Thread: Best pc for Istaria

Default Best pc for Istaria

I'm thinking of getting a new laptop for playing on the road. I want to get the best setup for istaria, but not get higher spec than really needed. I've been looking at what is available and my thoughts at the moment are as follows:-
    windows 7 64bit
    i5 processor
    4gb ddr3 ram
    ssd hard drive
    nvidia 1gb processor
    1920 x 1080 resolution screen
    I'm not an expert on these things, just going on what I've read in magazines, does this spec sound about right, or could anyone think of any improvements, for example would an i7 processor be better or would more ram improve things. I read on forums that istaria is pretty intensive on hard drive access for this reason I have the idea of ssd drive. I'd appreciate any help on this.

Default Re: Best pc for Istaria

Well... to say the least that is about 4-5 times over spec needed to run Istaria. That there is a powerful and high end laptop which can easily run all games up to current date so if you are looking for something that can do that then that would be perfect for you.

But to give you an idea.. a laptop with:
    A single core processor
    512MB DDR1
    ATi mobility Radeon 9200
    can run Istara well. Basically, you really don't need something like that to run Istaria, it would be best to get a computer with a dedicated video card however as a suggestion, you wouldn't want one with an Intel Integrated chip.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

sounds very much like my asus, same specs and all, and istaria rons just dandy on mine!!! you got all you need with that, for sure!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I found that specs are mostly inversely proportional to portability (up the specs and it becomes less portable). The grander for gaming the laptop, invariably the larger it'll be.

It took me ages to find my Asus N81 (N81VG) ... quality gaming laptop, for very reasonable money, with a 14 inch screen so it's easy to take around.

Rakku

Thread Information