Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Lock up

Default Random Lock up

I got this three times as my game completely locked up, and freezing my computer in the process, it always seems to happen when I go into wide open places where the sky is fading into view. It also appears to randomly freeze the game and computer up, making the game unplayable.

Please help.

I have a petty high-end system that runs the newer games at almost max quality without a problem.
    Last edited by Enever; December 31st, 2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: System, new info

Default Re: Random Lock up

What effect does adjusting your video options seem to have? At what levels do you have them set? Especially view range, quality, shadows...?

I seem to be having the same problem. I am able to get into the game but shortly after everything has loaded the game freezes up and crashes my computer or the game freezes and closes on its own. I haven't changed any settings in the game or on my computer.The morning of the first day that it happened, I was able to get into to the game and play no problem, but that afternoon the problems all started. Believe it was on Saturday. Any ideas?
    Chaos - Kinrath - Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper,
    Ashlind - hatchling, Corinnia - training biped
    Sparkled Sunbeam - hatchling

Be sure to have the latest drivers for your GPU. Maybe do a full patch of the game on launch. You may need to completely reinstall the game and see if that helps.
    Another possibility would be to run the game in compatability mode for either XP or Vista. Try out one or the other and see if it runs any better.
    "I said I was casting. You should have ducked!"

I wonder do you have an ATI 4, 5 series card? If you do some hunting around you will find out there's lots of problems with them right now. Flickering screen, Grey screen of death, vertical stripes, lock up, crash to desktop, system crashes etc, those types of things. The rumours are that the card's initial voltage settings for the idle state is far too low. More rumours suggest ATI never tested these cards thoroughly in their eagerness to make money.

A,D forums are riddled with disatisfied, ranting customers.

Exclamation Re: Random Lock up

i'm haveing a similar problem on my brand new computer, it has an i3-540 3.06 ghz proccesser with built in Graphics card and this game on max settings and never runs hot but 3 days ago i crashed and everytime i run it, it stops respondig just as soon as everything loads i deleted the cache manually and it worked again for a hours and then crashed again wtf? i'm running windows 7 64bit and it worked perfectly for a long time until now i need help!

I and a friend had this problem, full freeze and a jumble of colors on the screen. I had as bad video card in a brand new computer too. I did all kinds of test and it said it was fine but when I removed the card 1 of the connecting pin (strip) was missing. So made it a random error that just got worst till I could not connect anymore.

Her card was dying then died. hehe But we were both having similar problem.
    If you have or can borrow another card, try that. That may be easier then reinstalling the whole computer.
    Good luck

i know it's not my graphics...it's something else...game is still not responding after it loads

It's getting worse it's not the cache as i delete it everytime i log off, but when the name of he place i'm at shows at start up...that's when the game becomes unresponsive the music keeps playing but that
    s it
    Last edited by Hawkman007; August 16th, 2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: typos

Log a support ticket
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Enever View Post
    I got this three times as my game completely locked up, and freezing my computer in the process, it always seems to happen when I go into wide open places where the sky is fading into view. It also appears to randomly freeze the game and computer up, making the game unplayable.

Please help.

I have a petty high-end system that runs the newer games at almost max quality without a problem.
    Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I can't send in ticket because apparently i don't exist on the support site...*sigh* I tried 20 times to log in there...that's whole the reason i don't send in support tickets.
    Last edited by Hawkman007; August 16th, 2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Smile Re: Random Lock up

Quote Originally Posted by Image View Post
    I and a friend had this problem, full freeze and a jumble of colors on the screen. I had as bad video card in a brand new computer too. I did all kinds of test and it said it was fine but when I removed the card 1 of the connecting pin (strip) was missing. So made it a random error that just got worst till I could not connect anymore.

Her card was dying then died. hehe But we were both having similar problem.
    If you have or can borrow another card, try that. That may be easier then reinstalling the whole computer.
    Good luck
    if it were my Graphics card then my Procceser would have died with it as the Procceser is ALSO the graphics card...and i sure hope you had a warranty on your graphics card..
    Last edited by Hawkman007; August 16th, 2010 at 06:53 PM. Reason: spell check

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman007 View Post
    if it were my Graphics card then my Procceser would have died with it as the Procceser is ALSO the graphics card...and i sure hope you had a warranty on your graphics card..
    If you have a integrated graphics chipset then it is most likely part of the South Bridge. This is separate from the CPU.

Hatchling Dragon of Chaos, following the path of Lunus___ ___DRAG 38 / DCRA 55
    Ofnir, Sslik of Chaos. WAR 14 CLRC 10 MAGE 10 SPRT 14 / OUT 10 ARM 10

i even made a clone of Yawe on the chaos shard...suprisingly the game worked perfectly....until today... i suffered a "fatal Error" and now the game won't work again, *sigh* i's not fair

ok this time i wrote down the error.. i think it might be my RAM here it is: Fatal Error: Out of memory: 7@.\Source\agf.cpp:1691 dunno what that is and how to fix it.

Blue screen error or an application error?
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

no blue screen, just says that error and crashes to desktop, i'm told that 8 gbs of ram is recommended for windows 7 64bit but i set aside 5768 mb of my hard drive to use as RAM also, as i have a Tera-byte HDD
    Last edited by Hawkman007; August 17th, 2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: spell check

Its not clear to me what the problem is.

Could be a number of possible causes - Hardware/OS/Game Install etc.

I would say log a support ticket but as you have said you can't login to the support site.

The email address that support uses has 'do not reply' on it so can't use that method either.

PM a dev maybe? Might be your best course of action now
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

I had similar problems with my new PC build about 3 months back. I kept getting random crashes and bluescreens. In the end I found that it was a faulty RAM stick. I RMAd it and got a new set and the problem was fixed. I did A LOT of troubleshooting to figure out it was my RAM. Im assuming you have a multi stick config for RAM. I would suggest removing all but one stick and run Istaria on it for a while and see if it crashes, then test the other sticks after running passes on each stick to see if the crash happens again.

Its a lot of work, I know, but Ive been there and had similar issues and my problem only popped up while in applications that involved a lot of memory usage and retrieval. Also check to see that all your memory is posting in bios or in your system spec screen in windows. If its not reading the full amount you have installed then RAM is probably where your issue is arising from.

Hope this helps narrow down your issue.

Thread Information