Rvlion’s Journal 1st Granite.

It would seem that I am kicked back into the seat of leading this band of dwarfs. While in a way I should be honored I cannot help feeling that I do not feel entirely comfortable.

My predecessor has told me that I have no worries about anything what so ever. Considering I don’t even trust myself let alone others let me be the judge of that.

Food… Okay
Drinks… Okay

I guess the basics are fine… For now.

It would seem that I need to make some minor alterations to the allocated jobs.
A metalworker who is also a miner? The Clothmakers doing stone detailing?

All these stones who are just laying around here are just annoying me, not to mention the fact that I see all these reports from my kin about bruises and scrapes from the non-smoothed walls every were.

Also why am I digging tunnels near the center of the earth, maybe I will find out now while I run this place.

Rvlion’s Journal 7th Granite.

After many days of digging and finding loads of gems, stones, stones stones and did I mention stones? We discovered a vein with loads of gold. We might be able to do something with this in the future.

Rvlion’s Journal 10th Granite.

Finally finished with the gold, now I will go straight to the smelters to force them to smelt them into bars and at the same time started with the smoothing of the walls in the magma area. I have to say that the death cries of all those puppies being brought to the butcher workshop are really getting on my nerves…

Rvlion’s Journal 13th Granite.

The tree huggers aka the elves have arrived. Lets see if we still got some goblin junk for sale in exchange for probably a massive load of cloth. I will make this promise… If they only carry cloth they will die, not sure how I plan to do this but death awaits them.

Rvlion’s Journal 17th Granite.

It would appear that these elves might be likable after all.
They brought booze, food, seeds and even a deer and 2 mountain goats.
I will give them some goblin junk and send them on their way again.

Only can someone please tell me why in the great one’s name we have dwarf leather and dwarf bone crafts… Will need to talk to my predecessor about this, even the elves gave me a weird look when trading them.

Rvlion’s Journal 26th Granite.

Migrants have arrived… 19 dwarfs total actually which makes our fortress now to a comfortable 80 dwarves.

For the record this list:
2 Miners
2 Woodworkers
1 Ranger
1 Animal Caretaker
1 Weaponsmith
1 Woodcrafter
1 Clothier
1 Fish Cleaner
1 Cheese Maker
1 Milker
1 Miller
1 Tanner
1 Marksdwarf
1 Axedwarf
3 peasents

I will put them to work, probably stone hauling duty once I am done with my woodcutting…

Rvlion’s Journal 14th Slate.

Long time since anything interesting has happened, but news have reached my ears of Bembul from the food division has gone into a mood and claimed a Craftdwarf’s Workshop, it will probably be another worthless item, but I will try and stay kind to him.

Rvlion’s Journal 19th Slate.

After a curious check of the Craftdwarf’s Workshop I notices no Bembul, but 3 obsidian rocks, 2 turtle shells and 1 pipe opal… It is going to be some artifact with all this stuff.

Rvlion’s Journal 22th Slate.

After another complaint about the rock walls I have decided upon an emergency decree. The children have been put to work together with stone division to smooth all the walls, those annoying weaklings only eat and drink all day so good time to start making a contribution.

Another sidenote… Bembul finally gathered all his stuff and has gone to work…

Rvlion’s Journal 22th Slate.

Bembul is finished with is experiment and it was disappointingly an obsidian mug which he calls Koshudesh Fidgam Enen, Slaughtersskins the Assembly of Illness. It is just another useless item to me… Why couldn’t it have been a nice obsidian sword or something.

Rvlion’s Journal 13th Felsite.

It has been a long time since my last report so I atleast wanted to write something. The woodcutting is going as planned and on schedule and so is the smoothing of the walls. I do get a lot of whining because the metal smiths cannot create Billion Bin’s and Barrels. For this reason I have decided to cancel the order to build these items for the time being.

Rvlion’s Journal 23th Felsite.

Today has been a sad day in the history of this fortress. One of our champions Kivish Inethust has died during a training accident.

Rvlion’s Journal 3rd Hematite.

Another boring, we have been building day and night on my special project for this year. It is not very important for the survival of the fortress, but a bit of smoothing and floor building will transform the fortress into a real obsidian eye catcher… for our own people that is. I don’t feel like fighting a whole lot and considering the goblins and kobolds have been keeping very quiet lately I fear for what is to come.

But I am getting far to pessimistic… It is also time for great joy. Lorbam Ducimishen which is one of our faithfull marksdwarfs has given birth to a lovely baby girl. Which brings our number back to 80. The way that things are going right now we might even survive this year.

Rvlion’s Journal 17th Hematite.

The Human caravan has arrived this caused quite an annoyance for my predecessor considering I had the old Trade Depot disbanded due to some renovation, but it has been rebuild in the old animal training facility which has also been removed until further notice… For whoever reads these logs… In my head it had a purpose.

While enjoying the new look of the outside fortress I notice my friends dumping some stones in the water of one of the smaller lakes. After I walked up to them and asked the simple question “why?�, they explained that this was the designated dumpsite for all things we have no need for anymore. After asking if other of these sites existed that I had not yet heared of the reply was “yes, near the training catapults�. I immediately gave out the order that until further notice those 2 outside areas are no longer allowed to be used for item dumping. I saw many annoyed faces, probably because they liked the splash from the water…?

Rvlion’s Journal 28th Hematite.

Due to a terrible accident during the removal of some stairs hanging over the magma pipe the young child Rakust Azintekkud has drowned or better yet burned in the lava. The body of the child was no longer recoverable, the fait of a dog that was near the child at the time of the accident is as of yet unknown.

Rvlion’s Journal 9th Malachite.

It took Ironhand nearly 2 weeks but he finally found himself the time to actually go trade with the Humans waiting for him. The report that I have received mention that he bought all the food from the caravan, all the booze and a few metal bars that were for sale… Ow yes and don’t forget the 3 caged dogs.

Rvlion’s Journal 13th Limestone.

While doing my rounds enjoying our new and improved fortress I was nearly run over by Kol Oddomdodok who was running towards a mason’s workshop with a weird look in the eyes. I guess we shall be getting another piece of artifact junk.

Rvlion’s Journal 22th Limestone.

It would seem that the Dwarven caravan has arrived, they are hard to miss actually with 6-7 wagons, I ordered Ironhand to buy all the stuff we need and might need even some things that might seem strange. Later that day I received a report from Ironhand about the deal he made. On the list were loads of metal bars, food, animals in cages, steel stuff for smelting and appearently silk. When asking Ironhand about this he explained to me that Kol Oddomdodok had been yelling and screaming about not being able to find silk so he considered it wise to buy some from the traders. How much I hate to admit it… I agree with him on this.

Rvlion’s Journal 27th Limestone.

The dwarven bulldozer Kol Oddomdodok has appearently completed the item he constructed and it was actually a usefull item… Cenath Sebir, The Adventure of Hide, an Obsidian Table

Rvlion’s Journal 8th Timber.

Not a lot to write today except that another 8 Migrants have arrived. Which all have been blessed with hauling duty. The fortress still is a little messy and I prefer that dealt with as soon as possible

Here is a list of occupation our new haulers had:
1 Animal Caretaker
1 Animal Dissector
1 Jeweler
1 Fisherdwarf
1 Dyer
1 Wood Burner
2 Peasants

Rvlion’s Journal 13th Moonstone.

Our most blessed Mayor Libash Onuldallith mandated the crafting of 2 adamantium items... Has he gone completely crazy?!? Because of this I gave the order to relief Nil Olinadil Tosidliruk from her duty as Captain of the Guard and had her replaced with one of the haulers… Namely a dwarf named Mosus Uniblisid.

Rvlion’s Journal 12th Opal.

Rest in Peace Zon Kivishaval.
Why did you have to go swimming with sturgeon and Sea Lamprey

Rvlion’s Journal 20th Opal.

Rest in Peace Dodok Asmellibad
Knowing what had happened a week ago with Zon why did you need that exact same piece of wood and thus being forced to go swimming with sturgeon and Sea Lamprey.
You both however shall always be missed (mostly because I forbade your corpse to be collected and Zon’s corpse is in the water).

Rvlion’s Journal 12th Opal.

Ow dear another artifact it would seem… One of the haulers have mentioned to me that Zaneg Likotrubal has claimed a Craftdwarf’s Workshop and is collecting various pieces of junk.

Rvlion’s Journal 2nd Obsidian.

It took a while but after checking out the workshop myself I saw Zaneg Likotrubal working hard with loads of items.

Rvlion’s Journal 6th Obsidian.

After a recent order I issued concerning the showing of artifacts to me in person Zaneg Likotrubal came to me today and showed me a Hematite Bracelet which he named Otadabod Amal Roldeth, Handstrikes the Teacher of Anguishing, a Hematite Bracelet.

Rvlion’s Journal 1st Granite.

It would seem that my year is over now. A bit boring considering I had absolutely no hostiles and as such I fear for those who are taking over from me after today.

Artifacts:
- Koshudesh Fidgam Enen, Slaughtersskins the Assembly of Illness (bv: 68400)
- Cenath Sebir, The Adventure of Hide (bv: 86400)
- Otadabod Amal Roldeth, Handstrikes the Teacher of Anguishing (bv: 93600)

Pictures:
- New magma dump
http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/t...smagmadump.jpg
- Info about 3 new artifacts
http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/t...3artifacts.jpg
- General stats at the end of the year
http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/t...neralStats.jpg

Save game for year 208:

http://rapidshare.com/files/38931167...d_208.zip.html

Changes in my year:
- Above ground base area floored except the small murky pools and rover (the grass and trees annoyed me)
- 1st level above ground floor busy with flooring, but is not yet completed (I like a roof over my head)
- Floored over the Magma pipe and re-build the magma dump system my predecessor created (junk now falls all the way down to bottom level and vanishes completely instead of remaining submerged on a ledge near the pipe’s edge)
- Enlarged the underground wood stockpile and cut down most trees on the map. 2 Dwarfs and 1 horse foal died while trying to collect wood close to river edge (wood in that corner has been made forbidden for now!!).
- Enlarged the underground food stockpile.
- All busy area’s have been smoothed and some of that has also been engraved.
- Moved trade depot, deleted wood furnace, glass furnace, and several other workshops which were located on the surface and have not replaced them at a different location (deletion was mostly due to the flooring in progress).
- Removed all above ground stockpiles.
- Did some digging on one of the subterranean levels and dug out 3 large veins of copper and 1 vain of hematite (still 1 vein of hematite to be dug out very close to the central staircase!!)
- Dug out 1 large gold vein at the absolute bottom level
- Lost a few dwarfs 1 child in the magma and 2 dwarfs went swimming with sturgeon, but gained a lot of dwarves due to migration waves and population now sits at 86 dwarves.
- All caravans that came to the fortress came have survived and I bought all food, metal, animals (except most cats I believe) and some silk.
- Considering the annoying mayor suddenly wanted Adamantine stuff I removed the old Sheriff from office and replaced him/her with a less lethal dwarf.
- Using Dwarf Manager I have relocated some dwarves, but most of the new emigrants have been placed in the Carriers group (with the sole purpose of carrying stuff from place to place when not flooring the roof).