hoard at hoardmas, and he steals the hoard from bad ones?
    WHAAAAAAAAAT!
    *Grabs all her hoard, stuffs it into a closest, shuts the doors, covers it with locks and nails a "Xan's hoard is not in here" sign on it.*

It's my hoard! Mine you hear me! No dragon god it getting a single gold coin from my precious treasure! *foams at mouth*

(someone get the tranquilizer)

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

*Dangles a golden urn between his claws* You missed one!

*Runs like heck*

In the stories contest awhile ago, I submitted a story dealing with this idea. It was called the Festival of Ash.

The Festival of Ash occurs during the coldest months of winter, when the cold air above Dralk makes the ash fall like snow across Char. Dragons, Lunus and Helian both, would come to Char, share their flame in the lava pools under Dralk to keep them warm, shared hoard items (trades of equal value!), and sampled delicasies brought from across the land.

That last part is perhaps the reason why the festival is not celebrated in the Empire. There are several different ways to serve a biped...
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Since Gnomes have their Gnomekindle and the Saris have their Banner Days to celebrate the Winter, what do Dragons on Hoardmas?

It was mentioned several times, "Merry Hoardmas" things to buy in the item shop even St. Drulkar.

So is there any Hoardmas lore? Do dragons actually celebrate Hoardmas? What they do on Hoardmas then? Brings Drulkar good Dragons hoard at hoardmas, and he steals the hoard from bad ones? Or give Dragon parents their hatchling hoard at hoardmas?

I'm reminded of a story about a certain dragon who steals shinies from hatchlings for his own greedy purposes. Man I'm rusty on Dragon lore though, but he can totally be the grinch of Hoardmas...

Quote Originally Posted by SinOfSUns View Post
    I'm reminded of a story about a certain dragon who steals shinies from hatchlings for his own greedy purposes.
    That would be Burnbones.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Kaerisk View Post
    In the stories contest awhile ago, I submitted a story dealing with this idea. It was called the Festival of Ash.
    The Festival of Ash is too draconic to satisfy the Cultural Equality Clause, so it remains unrecognized by the Empire. Changing it enough to make it acceptable to the B.O.O. would just be unthinkable - the Council of Elders would be outraged at the mere suggestion.

As a side note, the Festival of Ash makes a brief appearance in one of the quest lines associated with the Labyrinth...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    That would be Burnbones.
    Ah. Burnbones the Grinch. Sounds like a good start!

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    As a side note, the Festival of Ash makes a brief appearance in one of the quest lines associated with the Labyrinth...
    Yay! I feel validated now!
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

Thread Information