View Poll Results: What should be done about the overburdoning

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Create an option to enable/disable overburdoning

7 22.58%
  • Get rid of the overburdoning while gathering.

4 12.90%
  • Leave the system as is.

20 64.52%

Thread: Overburdoning

Arrow Overburdoning

As a returning player the second thing I noticed again that annoys me tremendously is the overburdoning.
    I hate to everytime delete some items to keep up to speed. And often I wonder what would be quickest. Just flying, or first deleting and then flying.
    So I propose a poll about this.
    Please take your pick and if needed I hope the developers take a look at it.

Default Re: Overburdoning

Options are good.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Why would you put in something to overburden yourself? If you gave that as an option I don't see people going "oh yes I want to be able to not move I'll check yes!"

*chuckles*

While it would be nice to not get overweighted, capacity weights MEAN SOMETHING in this game. To me its just one of the mechanics (like in WOW say its bag slots, in EQII there is a wieght limit as well as bag slots which can be effected by str). Many single player RPG games have weight limits (Or item number limits).

To throw the system out would be a complete overhaul of how our inventories work. I don't know that I agree with spending dev time on that.

It just doesnt' make much sense for you to be able to sit out in a field and farm as much as you want and be able to carry it back without a limit on how much you can carry.

I realize some may argue "hey we have number limits already why do we need both", and I would point out the system is built around limiting one or the other usually - so you have to pick (or go down the middle lane and give up a bit of both).

I mean I hate being overburdened, but at the same time it kinda seems like something that belongs.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I don't think it's being suggested that the weight limit is removed, just that once you reach your limit that's it, there is no extra resources that put you over that limit... ie. the last swing of your pick will always collect the max number of resources before you are over burdened. I personally like the system the way it is, sometimes those extra ones are what I need to make something, or get that lvl, but that's just me
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Indeed I probably should have explained my post a bit better in hindsight.
    I do not propose to allow those few extra resources to be carried back without overburdoning penalty.
    I simply want an option that my last swing only collects the amount of goods which will not overburdon me. That is why I propose a suggestion to implement a switch to allow us just to gather what we can transport at full speed.
    And hallucin8 indeed sometimes gathering each time a few extra resources can save you a long time back to the gathering fields, but I think that should be for you to decide wether you want to go full speed all the time, including extra trips. Or save a trip but fly/run slower at each trip due to being overburdoned or losing time in deleting the overburdoning resources.

Salis

The system of overburdening is not bad. What I don’t like when gathering are all those bonus resources, give an option to change that and leave the overburdening as it is.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

oooh okey well then that makes more sense ...

Yes I would like for that "last hit" to just get the last bit of whatever and not send me 15 items over where I can't move (esp. when its that bonus at the last hit).

So yes a switch, or I would just prefer to not get overburdened - just stop gathering.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Its relatively easy to deal with overburdening.

One way, have either no capacity cog or several tiers lower capacity cog in the gathering tool, with max capacity cog in your processing tool. i.e. mining pick has no capacity or something like a tier 2 with +60 or something. and your smelting tongs with +235 capacity. mine till full/overburdened. equip tongs. insta - not over burdened. Same idea works for dragons as well in tool claws.

Second way, for resources with bonus: save 10 of the bonus resource and once you hit full/overburden, delete the 10 bonus resource.

I have to agree with getting rid of overburdening, its just stupid. If I'm gathering *x* material, I should know when I can't gather anymore....I don't need more mouse clicks in my life over redundant gathering of *x* virtual resource. Yeah, that's a sore spot with me as far as this game goes as well, for what it's worth.

Thread Information