Thread: I have a problem please help

Default I have a problem please help

We wanted to re-try the game so we used our old one to install the game and then it would not start up so we downloaded the Launcher all was going well until it gave the Error Horizons exe. has stoped working.

Well I came to the forums and it appears this game is not set up for Vista but some of the post is old, is this game still not compatible with Vista 64 Ultimate?

Please tell me I did not waste $30 for me and my husband and I can not play.

Thanks

We tried all the fixes we could find.

Default Re: I have a problem please help

Currently the Vista fix is still on Blight, and has not been pushed to the live servers just yet. I dont know if you've tried the fixes in this thread yet, but it has allowed some people to get thru to the live servers. Good luck!

Thanks Tcei we have tried all and did not see the warning until it was to late such a shame I so wanted to play my dragon!

Bah just mad because I wasted my monies on something I can not even play now

An option you do have, is to have your character copied to blight (its free), that way you can play your character. Only thing is any progress made on that server wont be reflected on your original character back on your home server. But it does give you a chance to play, and refamilarize yourself with the game

My guess is by June with the big content push you will be able to play on the live servers.

Did you turn off UAC for Vista? Have you installed .net 1.1 package from Microsoft before you patched to blight then added the 383.1 or 383.2 Vista Fix? I found both version of the fixes worked for me. Did you try install the new launcher using this download provided by the dev team member deeper in that thread suggested?

Once you've patched to blight closed it all down and added the vista fix to the games dir and have it overwrite the old files then use the launcher.exe in the games main dir, then make sure the full scan is not checked in Patcher options on the non web based launcher for the game and it should work. It's a good idea to read the whole thread suggested to you as well if haven't already.

You could always try Windows 7 Rc version that's just been made available for download and can be used until June 2010 for free. Make a dual boot OS with it. You can use your Vista disk to resize your partition and create a new one keeping your Vista partition intact. Then install Win7 to the new partition. It will automatically create the dual boot menu between Vista and Win7 at boot up for you. Then try the fix method and see if you have any luck. All Vista drivers will work with Win7 in Vista compatibility mode set on them with a simple right click, options compatibility tab. Hope you get it working
    Last edited by Greenclaw1; May 7th, 2009 at 09:35 AM.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

also, sih, makes sure you are trying to use the launcher.exe to get in - not horizonslauncher or any other [whatever]launcher.exe you might have.
    just launcher.exe
    snake had to manually put a shortcut on his desktop, as the game shortcut icon put there automatically when you install the new launcher files did not go to launcher.exe, but to one of the other exe files.

once we made sure he was accessing the correct exe to launch the game, we was in like flynn, following the instructions from the support page.....

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=20541
    http://community.istaria.com/pg.php/download
    http://support.istaria.com/support-c...mod_id=2&id=77 <--- launcher instructions
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sihera View Post
    We wanted to re-try the game so we used our old one to install the game and then it would not start up so we downloaded the Launcher all was going well until it gave the Error Horizons exe. has stoped working.

Well I came to the forums and it appears this game is not set up for Vista but some of the post is old, is this game still not compatible with Vista 64 Ultimate?

Please tell me I did not waste $30 for me and my husband and I can not play.

Thanks

We tried all the fixes we could find.
    I recommend you open a support ticket at support.istaria.com and explain the situation. There's a good chance they will extend your sub a month so that you can play after the Vista patch goes live. Support is very understanding about plot issues and subscription concerns.

To help get the vista compatible client working on the live shards:
    1) Log in to blight so that you can patch up with the new istaria.exe, launcher.exe files. You may need to create a character there or ask to have one copied to do this. Most of us already have copies there so this step is very simple.

2) Log in to live server without patching. I accomplish this by using a batch file (keep in mind this is not a supported method of launching the game, but it does allow some testing on live shards using the blight client):

Starting horizons.exe without a web browser: There have been countless threads about this and many people use this very same method. I'm just going to largely copy and paste from one of those pre-existing threads.
    When the batch file runs, it's going to be relative to whatever directory that it's in. Given that, you need to make sure that when you call horizons.exe or istaria.exe that you first change directory to your Horizons install directory so that the script knows where to find it:

cd "C:\Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons"

Be sure you reference the actual install location on your computer which is likely different than the above.
    After that, you want to start the application like so (explanation of params below):

horizons.exe weblaunch_standard username password worldname biotenum port auth_server_IP public_key playername DefaultShard

username - This is your e-mail address
    password - This is your password
    worldname - This is your shard - expressed in lower case
    biotenum* - This is your char's biote ID
    port - Always leave this 0
    auth_server_IP* - In form "ip: port" without quotes or spaces - you can see this in the launch URL
    public_key* - This is that long as string of hex
    playername - This is your character's first name
    DefaultShard - This is always "DefaultShard" - don't change it

* You should be able to get this information from the second login screen where you actually launch the game after logging in to the website. Simply right-click on the page's background and select "View Source" Once you are at the "Start Istaria - Character: <toon name>" web page.

An Example Batch File:

horizons.exe weblaunch_standard [email protected] hehyeahright order 1234560 0 198.65.124.150:47101 0602000000A40000525341318001000001000100D30E97AC5D 826759CF495CD11A1127BF73B91EC860E656001340F3D20D19 96C1BCDDBDE8778BE494992FAUXCSAMPLEC4 ToonName DefaultShard
    Note: the line used to launch the game, starting with horizons.exe, is actually all on one line. It is very long and will wrap around.

All one needs to do is open up notepad and save the file as a .bat (Windows Batch File) and place it somewhere on their machine. You can run batch files by just double-clicking on them. I keep mine on my desktop due to easy access. I also did not put it in my Horizon's install dir since it'd likely get deleted during a full scan.
    Note: Never give out your account details to others, which is contained in plain-text in the launching batch file.

Once you get this working on the live shards using "horizons.exe", make a second copy of the file and change the exe launched from "horizons.exe" to "istaria.exe" for use with the new client. If you have already patched to blight, you can simply make a single batch file referencing "istaria.exe" and begin playing with your live server characters immediately:

istaria.exe weblaunch_standard [email protected] hehyeahright chaos 1234560 0 198.65.124.150:47101 0602000000A40000525341318001000001000100D30E97AC5D 826759CF495CD11A1127BF73B91EC860E656001340F3D20D19 96C1BCDDBDE8778BE494992FAUXCSAMPLEC4 ToonName DefaultShard
    I understand this is a bit technical but once you get the file working, it rarely needs changes. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Guaran; May 7th, 2009 at 06:10 PM.

Thank you all I finally got it working on Blight with the great help of Customer Service and all your ideas, have not tried the live server yet but so far its running great a lot better then before. I am so excited to play

Thank you all again!

Thanks Greenclaw a whole bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Sihera View Post
    Thank you all I finally got it working on Blight with the great help of Customer Service and all your ideas, have not tried the live server yet but so far its running great a lot better then before. I am so excited to play

Thank you all again!

Thanks Greenclaw a whole bunch!
    No problem, glad to hear you got it working.

As it stands, you can play everything just fine on the Blight but there's isnt too much of a player base on that realm. I've heard everyone say that the patch will go through to the other realms to make them compatible with Vista "soon." Unfortunately, I haven't heard any real clarification on a time frame. I've heard some players claim it will only be a few weeks, but I haven't seen any confirmation of that so it might just be hopeful thinking. I'd love to see it happen within a few weeks so I can transfer to a realm with more people to talk to, but as this has been a work in progress for many months I don't know how reliable these hopes are. ::crosses claws::

I seem to remember that there's a way to use the blight client when playing on the live servers - ain't it so..?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Yes, there is. If using the above batch file method to log in, do the following:

1. Log in regularly to Blight.
    2. Log out.
    3. In the Horizons folder, COPY istaria.exe to your desktop (this is the Blight client and you may have to recopy it back into the Horizons folder from time to time when patches are made on live).
    4. In the above batch file, change horizons.exe to istaria.exe
    5. Save the batch file.

This bypasses the launcher entirely. It also bypasses doing any patching. So, when a new content patch is announced, you will once again want to patch to the live servers (if possible), log out, recopy the istaria.exe file back into the Horizons folder, and use your batch file to log in.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information