Thread: X-mas, Easter mobs

Cool X-mas, Easter mobs

I've been thinking for a while that it would be nice if we had mobs running around in Istaria based on what time of the year it is. So far I've thought about X-mas and Easter ( if you think of anything else feel free to post it. My idea is that in Christmas we could have Evil snow-men, little elves, Evil present boxes (kinda like chests except they'll look like christmas presents and will give you a small gift when looted) and Even an epic Santa. For easter we could have evil bunnies, chickens (more of them, not just in Sslanis), maybe even evil carrots. And eggs hidden all around Istaria (again, kinda like chests) which like chests would give you something once looted and an Epic Easter Bunny. And then once the season (Christmas, Easter) is over they would disappear. I dunno, it sounds kinda fun to me. (for the devs) you won't need to make new moves for them, you'll just link moves from similar mobs to them. Example: Snow-men could have Snow ogre moves.

Default Re: X-mas, Easter mobs

I love that idea
    (maybe in certain areas only).
    (imagines SoG in a Santa costume^^)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    I love that idea
    (maybe in certain areas only).
    (imagines SoG in a Santa costume^^)
    And general reklar Pulling his slay with a big red nose
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

I thought it might make the game abit more enjoyable than having the same thing always. You know...a little change for 2-3 weeks...Keep things interesting...

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

I like the idea of seasonal changes, as long as it does not require a lot of developer support once the initial work is done. And things that are more Earth-lore than Istaria-lore I'd prefer in limited areas. I'd love to see things like seasonal monster herd migrations, or hibernation (monsters move from fields to caves for the season), as long as it doesn't get impossible to find something.

*wants a Santa Reklar.

Along these lines, I hope they bring back the winter treants this year along with the shoulder treant you can make from parts looted from them - fun to collect! Only issue was with finding the spawn, as I recall.

For autumn, it would be fun to have harvest monsters of some sort, nearby but not necessarily in the middle of crops. For spring, I could see creatures that pop out of hidden dens or plants coming up suddenly from the ground to entangle you.

And of course I always love hunts for hidden things that cause me to explore more of the land than I usually traverse. Colored eggs or something else, tell me it's in a general area and I'll search for it! :-)

Great idea!
    Evil pumkins!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Straw blights jumping out of fields of corn...
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Great idea!
    Evil pumkins!
    Ooo I want an evil pumpkin head mask for my kitty - bout time she got to scare that evil enraged bright!
    Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

Its been done but killer snowman... perhaps killer Christmas Treants trees with lights and bulbs coming after you? ewwww scary
    perhaps killer zombie Reindeer? Rudloph decaying with ribs showing etc....
    these are but my thoughts cya

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    Its been done but killer snowman... perhaps killer Christmas Treants trees with lights and bulbs coming after you? ewwww scary
    perhaps killer zombie Reindeer? Rudloph decaying with ribs showing etc....
    these are but my thoughts cya
    Not a bad idea...not a bad idea at all. My goal is to put something completely new in the game which will only last for a couple of days. That way players won't have the time to get used to it and the mobs will be welcomed everytime

Thread Information