Thread: Question about schools

Default Question about schools

In the FAQ it says you can only have one adventure school and one crafting school active at one time but you can change them. Now if you change them do you lose everything? Do you lose the skills you learned? If you are say skill 50 in a school and switch and then go back to it, are you still at 50? or does it reset to 0?

thanks..

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Question about schools

You never lose what you have. What you do end up with are certain abilities that may gray out because they are not part of your new class for adventuring.

For crafting, everything works on a bar chart model. Whichever craft class has the highest skill obtained, that is the amount of skill you have no matter what class you're in. If you go back to a class that has a lower skill, your skill will not visibly raise until that class' gains have overtaken what another class has done.

Forms and techs are still available based on your highest craft skills.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Wow! What an amazing system. I found this game last week because I had become bored and frustrated with "next gen" mmorpgs. I started digging through old mmos that were still online but most were horrible or were nice but had no one playing. Istaria is still very much alive and the more I learn about the game, the more I wish I started playing 7 years ago!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    the more I learn about the game, the more I wish I started playing 7 years ago!
    As do we all wish, for ye be welcome among us and thrice that welcome times three times three, aye and the land wishes also, wise woken!

So thus, and beyond that thus, so. If there be others ye do know that might be in similar seeking... let the winds whisper. Whisper, and speak, speak and shout, as best they may... for Istaria is not dead, nor ever died, and it be a fine place to dance, to grow, to wake... to _be_!

Let thine avatar tell those he or she may know. The door stands open, and the land calls...

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise
    Last edited by peladon; July 22nd, 2009 at 02:13 PM.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

as always, the beloved fool speaks far more eloquently the words i wish i could say!
    the only thing i regret about playing horizons is that i wasn't here from the start.........

most welcome home, lan, and please do tell your friends of like mind about their home as well.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Welcome Landro in our wonderful world

There is so much to see and to learn and to explore
    but the most percious thing you will find here:
    an absolute unique community- and friends.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information