Thread: vista 64 ultimate

Default vista 64 ultimate

Let me start by saying that I played Horizons years ago at launch and truly enjoyed it. I went on to play several other mmo's but now I would really like to return. This game seems to have the type of community I have been searching for and I always loved the multi-classing and the crafting.

My problem now is that I can not seem to get the game to run on my two vista 64 ultimate machines (my wife would like to return also.) It installed fine on my laptop (vista 32 home) but whenever I attempt to start the launcher I get an error message:" Launcher.exe/launcherPrefs.lopt is in use by another process." I have disabled DEP for horizons.exe. I used the resumable download link from the website and the shortcut. I used the same install process for all 3 computers. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: vista 64 ultimate

Officially vista is not yet supported.
    Although on Blight (test) server there has been a succes.
    Life servers are still not vista compatible...

Have you read the posts in this thread?
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=20541

If you read the last 2-3 pages it should contain all the info you might need.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Unfortunately none of the resonses in that thread address the spcific problem I am experiencing. Thanks for your resonse though. I have a support ticket in. Hopefully they can provide me with a work-around.

I hope that they will find a fix
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

If you are using horizons.exe, you are NOT using the Vista compatible client.

The only place where Vista is supported currently for Vista is on the Blight shard. And the client would be istaria.exe, not horizons.exe.

Also using the website to start the game is not the method for starting the game, especially with Vista.

I have Horizons running on Vista 64 bit. You have to download both the installer and then the launcher upgrade. Install the downloaded version, and once it finishes install the launcher upgrade. This will create a new desktop shortcut that works for Vista.

I'm playing on my smaller XP machine until the new vista client is live, but I have tried it on blight with 64 bit and 32 bit Vista machines and it works fine.

I am using the client from the download page. I do not have an older version of the game installed. I have tried all the suggested fixes but so far nothing is working. I am not quite sure why but I get the same error on two different systems. The only common demoninator is that both machines use vista 64 bit ultimate. Like I said in my previous post the game loaded fine on my vista 32 bit home edition laptop. I am sure it is not my installation method.

make sure you head over to microsoft.com and grab a copy of .net 1.1. not having it will apparantly cause the "file in use by other program" error.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/1...e-fails-error/ I had to manual download net 1.1 with that to get it to work

Thread Information