Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bi-Ped Art!

Default Bi-Ped Art!

Ohh My God.... (yes if I'm going to say it I prefer the words to the shorthand OMG) I know I'm a dragon by trade, and the dragon forum has a Dragon art thread, but I love my bipeds too! I'm amazed that there doesn't seem to be a Bi-Ped art thread here at all! Well if there is, let me know, I did a search but didn't find one, if not, well here is a chance to start one. I'm looking for critiques on my latest character based on Taborru, my saris sorcerer.... please comment if you can, hopefully some of you forrumers know him or of him.

Taborru the sorcerer... in the nude.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Default Re: Bi-Ped Art!

wowsers, i had no idea his mane was so long, gives a somewhat different impression than i had from him in game - more mystic, i think. i'm not sure around his neck if the mane should be a fuller flow, blending the head part to be continuous with his beard?

the musculature is excellent, the knees need to be bent more forward i think for a true saris pose

it's very strange seeing him without... ummm... endowments? when naked, not that i think that should be shown here, perhaps modesty trunks or something would be good

i like the way you striated his fur all over, and i find the pads on his hands surprising - i guess i'd've expected a solid pad or solid fur from palm to fingertip, i don't know why. if you do not want his hands emphasized, it could be a little distracting

overall, very cool, nice work!! :-)

Some very good points there Awdz, and I will take them into consideration. My intention is for this to be more realistic looking than the game version, more alive, you might say than a video game. I like the pads actually, I think they add to the charactor. The endowments I could have added in, but left off so i didn't have to put any sort of appropriateness tag on the work.

* snuffles curiously*

I'm with Awdz on that point, very richly detailed and well-done, with or without endowment. I cannot really comment further, because Awdz covered most of the points I noted as well.

I think you've done a very good job, he seems to spring from the page at me. Its almost as if I could meet him in RL.

I am familiar with the character, as Kytitia used to flirt with him all the time ^-^

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Originally from Palmyra, now "South Selen".

Smile Re: Bi-Ped Art!

Larger Version

Gallery

Thanks for the inspiration. Keep up the good work!

~< Gengel >~

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

gah i wish i could do anything artistic like that......i would love to have a royal family protrait......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

O.o that rocks Gengel! *demands more from both of u*

oooh gengel, i always love your scenes. a link might be more appropriate if you're posting an unclad istarian, though.

the body shape is really good, nicely done. the tail struck me as a little odd since it looks stuck onto the back instead of flowing out of the tailbone, and the end of it is flat like someone cut off the real end (taborru's tail has the same flatness on the end, i did not really realize that before). the shading seemed a little odd too, with the breast highlighted as much as the back yet all the way up her cheek darkened; i'm not sure where the light is coming from - are there two suns or something? i want to be able to see her expression, too, and the shading makes it hard.

the small tufts of grass, the wheat and the sky are incredible, and i love the variation in the pattern of spots on her from head to toe.

thank you so much for sharing!

Originally from Palmyra, now "South Selen".

As usual, thanks everyone for the feedback! This was a quick effort (1 day), so yeah, its not perfect . Besides, I needed an excuse for a fur/hair study

I had trouble with the transparencies of the tail model where it met the body. I tried to kludge it, but it needs more work.

The fur is different colors in different parts. The underbelly/chest is white as well as white sections on the face. There is only one light source (sun) with global illumination/harsh due to being a "high noon" scene. I was debating if I should add more ambient light at the cost of losing some of the fur detail due to lack of shadows.

"Unclad" is a tough one....she is wearing fur (more than some Dryad artwork) and I did ensure the tail was appropriately place. Anthromorphs are always edgy when it comes to "nudity". Perhaps a little less "feminine" would have lessen the impact but it would have hurt the low-angle presentation IMHO. I will leave it up to the moderator if it is deemed unappropriate and remove the inline image.

~< Gengel >~

I'm using some new tools and reworking Taborru, but this time I would like him wearing somthing.... I was wondering of someone could do me a favor and post some front and back shots of the saris fasion wear, I'd like to recreate it. Unfortunately I'm not a clothing designer and haven't yet found any comprable examples on the web to get me started as of yet.

* snuffles curiously*

So.... no one has any shots of Kion fassion wear for me to use?

* snuffles curiously*

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

if i can get in game tomorrow, call, i will put vel in hers and see what i can do......
    haven't had the time to get back the last couple days, but hope to get my chores done, exspecially since i just resubbed!! lol

(actually prefer the slinkier kira wear myself, but i loaned it to nia!!! everyone is hot to trot in kira wear!!! :-} )

Hmm... I was thinking about that. I don't think I want to put Tabby in a female Kion outfit..... ^_^

* snuffles curiously*

here we go call!!

kion wear front:

kion wear front twirl:

twirl left:

twirl back:

twirl right:

hope this helps!!

Err... as I said... I really needed the male outfit. :/ I'm going to grab those images anyway perhaps for later.

* snuffles curiously*

its the same, call - just flatten the chest and you have the male version as well (snake has a set of the town wears as well.......)

I could have sworn that the male outfit had large shoulder pieces and quite a bit of a different design. Like without the open back or something. Maybe I'm thinking of the Sslanis one, but that doesn't seem right to me.

* snuffles curiously*

Here is a pic I did of my sslik

sorry for hugeness -_-

"State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

beautiful, sereamha! i love the detailing of the scales and the pointy nubs (not sure what you call them). i like how the color stripes are texture for the overall scaled skin, and those feathers - i'd pluck one to keep if the sslik were not sure to get furious with me! is the tongue sticking out to say tough luck, no feathers for plucking?

Love it-love it-love it!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information