Thread: Question on Masterable abilities. I need someone to clarify something.

Default Question on Masterable abilities. I need someone to clarify something.

Hello everyone. I have a question on masterable abilities - not spells but abilities that you gain every level. OK let's say for instance My mage gets Enhanced Flame Bolt at lv 2 so in order to master it I would have to be lv. 4. Now the problem I'm having is let's say I then decide at lv. 4 of mage that I want to be a Warrior will I automatically keep getting the enhanced flame bolts such as enhanced flame bolt II since I have the first one mastered? Or do I have to switch back to a mage then get to the level that I get enhanced flame bolt II at and then have to get to twice that lv. to master the second one? How does that work?

I'm trying to figure out - if I master an ability will I keep getting the higher level ones of it like Enhanced flame bolt II and III and so forth even if I'm no longer that class or do I have to go back to being a mage to get them? And are they instantly mastered because I mastered the first one or do I then have to get to double their level again? I know this probably isn't very clear and I'm sorry. I'm trying my best to explain it. I just don't exactly understand how this works. I know how masterable spells work just not abilities.

So for example (I'll just make something up) Let's say I'm a warrior and I get smack-gnome at lv 2 and I get to lv. 4 so it's mastered. Let's also say at lv. 12 I would normally get Smack-gnome II but I decide at lv. 4 to change to a mage. So once I get to lv. 12 as a mage would I still get smack-gnome II since I mastered the first one when I was a warrior? Or would I have to change back into a warrior to get smack-gnome II. Also if I had to change back to a warrior would smack-gnome II be mastered since I have the first one mastered or would I have to get to lv. 24 in order to master it?

Any help would be very very much appreciated and will help immensely for me to create my characters. Thank you.

Default Re: Question on Masterable abilities. I need someone to clarify something.

Masterable abilities mean that once you reach twice the level requirement in the class where you got the ability, when you switch classes, then you can still use the ability. Usually abilities are specific to a class (or set of classes with a common skill).

So, in your example as multiclass warrior 4 / mage 12, if smack-gnome is a warrior ability and not a mage ability, you would be able to use smack-gnome I but not smack-gnome II. You would have to be warrior 12 to get smack-gnome II and would not master smack-gnome II until you reached warrior 24. Thus, at warrior 14 / mage 50 with mage as your current class, you would only be able to use smack-gnome I out of that ability series.

Keep in mind that although you can use the ability, sometimes payback is far worse than expected... safe hunting! ;-)

Thread Information