Default What is a Dung Pile?

Dung Pile
    (Compendium Entry)
    Size: Large
    Climate/Terrain: Any
    Organization: Special
    Locations Spotted: Throughout Istaria

Lore
    These massive heaps of foul, filthy excrement and blight residue are found within blighted regions. They are believed to be residue of the blighting process itself as well as waste left behind by the passage of fleshy blight constructs such as the Abomination and Aegror. They quickly become havens for hordes of ravenous maggots which threaten to consume any living thing that passes within their sensory range.

Description
    Massive foul smelling heaps of waste and residue, the Dung Pile is able to generate numerous ravenous maggots until it is destroyed. Its surface is covered with a hardened outer shell as well as a cloud of flies and stench.

Combat
    The Dung Pile has no combat capabilities, though it does exude a foul stench that threatens to overwhelm those who come within range.

Evasion
    As a stationary object, the Dung Pile cannot evade incoming attacks.

Special
    The dung pile serves as a monster generator, spawning monsters such as Maggots and Necroflies.

Resistances

• Magic
      • Fire – The dung pile is vulnerable to fire-based attacks and damage.
      • Energy – The dung pile is vulnerable to energy-based attacks and damage.
      • Ice – The dung pile is vulnerable to ice-based attacks and damage.
      • Nature – The dung pile is vulnerable to nature-based attacks and damage.
      • Spirit/Ethereal – As a non-living thing, the dung pile is immune to ethereal and spirit-based attacks and damage.

• Physical
      • Slash – The dung pile is vulnerable to slashing attacks and damage.
      • Pierce – The dung pile is vulnerable to piercing attacks and damage.
      • Crush – The dung pile is vulnerable to crushing attacks and damage.

Art Concepts
    You can view art concept videos of the Dung Pile in the Movies section of the Istaria Community website.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: What is a Dung Pile?

Oh wow, great, I can smell it!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Now the gnomes need to invent nose-clips. LOL

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

that's gross XD

Ahahahah, I love it! XD

Hmm so are these replacing anchors or are they going in the new dungeon?

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    Hmm so are these replacing anchors or are they going in the new dungeon?
    Odd question. Not replacing anchors, not sure why they would. As for where they will be used..... Thats a secret :-D

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Good man Amon, give us some suprises, that's what adventuring is supposed to be about!

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Aw, crap.

BROWNSTORM!!! (the stuff hits the fan..)
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Wow... That thing's rotten, let me tell you. XD
    <----clicky!

Hmm you've missed out primal on the magic list
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Ewwww!

Intuition says that beating up a piece of poo to get rid of it results in making the problem worse. Then again... we hit wells with buckets to get water. Let the [fecal matter] fly!

Will we be able to craft poop-scoops that can one-hit kill these things?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Intuition says that beating up a piece of poo to get rid of it results in making the problem worse. Then again... we hit wells with buckets to get water. Let the [fecal matter] fly!
    My intuition would tell me to avoid lots of things in Istaria, including things that are on fire or things that are dead and really angry at me! hahah. Also, count me a wuss, but I never in my life want to see a maggot that is larger than the average dog!!!

As a farm boy who has litterally been covered in dung from head to toe...I can tell you it isn't all that dangerous. They do spawn some nasty critters though, mainly flies, maggots and the like...some parasites etc. Best avoided, and hitting it doesn't help much.

Fire can...if you can stand tasting the smell afterward....yeah I said tasting.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha.....

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    As a farm boy who has litterally been covered in dung from head to toe...I can tell you it isn't all that dangerous. They do spawn some nasty critters though, mainly flies, maggots and the like...some parasites etc. Best avoided, and hitting it doesn't help much.

Fire can...if you can stand tasting the smell afterward....yeah I said tasting.
    Oh?

Wanna help me clean the barn, or the farrowing house?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

...Interesting. o_O
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Nice new spawn points. That is very cool.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

it needs werewolf gaurds so they can masticate on excrement and emit sounds like a canine at istaria's natural satellite!!!

(queen's kiss to the first poster of a [clean] translation!! lolol )
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Odd question. Not replacing anchors, not sure why they would. As for where they will be used..... Thats a secret :-D
    I figure they'll be the markers for where to find fungus growing... wasn't there a discussion about what should guard all the different resources?

Thread Information