Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 171

Default Blight Update 171

Key/Chest System Changes

The Key/Chest system has been revamped with this delta.

• A new skill has been added to all adventuring schools called "Intuition". Keys are capped by tier based on your intuition skill.
    • Keys have a minimum level which you must attain before they can be used. Once you have attained an adventuring tier in any single school, that will always be the tier of key that you will need to use. For example, if you have attained level 100 as a warrior, then decide to multischool and take up mage, you will still need to use a T6 key even when opening a T1 chest. Skeleton Keys are the exception to this rule. You must be level 100 in your current school to use a Skeleton Key.
    • Key damage overall has been lowered signifigantly such that doing damage with a key is usually less effective than using a normal spell/weapon on a monster of that tier. While in theory you can still damage a monster with a key, doing so uses up the key and does not provide a very effective attack, in other words.

Changes

• Myloc Birthing Sacs are no longer worth any XP
    • Formula "Journeyman Spell: Dark Cyclone" is now called "Epic Spell: Dark Cyclone" and counts as a Master level formula
    • Formula "Journeyman Spell: Shining Blades" is now called "Epic Spell: Shining Blades" and counts as a Master level formula
    • Raised the damage of Frosty Maelstrom, but lowered the % chance of applying its effect
    • Frosty Maelstrom augmentation is now known as "Frozen Solid" and is now an Ice DoT in addition to a speed decrease
    • Doc Tarrant will no longer sell Master level formulas
    • Mohs the Diamond Golem now has updated resistances
    • Slightly increased the spawn rate of Hierophants and Harbingers within Dralnok's Doom
    • Updated the treasure for Fire and Flame Beetles

Fixes

• Master Alchemical Metal Powder now has a requirement of 1200 Alchemy
    • Master Alchemical Gem Powder now has a requirement of 1200 Alchemy
    • Fixed a bug with Eilen the Mage where she wouldn't accept Icy Tokens as payment (buy_nothing keyword can't be used)
    • Shadow Spider Venom will now use the correct icon
    • Quest "Biggletorque: Chests in the Deep" will now accept the Ancient Chest in the Myloc Colony
    • Quest "Primal Mastery: Become a Primal Expert" will now check if you have the Primal Adept ability instead of having completed the quest
    • Quest "Primal Mastery: Become a Primal Master" will now check if you have the Primal Expert ability instead of having completed the quest
    • Quest "Memni's Challenge: Earn Lasting Embers" will now properly refer to Memni in Chiconis instead of Dralk
    • Weapon "Exceptional Arthridgel Forest Cudgel" will now give the proper effect on use
    • Quest "Gangaf Quest: Construct a Pump" will now properly point you to Morrigan in Feladan, not Tazoon
    • Technique "Rending IV" now requires Kwellen Flame Cinders instead of Kwellen Blight Auras
    • Technique "Sharper III" now requires a Snow Beetle Mandible instead of a Crushing Ogre Club Splinter
    • Technique "Piercing Winds III" now requires a Greater Mummy Scarab instead of a Crushing Ogre Club Splinter
    • Technique "Piercing Winds V" now requires a Defiled Shade Vapor instead of a Fire Pygmy Ear
    • Removed the "Spell" keyword from Drulkar's Wrath spell so it will be usable by Dragons
    • Quest "Drain Bolt VI: Performance Enhancement" now properly sends you to the Rachival Outlands for Shadow Spiders
    • Quests "Sigrun's Last Request", "Sigrun's Letter", and "The Ghostbuster" should no longer conflict with other quests when you are trying to obtain them
    • Beginner Ambrosia was marked as obsolete, but it is not. Fixed it up and set it back to ready.
    • Removed tier 4 formulas that were mistakenly dropping as loot
    • Incorporeal augmentation will now use the rift form effect as a graphical component
    • Returned Weaker Ghost Vapor to the loot tables for T1 ghosts so that the Shining Blades quest can be completed again.
    • Drain Bolt spells now have a tier classification so that they can be filtered
    • Ganesh's Journal pages are now stackable and tradeable
    • Brachina Beetle Gland is now tradeable
    • Myloc Trophies are now tradeable
    • Bhal'kuk Chieftain's String of Beads is now stackable
    • Bioscholar Phylactery is now stackable
    • Chieftain Bulok's Charm is now stackable
    • Brachina Beetle Carapace now has a proper icon
    • Cedar Treant Totem now has a proper icon
    • Added resource keywords to unprocessed clay resources
    • Porcelain nodes are now found in Istaria
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Update 171

Dragon Breaths:
    - Breath of Acid
    - Breath of Ice
    - Breath of Lightning

now seem to be classified as Melee as they are affected by spells like flame, ice and energy attack. I remember them being magical in the past.

Noncas`Bi-Directional Recording and Scanning Device doesn't have a proper icon and wont show up when equipped. I am able to equip it now though.

After applying Crest of the Blackhammer Clan tech to my shield it doesnt update the shields texture.
    Last edited by Dakoren Ironhand; July 22nd, 2009 at 11:59 AM.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dakoren Ironhand View Post
    Dragon Breaths:
    - Breath of Acid
    - Breath of Ice
    - Breath of Lightning

now seem to be classified as Melee as they are affected by spells like flame, ice and energy attack. I remember them being magical in the past.
    Nothing changed with these that would have caused them to act this way. Only the recycle rate.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Okay thanks for explaining. Nice that we can use damage type modifiers on breaths now too.

Have to say the Drulkars Wrath effect is amazing - spell is working great - damage is nice.
    Last edited by Dakoren Ironhand; July 22nd, 2009 at 12:28 PM.

A few minor things I noticed:

Hunter Scorpion Venom Gland has a wrong icon - should have a trophy one instead
    Galderos`Heart (inert) has currently an icon that is 1x1 which doesn't seems to display the whole icon, maybe it should be 2x2
    Unknown Artifact has currently an icon that is 1x1 which doesn't seems to display the whole icon, maybe it should be 2x2
    Ganesh`s Journal has currently an icon that is 1x1 which doesn't seems to display the whole icon, maybe it should be 1x2
    Same for Journal of Falinthris

Not deleted quest items:
    - Jatell`s Training Sword
    - Barrakhen`s List (for the cleansing bath)
    - Charged Memory Crystal
    - Imbued Adamantium Flask
    - Prototype Claw
    - Kalevala`s Head
    - Dried Blue Rose Petal

Beginner Ambrosia was marked as obsolete, but it is not. Fixed it up and set it back to ready.
    End Quote

Will the Spirit Oil Formula be available as a drop?

Knossos

The Rancor and Swarm Tyrant Shield need to be assigned a coin value so they can be consigned.

The trophies that drop in the rift attune, suggest unattuning these and assigning value so they may be consigned/pawned/hoarded because as of now, they seem worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Beginner Ambrosia was marked as obsolete, but it is not. Fixed it up and set it back to ready.
    End Quote

Will the Spirit Oil Formula be available as a drop?

Knossos
    No, this isn't bringing them back. Simply making it so that anyone who already has the formulas can use them.

Ok whats wrong with this from the Dungeon? Steelsilk Sack Capacity +650 Req Any school level min 105 but the icon is correct lol

Great spawn rate with Myloc Hierophants but at 11000+ HP now combiined with their self healing and Dodgeing I gave up on killing them. Battles that are draws or take forever to win and dont give great drops are not fun imho. Mighty

Lieutenant Acphlegm respawns instantly and has no loot.

<snip>
    Not deleted quest items:
    <snip>
    - Charged Memory Crystal
    - Imbued Adamantium Flask
    <snip>
    Hush. D:

Lieutenant Acphlegm
    *laugh* An Achmed the Dead Terrorist reference.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    Hush. D:

*laugh* An Achmed the Dead Terrorist reference.
    Whew, glad someone got it.

When casting spells on the queen while having Galderos` Heart (Active) in my weapon I do 1-10 damage on her. Also the icon for the item is too small its 1x1 while I think it should be 2x2.

You hit Shaloth the Queen with Improved Energy Bolt V for 1 Myloc Queen damage.
    You hit Shaloth the Queen with Improved Spirit Bolt V for 2 Myloc Queen damage.

Also would like to add that the lag is insane. And that is just with 7 group members, how will it be with a full group or maybe even 2?
    Last edited by Dakoren Ironhand; July 23rd, 2009 at 01:04 AM.

Drulkars wrath quests seem to have found a bug. Was at Ballenos with the charged memory crystal, he said:
    Balennos tells you, 'You were actually successful? Amazing! May I see the memories?

Fascinating... These are remarkable images, Guaran_chaos, but I understand that they do not pertain to your goal. Give me a few minutes and I will see if I can find out anything more.

'
    Now there is no active quest in the quest log, Ballenos will not greet me with anything at all, waited over 30 minutes, and relogged once as well.

There is no expert cure group poison spell formula on Tarrant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

FYI Balennos did not take the charged crystal from me at that point, if he was supposed to..

Re: the expert cure poison

There is no T5 version of the spell, only T6 (Master, which was removed) so there is no Expert Form. The highest castable version is in the Journeyman formula.

Drev

Drulkar's Wrath: casts and damages fine, graphics are inconsistent. 0 for 4, on most recent run.
    ~Without death, life is meaningless. Without evil, good is naught but arrogance. Without balance, nothing is complete.~
    Archangelis Draconis: 100|100|100 Ancient Dragon, 26.8M Hoard GM of Venatoris Tenebrae (Chaos)

Was there a fix for the Delgarath Militia Unsung Heroes : The Harder They Are counter bug?

Also, will Noncas' vendor functions be working now on Live shards (after it is applied to Live of course)?

Drev

Thread Information