Thread: The Map Pack FIX!!!!!

Exclamation The Map Pack FIX!!!!!

Two files need a simple change
    copy this:

string mapPath = "resources_override\interface\maps"

Open these two files:
    c:\program files\istaria\resources\interface\themes\default\d efs\UIMapWindow.txt

C:\Program Files\Istaria\prefs\ClientPrefs_Common.txt

Near the top of UIMapWindow.txt you'll see string mapPath = "resources\interface\maps" replace that with the string above

Near the bottom of ClientPrefs_Common.txt you'll see the mapPath =
    again replace that with the copied string from above

Two simple changes = Working Resources/trainers/machines
    leave any posts if you have questions.

McPee of Chaos

Default Re: The Map Pack FIX!!!!!

Map Pack needs a fix? ... Odd, mine is working fine.

Didn't work, for me

Look here for a generic fix for all problems of interface/maps/etc... involving resources_override folder with the new client: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...8&postcount=21
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Also the guide assumes you've already copied the resources and resources_override folders from The Map Pack folder to the Istaria folder.

If you edit the ResourceMeta.def file like that one post says and then put it into your resources_override folder instead of your resources_override\resources folder then I think the map pack should work properly

I get only resources mobs and machines and npcs, so basically i get everything cept for the tele pads ><. I have notice map takes longer to load now.... Any suggestions?

I've done all these things (including the edit of ResourceMeta.def with the two overrides at the bottom so they are seen last) and the map ends up looking like a huge grid of square map sections on a black background. It is just parts of the map in blocked sections, most of it is black. I copied the UiMapWindow.def from the map pack folder to replace the original (because it has more than just the change to "string mapPath = "resources_override\interface\maps") in the first post by Draxe.
    I also copied the entire "maps" folder from the map pack and replaced what was in the resources_override folder.

I have Vista Home 64, could that be a problem?

Well that ResourceMeta.def edit didn't work for me but I did get it to work.

This is my ResourceMeta.def in Resources folder:
    Code:
    ForceScanDir
    {
     string Dir = "world_cache\"
    }
    ForceScanDir
    {
     string Dir = "resources_override\"
    }
    ForceScanDir
    {
     string Dir = "artist_preview\"
    }
    ForceScanDir
    {
     string Dir = "resources_override\interface\maps\"
    }
    ForceScanDir
    {
     string Dir = "resources_override\interface\themes\"
    }
    I did all the other stuff posted above too. I am using the UIMapwindow.def from the MapPack folder (which has the changes posted above but is also different in a number of other ways then the VI version).

I should add that it seems not all of us have those folders at the same level as I do, hence no "resources" folder mentioned in my last two ForceScanDir. I have Vista64 so perhaps that install is different for some reason, go figure.

If you don't have a resources folder in resource_override, then you must have a pretty old version of the Map Pack. Terao added the resources folder when I restarted the project.

What I can suggest you is to delete all Map Pack files from resources_override and do a fresh install with the installer from the 3.3e version from Terao or the 3.4 version from Katscratch.
    With them, there is no need to edit or copy the UIMapwindow.def as it is properly installed in the resource_override folder.
    Then edit the ResourceMeta.def as I suggested.

I have installed the game and the Map Pack on Windows XP (32-bits) and Windows 7 RC1 (64-bits), and the files and folders a strictely the same. I guess Vista is not different.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Heya all,
    I've noticed that my old map does not correspond to the new revamped terrain since latest patch.
    Anyone has already the new files so we may update our maps ?
    Best regards,
    Knud

map pack worked just fine for me without having to do any of that. I only had to change that one string under client_prefs that it said to change in it's readme.

Okay...I think I have this figured out. In order to make the map pack mod work *consistently*, even through patching, you need to follow all the advice already given in this thread, except you do NOT need to make a copy of the ResourceMeta.def file, in the resources_override folder (it wouldn't do you any good, anyway). then, all you need to do is set the *original* ResourceMeta.def file (the one in the regular 'resources' folder) attributes to 'read only'. To do that on an XP system, right-click on the file, select 'properties', and in the box that pops up, tick the check-box labeled 'read only'. This will dissallow the patcher from redownloading the ResourceMeta.def file (thus setting it back to default).

The reason for this, is because when the game starts loading up, it reads the ResourceMeta.def file, to see what directories it needs to scan and load in. Putting the ResourceMeta.def file in the resources_override folder doesn't work, because the game reads in the ResourceMeta.def file *before* it knows to start looking in the resources_override folder. It (the game) has already gotten past reading in the ResourceMeta.def file, by the time it starts looking in the resource-override folder.

I've done this fix on two different system that were both experiencing these map pack problems, forced patches on both, and it has worked, on both systems.

Hope this helps.

Setting to read only works for me as well. Thanks for the tip.

Thread Information